"Transformers Prime" >>> The Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That's okay. He was the only one with any depth in the films, so it all balances out.

2. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I feel like you guys are cherrypicking here. How many TF series have we had so far?? Do you still not know who op, bumblebee, and ratchet are? REALLY? Do you want to know what ironhide's favorite ice cream flavor is?

3. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I didn't know Transformers ate ice cream. I thought they were incapable of eating human food. Our food would make them as sick as their energon and metal smoothies would make us.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I am not picky about Transformers.

5. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  This post wins the thread! And to answer your question, we've had eighteen, and that includes all of the Japan exclusive series like Headmasters and Victory. And who is this "Optimus Prime" that you speak of?

No but seriously, this guy is right. All characters are adapted in similar ways in every series they're in, not exactly the same but similar. Sometimes you have the odd exception but that's that. I'm never picky about Transformers, if I like a series or a toy line, then great! If I don't then who cares.
    Obviously there's going to be more plot and character development in a cartoon then there is in a movie, a cartoon has more time to develop. A movie, in most cases, has about two and a half hours to try and get everything done. Cartoons have several seasons in most cases. I mean, Prime is supposed to have around twenty six episodes in the first season alone, of course there's going to be more plot development! The mini series alone is as long as one of the movies, give or take a few minutes.

I have no doubt in my mind that it's . . . ROCKY ROAD!

6. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I wouldn't compare a big budget live action film to a cartoon.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Entertainment can be such a strange business. Somehow the cartoon aimed at kids ends up being more mature and intelligent than the movies. The cartoon aimed at the next generation of fans somehow seems more fan friendly than the movies that were aimed to please everyone. The cartoons get across this feeling that only the heroic Autobots can stop the evil Decepticons while the films have that feeling of guest staring the overly focused on the mission Autobots to take out the one Decepticon the human military can't kill themselves. Or that feeling that it's only in the cartoon that the Decepticons stand a chance.

I know there was this blame Orci and Kurtzman for everything wrong. But as producers they have came up with story and characters in their TV shows that are far better than the sad excuse for story and characters we've seen in far too many films lately. Perhaps there is far more wrong with Hollywood films than just the writers because even without a strike this year movies were pretty horrible with a few exceptions.

8. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just thinking that TFP seemed more mature than the BAY movies, I also agree with the rest quoted above.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A-greed.

I love the movies, but Prime is like 5 times better at giving all the robots interesting an engaging characters. It feels like what the movies should have been.

10. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I think it's more along the lines of comparing a movie to a tv show. The dynamics of both don't really lend themselves to comparison.

11. Ash from Carolina

Even though I wasn't happy with the films I felt like the films had so much potential to be something really epic that would stand out in film history. The studio was willing to pump in a big budget, the director put lots of energy into making the films, ILM attempted to top their other work. But it just seems like when the film was on to something really interesting or epic the film would back off from making that leap to go back to a fairly generic summer action film.

I know we aren't that many episodes into Transformers Prime yet but it seems like the creative team is willing to take leaps into places you might not expect out of an American cartoon.

12. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    my thoughts exactly

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well, that's due to how TV writing goes. Typically, the writers all get together and talk about the ideas for plot. This is overseen by the show runners. They will figure out the basic structure for the story, the important points, characters and so on.

Once they have that worked out, the assignments are passed out. They might assign it based on who came up with what ideas or who's style would work best with the content. These are the ones who get the credit as they actually write the script.

After that, they all get back together and read through the scripts, making notes and tweaking things. After that, a lot of shows have a table read, which is where they sit down with the regular actors and reherse the script. If any last issues come up, they deal with it then.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    People have been doing it since 2007.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I prefer this over both Bay films.

In fact, this series makes the films look worse and it shows that it wasn't the writers that caused a lot of script problems.

16. Ash from Carolina

And that's just with Transformers.

People compared the American Godzilla film to the cartoon series of the movie. People compared the Men in Black cartoon series to the movies. People compare Star Wars the Clone Wars to the movies. Yet for some reason you have people say that somehow you can't compare cartoons to movies.

17. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ooo~ Interesting info.

18. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i think i've said this before but we transformers fans are very lucky to have such a great franchise. at first i wasn't sure about tfp but once i watch it i was hooked. also tfp is great but not better than the movies.

19. Ash from Carolina

I think it comes down to what you are looking for out of Transformers series. I'm more of a character and story sort of person so that means Transformers Prime has a serious edge over the movies.