Minor/Repaint: Transformers Prime "Show-Accurate" Megatron!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CTCustomz, Aug 28, 2012.

1. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Click to view the W.I.P

Dang, I sure do know how to turn a weekend project into a 5 month grievance! Anyway, today, or rather tonight, I bring to you a long overdue figure that I put a lot of time into and shed blood, sweat, and tears for. (literally) Still, I'm glad at the way it turned out and proud to call it my first custom!

Back in late March, a friend and I had looked around and saw amazing customs that guys such as frenzy_rumble, Zildjian, & SonOfNemesis had done and we thought to ourselves, "Wow, it's amazing how they do that! We should try it!" So we did, but we wanted something simple and easy to do for our 1st project. Since pretty much everyone who has ever heard of Transformers customized, in some way or another, a Transformers Prime: Powerizer Megatron, so why not us! Our jobs were for him to fund it while I do the work and then split the profit 50/50 but he dropped out halfway through, which left poor ole' me to do everything. That is a big reason why it took so long but mostly because I am so busy with school and work, but I was going to make damn sure that Megatron would at least get finished after all I had done already.

Now that you have heard the long and boring story about how this guy happened, I'm glad to finally present the almighty Megatron!

NOTE: MEGATRON IS NON-TRANSFORMABLE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This figure was completely disassembled and washed thoroughly in warm, soapy water. Then a base coat of Bright Silver was applied and once dried it was painted Flat Grey and Deep Pearlescent Purple where needed. A Red LED was added to the head with the sacrifice of transformation. The arm cannon was painted Deep Pearlescent Purple with Bright Silver with a added Purple LED and the sword was just Bright Silver. Decepticon symbols from Reprolabels were added for robot mode and alt. mode. To finish it off, a nice coat of Krylon Gloss Clear Coat was applied to the figure and weapons to ensure that Megatron will look he best for many years to come!

All paints used were Testors brand Acrylic & Enamel paints and they were applied via Airbrush.

Megatron will be on eBay this Sunday 10/7.

Thanks for looking and your C&C will be much appreciated!!!​

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Looks very clean, really nice! Awesome work man!

3. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

I love what u have dun with the wepons, on ur first few post of him he had a led in his head are u still going to do that or not? Looks grate

4. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks alot! :)  Glad to see such a great customizer likes my work!

Thanks! :)  Nah, the head LED was just too hard for me so nope. I know it detracts alot from the figures look but I just couldn't do it because I'm still a amateur at LED work. I doubt that I'll be able to wire up Optimus's head LED but we'll see later.

5. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

Best of luck to u :) 

6. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks man! :) 

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Awesome!

8. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Very nice, I like the paint job.

9. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! :) 

Thanks, I did my best on it! :) 

10. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Well, I got good news and bad news! Good news is I added a LED in his head, bad news is he is now non-transformable. I know it sounds bad but this figure is better off displayed in robot mode.

The LED set-up in his head looks like a 3 year old kid did it. I used a Red LED, 2 metal wires, a battery, and tape. It's horrible, but since this figure was already painted and I had already spent a shitload of time and money on it, I said "F**K IT!" So, here is a new pic of his head with the LED.

[​IMG]

(Still crappy pics, the photographer isn't going to be at the race tomorrow so I might not ever be able to get high quality pics.)

I decided to go ahead and sell him separately from Optimus. He will be on eBay this Sunday, 10/7, around 7-8 P.M., EST.

11. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Just finished the new pics and they were added to the first post! I'm starting to post him on ebay, so he will be up shortly!

12. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Just put him up on Ebay at $0.99 with no reserve! Bid away! :) 

13. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Love the LED in the head. Very nice work.

14. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! I used a battery that had just enough power to light it so it wouldn't be super bright.

15. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Just relisted him because of a problem with payment! Back at $0.99, hoping to at least get $50.00 so I'll break even!

16. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

great job man .

17. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

its not until its in close up that i can see the silver clearly. i think that it looks a bit close to the original colors which to me throws it off a little. However, your LED work and mods on the cannon and his eyes is without a doubt fabulous. Plus, your paintjob clearly came out super clean and smooth which is a win. Props man i hope it sells good for you. Especially with the nice mods.

18. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks!

Yea, the pictures in no way do it justice. The clear coat I used made it shiny but somehow dulled the silver color. The later WIP pics shows off the colors destinctly but they just do not look as good as these new photos I took. Thanks so much for the nice words man! :) 

19. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Since I just remembered that it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I've decided to donate 10% of the sale to Susan G. Komen for the Cure! This will be in honor of my racing friend David Sell, who's wife, Mischa Sell, died early this year from breast cancer.

20. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    That was fast! A huge thanks to marcus123ivesrd18amark for buying Megatron for $75.00!