"Transformers Prime" >>> The Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

The more I look at "Transformers Prime", the more and more I dislike the movies. I still can't believe that a cartoon show, made for kids no less, had in 40 minutes more plot and character development than the first 2 TF movies pulled off in approximately 5 hours. I mean why? Just why?

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Wrong section, and while it's probably not your intention, I feel this will begin to set off Bay fans. It is impressive that Prime is able to do all this in a few episodes, particularly when it was written by Orci and Kurtzman, who also wrote the first two films. They really proved themselves here.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Individual episodes aren't written by Orci & Kurtzman. I believe they are supervising. (Still, I guess it shows that they can deliver when in control :) )

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to set off the Bay fans. I'm just rather shocked that a kids cartoon did a better job at character and plot development than the live-action movies did. The live-action movies were suppose to be made for older teens and adults. One would think the movies would have to have more plot and character development as a result.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the writer or writers of "Darkness Rising"? The last I checked, it was stated that the writer was "To Be Announced".

6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Part 1: Duane Capizzi
    Part 2: Nicole Dubuc
    Part 3: Marsha Griffin
    Part 4: Steven Melching
    Part 5: Joseph Kuhr

(source: TFWiki)

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm a bay fan. Enjoyed the movies, and I still think Prime did a hellova job making those robots into characters you care about. At the end of the day, I love having something to go watch at the theater and something to come home to.

8. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    You seem to like insulting stuff don't you?

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Optimus certainly didn't have more development in Prime. He was the blandest character in it.

10. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Thanks. Great continuity and cooperation among the writers because the way the episodes were written, I assumed one writer did the whole miniseries.

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well he didn't have much more or less development in TFP than he had in the movies. TFP still focussed way more on more TFs than the movies. Just look at Arcee. In TF2 she was given just what...a horrible robot mode, a couple to a few lines, and a quick death sentence? In TFP, they made her an incredible character. Same with Ratchet who got practically no development in the movies. Comb's Ratchet is just amazing. If Elita One is introduced, I can just imagine her character with as much development as Arcee got. I wasn't too crazy about her Peggy Sue persona in G1. Of course, they will probabely make her act a lot like Prime which is fine with me IF they give him more character development which I am sure TFP will do over time. I just hope they don't make her a heartless bitch like she was in TFA though she had a reason for becoming one. TFA's Elita One was just not Elita One to me. Elita One needs to be more compassionate and heroic like Prime.

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Before looking up the names, I'd assumed the same given how cohesive the finished product was story-wise.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

It's true it's true. The smurfs had better character development than Bayformers. Machine wars had better bot designs and showgirls had better scripting than bayformers.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I so totally agree.....but let's face it. You can cram only so much into a 2 hour movie. Cartoons can expand so much more with numerous seasons.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    QFT. I like the movies just fine, but I agree that this was done better. Still, as a fan of the concept of the TF multiverse, it's a win-win.

And heeeere we go.....

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

see there spunky I presented my thought in a confrontational manner and I am sure it's going to make some people unhappy this is a prime example. (hah made a pun) of what I was trying to say earlier.

I was just kidding on the first two parts of what I said to illustrate my point.. But.. I forever will say showgirls had better scripting :p  not budging on that one:lol 

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Well, TF: Prime has more time for character developmet. Nobody wants to sit 2 hours of plot development. Anyways, these were the pilot episodes, which is to introduce the characters, personalities and plots.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Exactly. Well put on both accounts. They both do adequate (or in my opinion, AWESOME) jobs at two different mediums portraying two different (to some extent) things. :) 

19. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

QFT! Ok, I realize alot of people like Bayformers and that's fine with me. I can understand the joy of having both a movie and a show to look forward to. But it seems like the majority of TF fans at least prefer the new animated series over the movies. Even my friend, who's not a big TF fan, and doesn't know that much about Transformers, preferred the new cartoon over the movies. And she just watched the first two episodes of TFP. After just seeing two episodes, she thought it had more plot and character development then the movies.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

the stink of it all was i meant beast machines. Machine wars bot modes were just fine.