Transformers Prime Toys On Show at SDCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 21, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

If you liked Beast Wars or Beast Machines even a little bit watch TF Prime.
    I'd recommend you go checkout any of the 1st two episodes Airachnia is in.

I can't offer any comparison for an TF : Animated Fan as I initially decided to watch that show on DVD and then it never came out in my country so I never saw it (But I was not a huge fan of the look of the show so I've not really pursued it yet).

But the thing with Prime is that even if you don't like the style of the character (sort of Movie mashed up with Animated) it's just quite funny with some good voice work and OK action scenes in most episodes - the backgrounds can be a bit plain and it does repeat them a lot.

But if the episodes is in the dark you don't notice that and I find those episodes I immerse more in them due to that.

Anyway I don't normally give a flying squirrel man about Transformers Media but Prime is a good cartoon in it's own right regardless of Transformers - which is also the reason I do like Beast Wars.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Can't wait! These all look fantastic.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Then what will you call them, Sexy altmode decepticon army builders? lol

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To each their own I recon. Guess I just wasn't that partial to Eradicon and jumped at the BM homage.

I'm not seeing the confusion. From what I gather they were going to use Eradicon, then changed their minds and have been using Vehicon ever since. It's not like they're going to have one name on the package and the other in show. Beyond that, I got completely lost.

5. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see Ratchet.

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Voyager Prime is looking nice!!! Bulkhead looks cool, but I'm not into him enough to pay full price for him. Cliffjumper is a maybe. I really like the look of Vehicon's car mode, but does anyone else think he looks a bit small? I'll probably get two or three of them regardless.

I wish they had put the Wave 1 Deluxes out with them so we could see how they stack up. I can't wait to see these guys on shelves!

:drool: :drool: :drool: 

7. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliff' and Vehicon look alot better, glad to see Cliff' has the arm cannons and the Vehicon's gun works as an arm cannon. Prime and Bulkhead still look amazing. Really hyped up for this line! :D 

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh gosh, there's normal Cliffjumper looking terrific, and the Vehicon looks even better in these photo shots than in the press shots! Prime and Bulkhead looks terrific as well, and the packaging is simply beautiful!

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I had a bit of anger after I misread your terrific as terrible, lol.

10. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

I thought that no TV-show based toys could ever trump animated. I was wrong.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The only one I'm iffy on is Voyager Optimus, and that's because if a Leader shows up I want the best version.

Bulkhead is amazing. It would be great if somebody could put him next to the original Animated Bulkhead Voyager, simply so we can see how short the original was in comparison to the new one. It would be uber-win if that Miko figure from the dvd-multi-pack can get crammed into his chest like she did in that one scene from I THINK Darkness Rising part 3(?)

Cliffjumper is a certain purchase. Alt. mode is absolutely flawless and the robot mode is pure win. Love the built-in hand cannons and the headsculpt is ace. Not too hot on the undead version, but since the original "living" one comes out first I'm not complaining.

The Vehicon/Eradicon is not a question of getting him or not. The question is how MANY of him I can realistically get. I'll be happy enough with one, but I seriously think I'll need to buy at least three to be really happy, and I doubt I'll stop there.

12. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Every thing looks great but I hope Prime has actual hands not just the weapons.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized I use word a lot, I probably have to try to be more creative in my vocabulary. :D 

Rest assured, I am highly excited about Transformers Prime toys!

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I want almost everything...probably not going to get the Deluxe two pack if a Voyager Megatron is made, and I doubt I'll get Zombie Cliffjumper. And I'm iffy on Bee and most of the smaller scale figures. Otherwise, it all looks fantastic and like stuff I want :) 

15. prime292

Ebay:
    Looking closely at the wrist of prime I see no hand...that would really suck. Bah

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was looking at the photos and I think there looks like some of those toys might have issues which could lead to fragility such as Knockout's arms seems attached to a very thin part of his torso and upper body - they'd have been better putting more mass of the car into his torso he looks so thin in the upper body he might flex or crack or break and I can't see anything other than good luck on an individual basis leading to decent shoulder on that I forsee that mould having Quality Control problems.

I despise Starscream's lopsided weapons - even if they did give him something a bit like that when he was rescuing Knockdown from Mech.

Incidently isn't it a bit odd that there's know sign of Project Chimera or whatever that hybrid of Knockdown & Optimus designs gets called.

Hopefully Airachnid and Knockdown and a Voyager Megatron are in the works for a later wave. I hope Hasbro don't forget to make an Aerial Eradicon either (I'd understand if they didn't bother with the mining vehicle type though). I think we'd need Starscream to have something to play with. assuming he does not get killed off to quick in a misguided attempt to introduce a "Ghost Starscream".

But it's possible if Megatron becomes Galvatron in season 2 then they might never even bother making a Voyager Prime Megatron toy.

Prime Soundwave looks Passable. Not sure about the head likeness though. He's also someone I can see them killing off just to give them an excuse to bring back later in another body.

Wheeljack's toy looks decent. The swords on the car mode are a bit eccentric though.

I hope they are planning to make a Ratchet Deluxe (and If Ratchet is the ones they kill off I will write and complain to the Hub and Hasbro - "FACT" even if he does die heroically or in a mirror of the Marvel Comic Ratchet plot.

Anyway a couple of slightly iffy design choices aside they look better realised toys than the Movie ones often are. here's hopping they don't make any silly design errors like in Voyager Ironhides Chest (that requires a masters degree in Transformation principles to get to work properly).

P.s.

I forgot to mention Prime.... The lack of paint on the hubs and the pale grey plastic both sucks - but design wise he's pretty good. and he's streets ahead of the marginally idiotic DOTM Voyager Prime.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It looks like so far, all I really want out of this line is Bulkhead and Cy-verse Ironhide. Maybe Cliff if he's not hard to find.

Not all that impressed with anything else, other then Optimus. But it's TFP Optimus, and well...You know. Why bother.

That'd be fairly silly if the figure had no hands.

18. Shining Blitz

Shining Blitz Well-Known Member

To all those concerned about Optimus' hands:
    The weapons can't be incorporated into the vehicle mode without at least detaching and reattaching. Therefore, his weapons come off - so why wouldn't HasTak give him hands to hold them? Also, Prime has to have hands. If he did not, it would be stupid.

19. prime292

Ebay:
    Right? Every photo has him with the weapons. I can see the hand hiding on bulk heads forearm but I am having a hard time locating it on Prime. Hope Im just bugging.

20. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are hands. Check out the official pics: Each weapon is on the opposite side, which means they're interchangeable. Also, the pics of him in the display case in vehicle mode have no weapons attached, which means they're detachable, which probably means he has hands to attach them to :)