Transformers: Prime Speculation Thead

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Torque, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well, we've heard the title of the show so far, and im sure that some of us are already speculating what we'll get from it, though so far i havent seen a thread dedicated to the new show. So, what do you think we're gonna get?

We know that its gonna be CGI, and chances are TF: Prime is the working title. I'm half expecting it'll be about how Optimus became Prime.

What do you think?

2. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    well we do have a game that has optimus gaining fame...isnt the game a prequel to the show?

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Elite Guard Academy era?

4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I think. But, sometimes I have a feeling that a Movie Based Show has a possibility too. Most likely that "Transformers : Prime" will be the Sequel to the WFC game. Only time can tell. (and Hasbro :D )

5. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

An Optimus Prime origin series? Like Smallville?

6. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I do hope there's one episode that has Ratchet calmly reanimating a bunch of dead Transformers, much to the horror of everyone else. :lol 

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to go out on a ledge and say.... this is whats going to happen

1. A small team of Autobots looking for energy stumble upon earth
    2. The Decepticons follow them...
    3. Their young leader Optimus Prime shows promise and beats up Decepticons easily
    4. Megatron and the Decepticons lose
    5. Prime wins and hauls everyone to jail
    :thumbs2: 

It would be great to have one series in which the Decepticons win....

Oh and I hope this new series recasts the guy that did Blitzwing for TF Animated! love that guys voice.... "I WILL CRUSH THE AUTOBOTS INTO SHEET METAL"

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Well, chances are that they'll start up in the exact spot where the game left off. It may have some sort of time lapse have taken place, or the first episode could be in the aftermath of the final battle of the game. We may be blown away by the first episode and have an epic battle already in progress even, it's hard to say for sure. I figure they'll avoid the primus/unicron thing considering it's been done to death in the previous decade. Not to say that they will go away from it altogether, but that they simply shouldn't focus on it as they had. They may include some sort of interaction from the Quintessons and whatnot in a capacity. That would be kinda nice to see them updated (with FIVE faces this time).

Hopefully the upcoming power core combiner series is a taste of things to expect from the new series, in that we'll see some combiners make an appearance. Something besides the "Big Three" would be nice. Something BESIDES Devastator, Superion, and Bruticus for a change. For instance, it would be a wonderful opportunity to revisit a few combiners that we haven't seen in many years, while introducing some new ones as well. You know, mix things up a bit. Perhaps bring in the cybertronian Build Team, or Trains (raiden/rail racer). Seeing as how Trypticon is a beast former still, that means that beast modes aren't off limits even for pre-earth cybertronian forms. Maybe we have hope of seeing Sky Lynx, Predaking, Magnaboss, Tripredacus, etc..? New continuity afterall, new rules, new ballgame.

Also, if they wanted to they could venture into some less visited territory like micromasters and citybots. Trypticon and Omega Supreme are a good start in that general direction, but just imagine the play value of a citybot playset with modern asthetic, articulation, and detail. We may even see Fortress Maximus, Metroplex, or Grandus? Iacon even sounds like a citybot name, they could make it a bot mode too, just for giggles.

Whatever they end up doing, I'm sure we'll be pleased.

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    funny, when I read that aloud (really, lol) with his accent, it sounded like I said Sh*t metal instead of Sheet metal.

10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Like I said, most definitely a sequel to the game.

But, we can't forget the IDW tie-in comics; Transformers : Defiance. It also talked about how Optimus received the "Prime" status. I do really wish that Hasbro would turn the Movie Tie-In Comics into Cartoons. Here's to Hoping. :) 

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have seen nothing that ties the upcoming series in to either the Game or Movies. id not mind the game as linked to the show too much but i want to move away from the bayformers for a while.

that said I don't have near enough information to speculate on

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, seriously, i'm having a bromance with that guys voice HAHAHA. His voice is easily in my top 5 of all time TF voices.

Its funny how I loved G1 growing up but most of their voices are not as interesting compared to the later series.

Call me names if you wish but when I think Megatron.. I don't think of Frank Welker, I think of David Kaye... yyyyyyeeeeeessssssss.......

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think "Prime" could have 2 meanings here. Optimus Prime, of course, but some of the reports I've been reading give me the feeling that Hasbro intends to use this new series as the foundation for TFs to come for a good long time. Maybe "Prime" refers to the prime or original TF universe like Spock Prime in the new Trek movie or Turtles Prime in the big TMNT crossover.

14. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Or Superman Prime and Earth Prime from pre-crisis DC.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    was it ever sad the game was linked to the show?

16. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Official TF Prime Discussion Thread

Obviously most of these have been or will be posted in the News Thread first but I created this so we have one place where we can add all the news relating to the show to keep everyone from having to search from thread to thread for stuff. This is also a place where we can discuss such news and anything related to the new show.

The following is what has been reported so far (feel free to add anything whenever new stuff comes along)

It will debut October 10th the same day of the launch as well as the debut of the new GI Joe Renegades cartoon on the new hasbro channel, The Hub.

Michael Bell so far is not cast in the TF show but is in the Joe show as Duke's father.

Pictures of the logo and Bumblbee have surfaced which makes it look like this will be in the Movie universe.

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  18. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and now I also Think of Corey Burton which makes me think of all my favorites as a kid...
    actually all my favorites as a kid were Micheal Bell then Burton...
    but I Digress.. hopefully Bell and Burton both get roles in this even if they are small cause where would transformers be without them?

kind of sad that all Bell got in GIjoe was a cameo as Duke's dad...

on that same coin... I am excited about this crazy scientisty type actor they have lined up for ratchet...

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Other than the date, that they want good writing, and a few of the people involved with the project we don't know all that much.

After seeing what Hasbro has planned for GI Joe Renegades my gut feeling is that Transformers Prime will not be movie based. Just seems strange if GI Joe got a fresh start in the cartoons by not being tied to the movies or anything else but Transformers Prime would require you to have seen the movies. Plus there is changing so many things about the movie universe to make it fit a cartoon series. Or how it's kind of questionable if crowds will be back in such numbers for Transformers 3 so why risk having your cartoon too closely linked to the movies if the third film isn't as big.

Oh and I really hope they other idea that GI Joe Renegades is using of having fan favorite characters show up even if they aren't part of the main cast like Snow Job if it's a mission in the snow. I enjoyed Animated, but some times the show just felt too small when not enough of the bots from Transformers past weren't showing up. With any luck this new show can give more of that big universe feel.

20. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty common sense this wouldn't be set in the movieverse. It may be heavily based on it but it won't be in the same continuity that's for sure. I'm kinda hoping it kind of has a Justice League Unlimited feel with alot of bots in the background and such but not necessarily being needed for the plot. But since it's CGI that would most likely be too expensive