Transformers Prime: The Game CONFIRMED

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by banjoted, Mar 15, 2012.

1. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just had word that Activision is going to be publishing a TF Prime game. More details shortly...

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't we see cover art from Toyfair a few weeks ago?

3. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ACTIVISION AND HASBRO TEAM UP TO CREATE
    TRANSFORMERS PRIME™ VIDEO GAME BASED ON THE HIT TELEVISION SERIES

New Action Brawler Game Planned to Launch this Year Exclusively on Nintendo Platforms

Santa Monica, CA - March 15, 2012- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI), is bringing the ultimate TRANSFORMERS video game experience to kids of all ages with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME video game. Based on the hit animated television show produced by Hasbro Studios and currently airing on The Hub television network in the U.S., the game lets fans play as their favorite AUTOBOT characters and embark on an action-packed adventure to save the earth from the evil MEGATRON and his new secret weapon. Players step into the roles of OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, ARCEE, AUTOBOT RATCHET, BULKHEAD and more as they explore unique vistas all around the world with brawler-style combat and diverse driving sequences. Along the way, gamers cultivate friendships with Jack, Miko and Raf - the human characters from the show - as Team Prime sets out to protect mankind and eliminate the DECEPTICONS once and for all.

"Hasbro Studios has done a phenomenal job with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME television show," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. "We are collaborating closely with the series creators to capture all the adventure, humor and friendships from the show to create an authentic action experience for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages to enjoy."

"Hasbro is thrilled to be working with Activision again on an exciting new TRANSFORMERS video game," said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Digital Media and Marketing at Hasbro. "The TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series has resonated strongly with kids and fans and we're looking forward to delivering this new way to experience the adventure."

TRANSFORMERS PRIME will hit stores later this year and is being developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system by Now Production (NowPro), and for the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system by Altron Corporation. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information and exclusive updates, fans can visit TRANSFORMERS PRIME - THE GAME.

About Hasbro
    Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro's multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is Watch Full Episodes | Play Games for Kids | Join Club Hub | Hub TV Network Online | Hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Come see how we inspire play through our brands at Hasbro Toys, Games, Action Figures and More.... © 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.
    Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, Activision.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements:Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

###

HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2012 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.Game © 2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

4. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huge wall of text and you lost me at

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huge wall of text and you lost me at

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Not surprising, considering their 'one TF game a year' thing.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would rather have a stand-alone game made for Wii and 3DS than have they try to do crappy ports of WFC like happened last time. Good to see that's how they will roll.

THOUGH THAT DOESN'T FORGIVE THE LACK OF PC FoC!

9. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im excited i just hope they dont go the DOTM route am ditch transformation between robot and vehicle because that would suck

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Brawler? Hmm I wonder if it will be similar to the old TMNT arcade games?

11. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the trailer was in the DVD set too

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Exclusive to Wii and DS...sounds like it'll be a must own game. :rolleyes2 

14. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Nothing for the PS3? Cool...now I save money.

Besides, the PS3 will have Fall of Cybertron, so at least I will have that. Nice job Hasbro. I'm beginning to think that they hate money for some reason.

15. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    They must really be aiming for the kid demographic being Nintendo-only. After the short lived Wii phase, most adults I know sold it off for a real game console. I don't think I'll be buying this because I don't want to borrow my nephew's Wii or DS just to play.