Minor/Repaint: Transformers Prime Voyager Optimus!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by [Wing_Saber-X], Dec 14, 2011.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Hi there, fellow respected Radicons and TFW2005 members! Just to post my humble minor 'gruff' CG-inspired repaint of TF: Prime Voyager Optimus Prime. As always, dull plastic on toys are so 'passé' :lol  So decided to do something about it, dammit, albeit with my limited and lame paint skills.
    just used Mr.Color hobby gloss metallic blue for his legs/ a dark metallic red for his upper body, and 'gunmetal' Gundam markers / silver Tamiya hobby markers for his thighs and chest piece and faux windows in bot mode/
    Not to forget props and utter hats off to those who have posted this repaint before me. Respect. :rock : Comments and Critiques are most welcomed! :D 

Attached Files:

2. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Mr. Color lacquer paints are great for Transformers, I've found - however, are you using them with the thinner (either regular, or the 'leveling' type)?

My only suggestion would be to fix up the face - it's where the eyes drawn first, and the drybrushed-type effect is a bit... distracting. If you added some definition with the blue metallic paint to help isolate the area that's silver-ish painted right now, it would look much better, IMHO. :) 

I read-read your post, and noticed you're using Gundam markers for the silver. If you're using Mr. Color paints, invest in their metallics - they look stellar. Their "Super" line retains it's finish without buffing - just make sure you're using a small bit of thinner. Also, be sure to test out a small area (or test-piece) to see if the Gundam Paint markers can have Lacquer paint put on top - sometimes things don't react well chemically.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^Thanks for the awesome reply, dude! Yeah.. sorta mucked up the face, but somehow it looks much more 'whethered' in person. :D  Pics dont do it justice. :lol  FYI, did not use thinner, just a straight paint on. I will maybe try and repaint the head with matellic blue Mr. Color spray-can, but overall thanks for the positive response. :D  much appreciated.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The paint is pretty messy on the head. The silver is also pretty spotty. I would recommend using actual spray or bottle paints.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ^;) 

6. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

Ebay:
    Nice optmus! With all these tfp optimus voyagers I wonder if the ultimate optimus trailer can fit on this prime's trailer hitch. I have't seen any one do it yet. Anyways nice optimus.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^I've wondered the same thing, but if it doesn't I'm sure it will fit on the g3 3rd party trailer (I have both). I'll let everyone know after Xmas, if no one bets me to it