Transformers Prime Trypticon Concept

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by JaidenRoda, Apr 6, 2018.

1. JaidenRoda

JaidenRoda Crusadercon

3569AFA6-3405-4248-8393-CF50AFA86DD8.jpeg 92B7E797-8DDA-4B15-A8F5-871B286C620F.jpeg I found this image of TFP Trypticon in the Art of Prime book, I’m not sure if this is common knowledge or not, please correct me if it is.

• Like Like x 8
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That's a really unexciting design.

The head doesn't even look like Trypticon from WFC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Looks a little too humanoid for my tastes, but at least it isn't the Godzilla-looking thing from G1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    It's a pretty cool looking design, even through it doesn't screams "Human lizard" more than "Typticon" for me.

For several reason, this reminds me of the weird thing going on in the "Flying Minds" episode; In that episode, I can remember than some sort of Decepticon ship is supposed to be hinted as the same thing as Typticon in WFC/FOC, but then it reveals that it isn't, which is weird. It's been a while since I watched Prime, so please correct me if I get anything wrong.

5. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Reminds me of Predator.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Even the art book calls out the show's bullshit over the ship just being sentient instead of, y'know, following the continuity because everything else that "predates" Prime specifically had Trypticon be locked into becoming the Nemesis.

And that Trypticon design is extremely lazy, too - just like everything else with Trypticon, the people behind the show seemed hell bent on deviating from having anything to do with him. I mean, the design for the most part is servicable enough as line art - after all, WFC Trypticon himself was certainly more an "anthrofied" T-Rex with slightly more human proportions at his scale and greater range of movement for his massive upper arms - but the head just is completely terrible and missing the point of Trypticon. It's supposed to be a giant T-Rex head with long flat surfaces and hard geometric edges.
    [​IMG]

When Prime decided to try and screw over the aligned continuity by refusing to play along at all with the loose guidelines Aligned was supposed to run with (I.E. right out of the gate, making Dark Energon the blood of Unicron as opposed to a wholly manufactured substance as it is in WFC, Soundwave always having been mute and lithe instead of a giant blocky robot in the flashbacks), Hasbro fired back by trying to make FOC more in line with Prime (Bumblebee becomes mute, Optimus Prime goes from simply being "Optimus" as he was in WFC, to sometimes being accidentally called "Orion Pax" by the computer shop, to the Nemesis itself having its design based on the Prime version).

Thus, it's not just hinted - it's outright fact that the Nemesis in Aligned continuity is Trypticon, because the whole purpose of the video games was to establish a jumping off point - the follow up series had leniency to be different to an extent, but there were hard facts that all aligned series franchises were expected to follow. Prime made a point of breaking every single one of them - and Trypticon is of particular note on account of the whole "major character is the ship" fact established by not only FOC but Exodius (though in the latter book, Trypticon isn't forced into it and obeys Megatron's command to do so).

Instead, dark energon inexplicably just brings the ship to life with a grudge against the Decepticons. Given how pissed Trypticon would be for being stuck as a spaceship, this itself isn't a problem as while nobody in the episode addresses the ship as Trypticon, they don't call it anything else either so there is room to consider Dark Energon having given Trypticon some self-control again.

But then the stuck up douchebags who made the show actually came out and stated in no uncertain terms that the ship intelligence was not Trypticon. Despite, y'know, the ship being Trypticon in every single piece of preceding lore within Aligned and there being absolutely nothing in the episode to suggest otherwise. Had there been an actual payoff to their claims of the ship being something other than Trypticon, then there wouldn't be much to hate here, except they never revisited it again, rendering the entire episode nothing more than just the show coming up with a faster way to move along its shitty "coordinates" plotline.

Maybe the show creators wanted to nip it in the bud about people thinking Trypticon was actually going to appear in full, but it was still handled super poorly (like the rest of Prime). And the idea that the Nemesis was itself a massive Transformer not only would be an awesome idea to bring in a titanic battle without needing to explain where a giant, city-sized Decepticon came from (because it was right in front of everybody the whole time), but would make a nice counter to the Autobots having had Omega Supreme secretly be the Ark in Animated.

But no, instead of having a titan Decepticon vs. the Autobots/a titan sized Autobot (which wouldn't have been that hard even with all their whining about the CGI budget, all they'd have to do is design the assets for the titans at normal scale, then when they're fighting have the in-use assets of everything around them -scenery, other characters - scaled much smaller), the show wanted to concentrate on its oh-so-special Decepticon R&D Crap. Because even well after it was done airing, Prime still finds ways to make me incomprehensibly disappointed with how much potential was squandered for the most generic "meh" plots ever.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Yeah I remember that design. Pretty meh. Though I guess not having Trypticon at all is better than having him for one episode only to be defeated by the end of it; this is actually exactly what I figured what would happen going into the episode. Which by the way, wouldn’t “The Nemesis Within” have been a better title for the episode? Sounds cooler than Flying Mind at any rate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JaidenRoda

JaidenRoda Crusadercon

Agreed, also I can’t tell if the design gives him wings or if that is just the background.

9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Such an awesome design. Would've loved to have see it in action.

• Like Like x 3
  10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the Dragonzord.

It could do with a toy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CopperPuppet

CopperPuppet Probably a Robot

Honestly from what I can tell of the concept, it looks like a pretty neat take on Trypticon.
    I'm fine with his lack of proper appearance in Prime (Frankly I find the Aligned continuity idea kind of silly, and I hate to say this out loud but I'm happy Prime tried its best to be its own thing instead), but it's also a shame he didn't show up, if nothing else for the fact we didn't get any toy release of this one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I find this to be really interesting, since I got around to the first and second halves of Machinima’s Titan Wars, the last couple nights.

The bot mode looks a lot like Megatronus after he’s spat out by Trypticon at the end of the TW ONA.

That’s got me wondering if the above concept was recycled, perhaps.

Also, I do find the lizard design underwhelming, but I’m not sure Trypticon is based on a Tyranosaurus Rex or if it’s based on Kaiju like Godzilla and Gamera, and so on and so forth.

13. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because the Nemesis from TF: Prime is NOT WfC Trypticon. FoC/WfC <-> TF: Prime/RiD2015 are not related. Aligned continuity family - Transformers Wiki (scroll down to "Clashing Visions").

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

So the people who made Prime were complete idiots, that part we've gotten, but that doesn't change the fact Prime is officially supposed to be related to FOC. It doesn't goddamn matter what those morons say, Hasbro is the final word.

15. CopperPuppet

CopperPuppet Probably a Robot

I don't think the ones who made Prime are the idiots here, in fact they get my respect for doing what they felt was best do regardless of what Hasbro wanted, I think that's actually kind of commendable. Especially since Prime ended up being what I consider the best series in the franchise regardless.

In my opinion the idiots here, are the ones at Hasbro for continuing on with the Aligned Continuity the way they did despite the issues.
    It could have been easy for them to try and say, retcon things into no longer being part of the Aligned Continuity while making new stories that would better for into the story. Instead they seemed to have decided on making these things part of the Aligned, and when things didn't work out they just put a bandage over it and pretended there are no issues.

I don't think the writers or Prime should be put down for not wanting to follow what Hasbro was setting up, ESPECIALLY when they're not the only ones who have done this, and it seems not everyone involved with making stories for the Aligned Continuity were even aware of the lore.

The way I see it, higher up at Hasbro are the idiots for some apparent communication issues.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot That moment when you realize I'm someone's mom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wasn't Megatron's ship Trypticon?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you read that except all all? You're right, Hasbro's word is law. The part you're missing is that Hasbro DID say they are no more. The people referenced in Clashing Visions at one point did work, or still DO work for Hasbro - As of 2015 FoC/WfC & TF: Prime/RiD2015 stopped being related and they even admit that this caused a lot of confusion to fans globally, and I quote: " ... were supposed to fit into what had been a tightly plotted universe." That some of you keep refusing to accept this is all on those that still insist that. But your denial doesn't stop it from being official.