Transformers: Prime Starscream To Reprise His G1 Personality

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, May 20, 2010.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I took that as a sarcastic remark...

2. Sslaxx

Sslaxx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Perhaps it was, but I decided to respond to it in a (blackly) humorous fashion.

3. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'm like this. I want to see Megatron and Starscream working togehter while fighting among themselves done right. Wouldn't mind seeing Kenny or Adler coming back. Mark Hamill and Scott McNeil would be other possibilites.

4. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

All nice choices (As long as Charles doesn't do that deep grumbly thing). I think Daniel Ross should be given a chance and a look too. He does Starscream awesome in the Scramble City dubs.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Because ALIEN robots have to look HUMAN. (Cookie if you get the irony).

I like where this show is going and if ends up pissing more people because of the designs, it´s gonna be awsome.

6. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope he doesn't die.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

But if they are aliens and we've never seen any aliens then how can any of us know what aliens should look like? It's just as logical to say they might look like humans as it would be to say they look like insects, fish, or birds.

It's been a staple of sci fi stories to say some ancient race seeded the universe with humanoid creatures so why is such a leap to say some ancient unknown race influenced the Transformers to take up a humanoid appearance.

For an intelligent species we aren't such a horrible design. Forward facing eyes to judge distance, standing up right to see around, hands to manipulate objects. Plus since we all have the same basic design you don't have to build unique goods because everyone's hands, legs, and other parts all work the same. The variety of robot forms in the movies actually seem less logical from an evolutionary point of view.

8. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

Man, they should get Dr Smoov from those awesome shorts to do Starscream. That guy is the shit! He sounds exactly like him (him being the G1 character)!

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's an excellent point.

While some find the insect-like faces more realistically alien, what's the use of that if the characters can't emote?

In the context of the movies they don't really have to emote all that much, but for an episodic cartoon, it's vital.

Things like the chickenlegs, I'm not fond of them, though as a flying character, they would make for softer landings from a functional point of view. But again, as a character, it makes for weird body language. It doesn't easily lend itself to a cocky strut.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Moviescream doesn't really have a lot to smirk about. If Megatron catches him grinning about his latest failure, he's liable to rip his head off.

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    That's more of an Optimus thing :p 

I really dont' see anything worthwhile in the remark to begin with.

Starscream will be like his G1 self, so what? He really hasn't had a vastly different personality outside of the last third of the Armada series. Or Energon where he had NO character at all.

Right now, I think there is a lot of "conclusion jumping" and just because his personality will be like G1 doesn't mean his design will be.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
  13. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm... don't know what to think about his voice... could be good I guess.

jD001