Transformers Prime Voyager Megatron Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by shapercreator14, Jan 22, 2012.

1. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Gimme Gimme Gimme!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, the back kibble doesn't bother me one bit. We've dealt with much worse kibble before, and compared to some stuff, this is very little. I do find the cannon more annoying than previously. The fact you can't lock the sword in position, and the way the sword halves don't fold all the way back when not put together are details that both annoy me. I do like the claw thing. It's a nice little addition I wasn't expecting. It's also something I would like to see him use in the show at some point.

As bad as the cannon is, Megs himself more than makes up for it, imho. He's short, yes, but he's still big and bulky enough that I can ignore his height. The gray plastic is very fitting, and the translucent purple is a nice touch. Even if the light gimmick doesn't seem to work as well as one would hope. The transformation being fiddly makes sense. His alt-mode isn't exactly normal. As for his alt-mode, I think it's great. Not exactly perfect, but it works for me.

Depending on how much cash I have on me when I first see these figures in-store, I might make Megs here my first purchase.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Nice to see that weird "hand" from the pics was just a weapon. A lot of people are saying this is worse than the deluxe, but aside from the weapons and back kibble I disagree. I think the legs especially are a lot nicer, they lack that horrendous dark grey spot right in the middle of the shins. Can't wait to pick him up when he hits the U.S.!

5. shapercreator14

News Credits:
    I love it, I want one so badly, Everyone who got one in the uk is lucky.

6. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice review. Plastic quality and paint apps aside, he looks like a lot of fun. It's good to see he's actually a touch bigger than DOTM Megs; that was surprise after reading everyone moaning about how small he is. But he sure could use some paint. It's dissapointing just how much they keep cutting corners on these new figures, but what are you gonna do.

7. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would like to see another review before I give a definite opinion - but think there's a few things this has done wrong...

Don't know if the jet collar pieces have been arranged the best way in jet mode & still believe there has to be a way to lock the sword.

But after a few reviews, we'll see if I'm right or wrong.

8. shapercreator14

News Credits:
    I want to just blurt out what i want to customize it into but i should really hold back for the surprise. I really am excited to get this figure, It's a larger version of the deluxe, but in my opinion far superior.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely 100% getting this.

I wonder what he would look like with the deluxe megatrons cannon, as i think the one he has is a bit on the large side.

At this point i just expect that we won't be getting silver paint.. i'll just have to apply it myself.

This is just really frustrating that only one area of the world is getting these figures. it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Canada gets the entire first edition line, the UK gets the entire first wave of the robots in disguise line.. and the only gets the 3 deluxes from the first edition line.. and i'm pretty sure some of us haven't even seen all 3 of those figures.

this is the kind of shit that needs to be brought up at botcon... or wherever hasbro is going to be where they have to hear the questions. we need to know why distribution is SO terrible, especially in january and february.. and why we are getting the shaft when it comes to paint. they're obviously cutting corners on size and plastic quality. the prices are going up and the quality is going down. that's not right. if the prices are going to go up, then we should expect megatron to be silver.. now if the prices stay the same, then we should expect to see a dull megatron and cheap plastic.

i get that they want to make money.. but seriously, at some point enough has to be enough. i'd rather pay an extra dollar or two to get nice quality paint.. than pay more to get less.

anyways. my whining and moaning about a toy company is over. sorry lol.

congrats to the people who have been able to get ahold of these things.

10. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want to believe that the voyager is far superior.. and i will probably like it more than the deluxe when i get it. but there are just a couple things that the deluxe does better. the back kibble for instance is far better with the deluxe, and the cannon is a little more proportionate, the forearms are more accurate looking, and from the photo that we saw, the head on the deluxe looks better.. but like i said, if i had to choose between the two, i'd get the voyager, hands down.

11. Scypris

Scypris #SlyCooperSwag

News Credits:
    ehh its ok I guess.. I hate the weapon, the gimmick sucks.. I dont know if Ill get him, Im leaning towards no..

12. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

well.. its nice to see a voyager class... i might be one of the few that will whine about the size of the figure... what.. another megatron that is smaller than optimus? -__- lol.. when i saw that comparison this guy did w/ the DOTM megs.. i quickly pulled out my DOTM megs and put him next to my Transformers Prime Voyager Prime and was like.. uhhhhh.... seems like OP is like 1/2 a cm bigger.... where in the show megatron is like.. towering over OP... sigh.. lol..

still getting it tho!! damn you UK!!!!!!! stop getting all the figures first! wheres the love for US hasbro? seriously...

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

It's a shame that his plastic quality feels cheap. Seems like it took a budget hit for the lame gimmick.

Overall though, it doesn't look like a horrible figure. Just maybe not the super awesome one that I might have hoped for.

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I don't like the arms, I think they'd be better off upscaling the deluxe, in terms of looks anyways. I'll wait for the sales before I get him.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Another Voyager that looks no better than the Deluxe. And with even less paint. Bravo. Someone at Hasbro is in love with cheap, gray plastic. The more waxy-looking, the better.

16. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Despite its flaws, I think it looks pretty decent. I'll definitely be looking for it when it hits stores.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    It's disappointing that the sword halves don't fold all the way and the sword itself doesn't lock..but other than that,I like it.

18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It really is a shame the shoulders and the back kibble are a drag. The paint and the plastic quality is what I expected, and the gun gimmick is lame without a locking mechanism. Mechtech v2. I pray that the other two voyagers we know about (Starscream and Skyquake) don't suffer the same fate. It seems strange that both the cyberverse and the powerizers are focusing on the same translucent gimmick.

Hopefully that vehicon from the main line is freaking amazing. Otherwise Wheeljack and Soundwave are the only keepers so far.

19. WarConvoy

WarConvoy Earth Defense Command

Ebay:
    Darn I was really hoping on this one. Cheep plastic and "Mechtech" weapon with Lights is really turning me off. It seems like Hasbro is skimping on the line after first edition. All of the figures of first edition were designed well and good quality plastic. I hope when they make a Voyager Ratchet it will be more like the first editions.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]