Transformers Prime Toyline Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is anyone else completely nuts about the apparent quality and screen accuracy of the Prime toys?

Is anyone also completely stunned that we ended up seeing more Prime toys than DOTM toys at SDCC this year?

I find them all to be pretty immaculate and plan on going mold complete for the line.

So, yeah, frolic and comment on how much you dig the Prime Line. Even though only a handful of people have some samples of the toys in hand.

2. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    Yeah I love them so much. Can't wait for Knock Out, Skyquake, and hopefully Ratchet (didn't see pics of him but I think he was announced at BotCon).

3. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have to admit they're pretty amazing. Was hoping for a little more out of CJ though. Very happy about the Voyagers Hasbro has decided to develop for the line.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They look amazing. Only ones so far that I'm skipping on are Zombie Cliff(regular is superior,don't care for battle damage),Voyager Screamer(He's not even that big in the show anyway,I'm fine with the deluxe) and the entertainment pack(just full of meh) Other than that,they are fantastic!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If it wasn't for less than a handful of figures, I would only have eyes for TFP's figures (well, Transformers-wise anyways). I don't think I've been this pumped for a Transformers toy-line....ever.

The vast majority of the line is on my to-get list. I'm, for the time being, on the fence on the Cyberverse stuff, and there's a handfull or so of stuff I know I'll be skipping (the Entertainment pack, Deluxe Starscream, and the Terrocon version of Cliffjumper).

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'm surprised that people haven't been talking about Soundwave more.

7. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I actually haven't decided which Cliffjumper I want. I'm kinda leaning toward the Terrorcon one though.

Eh, I'll decide on him after I see final pics. Looks cool though, but just too similar to Starscream.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Once again, Hasbro has outdone themselves.

9. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I want them all!

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go nuts on this line. A kick ass TV series with what appears to be a kick ass toy line, WIN.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I need Soundwave now. Right. Now.
    That Laserbeak is incorporated SO well. I'm just worried that so much design-work went into him that he'll end up being undersized, similar to Battle Blades Optimus.

12. trizeo

trizeo Well-Known Member

WOW! Appreciated they are! They look FUNTASTIC! I really like where they've gone with the look... very sleek in both modes! Imma nab all of them so far... with the exception of deluxe SS, gonna go with the voyager! The voyagers of Prime & Bulkhead are DEAD ON! I also LOVE the fact the CJ is his own! I think for that very reason he is my fav so far. I hope to see Ratchet though... kinda weird how Wheeljack is shown before Ratchet eh.... & we get legions of them as well! BONUS!

13. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

The main cast of autobots so far looks great. As does Soundwave, Dlx Starscream, the Vehicon, Wheeljack, Knockout, Skyquake, and Cliffjumper. I'm really disappointed that they're showing us Skyquake before they're showing us Megatron or Breakdown. Also, why do so many people seem to like voyager Starscream better? He looks like he will be way out of scale in robot mode.

14. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am so very happy about them...shed a bit of a tear when I finally saw Voyager Optimus Prime last night.

15. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I swear, Prime is gonna be the death of me. It's been such a fantastic show so far that I feel that I must own all of them.

So far, of the toys we've seen my want list is as follows:

Buying on Sight:
    Prime
    Deluxe Starscream
    Wheeljack
    Knockout
    Skyquake
    Eradicons(Buying at least 3 of these, I'd want six max though)
    Bulkhead
    Soundwave
    Megatron

Slightly want:
    Arcee
    Voyager Starscream

Buying with sale:
    Bumlebee
    Normal Cliffjumper
    Zombie Cliffjumper

16. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really excited about the Prime toy line. It looks great to me and I plan on trying to be a completist with it. Plans change but I want to grab at least one of every character if I can't get 1 of every figure. Preferably ones of the proper size so they all look in scale.

Really nice looking toyline. DAMN!

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Same here. This line looks like it'll be similar to Animated, where most of the toys that come out are actual in-show characters, making it much easier to go completist on. Every toy shown so far I know I will buy (unless something financially horrible happens).

Though, sadly, Botcon put an end to my Animated completism...

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good golly miss molly. I yearn for those figures. I must own them.

So here's a question. How much bigger is a Voyager than a Deluxe. I'm not in love with Prime Megatron as much as I am with WFC Megatron. So I'm thinking I'll just stick with that one. But I am very tempted by that Voyage Prime Optimus and haven't ever owned a Voyager sized figure. If I were to get that Optimus would he tower of Megatron or would it be just a nominal height advantage?

Back to the figures themselves, holy crap. Still don't love the backpack on the vehicon but can live with it I think. The Wheeljack figure is buy 2 on sight. I MUST turn him into a custom character. It is law somewhere.

19. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The new Prime figures are great! Very accurately captures the on-screen look and the show's aesthetic.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was very reluctant to get sucked into collecting Prime. But just LOOK at them!