Transformers Prime - shared continuity with War for Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Optimal_Prime, May 18, 2010.

1. Optimal_Prime

Optimal_Prime A Prime's Descendant

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't actually post in TFW2005 this whole time but I needed to ask. Anyway I went to TFwiki.net and it stated that War for Cybertron is in continuity with Prime, but to be honest I find that hard to believe, considering that both Bumblebees bare no resemblance to each other besides the color. So is it true? Are they in continuity with each other?

2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well Mate, This is a Rumor but this shouldn't be here.

Let me clarify... Transformers: Prime (Or I call it TFP) might be given the "First Year Treatment". The show will focus on the early years of "The Great Battle", before Optimus became "Prime". I am yet to receive more info whether Transformers: Prime is based on War For Cybertron OR Transformers: Defiance by IDW. The info I have clearly point towards Transformers: Defiance. But, there were rumors back then about the show being set in WFC. Don't misunderstand. Consider the Historical facts as Flashbacks. An entire show about Flashbacks. You get what I mean. The perfect example for Transformers: Prime plot is the new G.I. Joe series. Like I said; "The Year One Treatment". I'll tell more as soon as I get the confirmation. :) 

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro reps at Toy Fair apparently told folks who asked that War for Cybertron, the Exodus novel, and TF: Prime were all the same continuity.

The wiki has decided to believe them unless/until something proves that wrong.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    But the Developers (Digitalscape) says otherwise. According to them, this is a Prequel to the Movieverse. Even shroobmaster believes so :

Only Time Can Tell. We will know for sure this June at the BOTCON. There was a demonstration for G.I. Joe: Renegades at the JoeCon. It's only fitting that we will get a Transformers: Prime demonstration at the BOTCON 2010.
    :) 

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The true answer is definately "Only Time will Tell."

I will say that what Hasbro wants definately trumps what the developers think when they are making it. In that they could plan it to be a direct Movie prequel when making TF:p rime and if Hasbro says at some later point: "No, it's part of this G1 based universe instead and we're tying it to this G1 game" then that's how they release and market it and thats, that. So until we see what we see I understand the wiki giving Hasbro's say on the mater the most weight.

The two design styles do seem rather at odds in that WfC and Exodus are clearly very G1 inspired and what we've seen of Prime (though little) has been very movie inspired. But well, who knows? By July we should have a MUCH clearer idea.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Where did they say this? That doesn't sound right.

Because Michael Bell auditioned for the role of General Fowler (apparently a human) on TF Prime. How can a movie prequel series have a human character?

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    If the series is told in flashbacks it can..every episode could begin and end in the present..maybe Prime tells stories to the human military?

8. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Exactly :)  Like "Tales Of The Fallen".

9. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    They don't have to say it to you ;) 
    I got that bit of info beforehand, Natalie.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Oh that would be lame. Why don't they just call it "Transformers Story Time Adventures" and instead of shockwave having a laser arm he could have a puppet of a chipmunk named charlie that loves to sing and tell jokes*sarcasm*

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hasbro has said they were using WFC as a jump off point for future series. High Moon is kind of doing their own thing with WFC, while another company is doing their own thing with TFP. The two are linked to G1 and Movie alike, but they are probably going to be considered, for the most part, as G1 continuity until something comes up. TFP and WFC have sort of similar designs, but TFP is clearly more influenced by the movies, since the movies are Hasbro's little money printer for now.

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I just don't see TFP being based on WFC. Mostly because Orci and Kurtzman are involved, and them boys are movieverse icons. I can't see them working on High Moon's material. Not that I think it really takes away from either iteration, but I think it will be movieverse based with some "simplifications" of the character design. The story points will likely fit in with the movieverse, but have significantly more character development with the bots.

13. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Yeah, but don't forget, they also both hate a lot of what bay did to the movieverse. I think they'd jump at the chance for a fresh start.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt this will be in the movieverse, it be way too difficult to find a for it to in the continuity. It may be in a universe highly similar to the movieverse bit it won't actually be in the movieverse. It'll be it's own continuity, that's pretty much a guarantee.

I don't really like the sounds of this being a Year One type show since we're kinda getting that already with WFC

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is my theory, yes. I've thought from the beginning that WFC is the prequel to TF: Prime.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'd watch it... seriously.

17. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Wait, I thought Transformers Prime was going to be movieverse based. Isn't there something coming out movieverse based? Well in any case, WFC is a prequel to something. That something just hasn't been explicitly revealed yet.