Transformers Prime Series Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Mar 8, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This is basically a thread about how much you like the Prime series and what you love most about it. I wanted to make this because after all the almost constant negative opinons and views on Prime right now I want to make something positive about the show for a change. If you're like me and getting a little tired and annoyed about the almost criticisms and hate for the show is almost appearing more often then love for the show then you can just talk how much you love Prime and talk about why you like it so much.

What I love about Prime is that it basically took what I loved about the movies and Animated in terms of story,characters and designs and made them into something VERY fun and unique for me.:)  I adore the asthetic,the story is intresting if a little slow and the characters range from great like Arcee,Jack,Starscream,Soundwave,Airachnid and Ratchet,to good like Bulkhead,Breakdown,Megatron,and Silas,to okay like Optimus,Bumblebee,and Raf. So in all I'm a big fan of the show and I place it in my all time favourite TF shows alongside with Beast Wars and Animated!:D 

Which is why I get a little annoyed about the current crticsims and rants about the show and they even go as far as being on par with Energon! Look I know that Prime isn't perfect but Beast Wars and Animated weren't perfect either and if those two shows were able to improve in time then so can Prime.

Anyway if there's still people out there who still love Prime despite the current complaints and episode then feel free to talk about how good it is. I wish there are still fans.....If there's already a thread about this let me know.

One last thing,would anyone mind not to post critisicms or rants or hate on the show? If it's small then that's okay but if you're going to make afull complaint do it somewhere else. This thread is for people who still love Prime.

2. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

The lizard sucks

3. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The Lizard: (Growls angerly) Wanna say that again in front of my face?!?!

Joking aside we need to stay on topic.

4. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the show, one of the reasons why I signed up for the boards. Sure, I can recognise the faults and inconsistencies of the show, just like there were faults and inconsistencies in BW, G1, Animated etc etc. But at the end of the day, I think it brings alot of the Transformer story together, and introduces it to a new generation remarkably well without being overbearing.

The thing I like most about the show? It's simplicity. Being a G1 fan, I can't stress enough how shitty I got when they threw in 40 new characters over the space of 3 episodes. Madness. Sure, the show is probably at a point now where they can introduce more permanent characters, especially on the Autobot side, but I think they did very well with the group size and dynamic that they chose from the start.

Also, I love how they updated the bots to the 21st century. Seriously, Soundwave as a UAV Drone/Spyplane? Sheer genius if you ask me. Helps keep the franchise fresh and relevant :) 

Again, people will always have their gripes with it...but at the end of the day, I still enjoy it immensely :) 

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Question: Why have an appreciation thread for Prime if a discussion forum exists Allready? Most people who'd post in the forum like Prime, so what's the point?

Anyway, Prime is... eh for me right now. Wrapping up Orion in 3 episodes was a dick move, as well as lack of screentime for Bee, Rachet, or Optimus. The overuse of sound pisses me off, and the recurring things in every episode are getting old. (Oh, how I'll never tire of seeing the Autobots drive out of a GB, transform, and start wildly shooting!)

So it's not setting well with me. I still like it, but Hopefully Dreadwing makes me like the series more as we progress into Operation: Bumblebee.

6. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this really needed?

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I'll play nice and only post what I like about TFP...

- Cullen & Welker together again as Prime & Megatron is the biggest thing that made me give this show a chance

- Character & voice wise, this is possibly my favorite incarnation of Megatron since G1

- Starscream's character & voice blew me away much more than I ever expected - some of the best voice acting I have heard in a long time

- I dig the overall design & coloring of Ratchet

- I dig the design of Bulkhead... especially his First Edition figure

- Love the look & design of Wheeljack, particularly in toy form

- Love the insane attention to detail of the animation (reflections, lighting, nuances, etc)

Everything else I'd have to say in a positive way has an obligatory "but..." attached to it, so I'll just leave it there.

8. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I Love This Show! I love the writing, the CGI, the characters. Optimus and Bee are adorable, Bulkhead is lovable, Arcee is a badass femme, and Ratchet is grouchy but wise. The humans are great. I love them all in all their kookiness. Raf is adorable.

Megs is a stone cold killer and I love it, Screamy is a sneaky bastard, Knockout is a smartass, Soundwave is a baws, Airachnid is a psycho biatch, and not sure what I can say about Breakdown.

:) 

EDIT: EVERYONE BUT MIKO ;) 

9. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Either she's being paid to say that or she's on some heavy drugs.. no one in their right mind could ever like miko.

10. Chromia217

You got me. I'm really getting a big fat check from Hasbro to say Miko is cool.

I apologize. I should have said everyone BUT Miko. She drives me to want to pull my hair out she is so freakin dumb.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I like Miko. While I find some of her antics very cringeworthy, I also like her seemingly boundless energy and her absolute wonder at being in the presence of real robots from outer space. She's at heart a very sweet girl, she just has a hard head that probably only a very serious lesson will get through.

12. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I love Prime, I won't let the ending to one episode sour my opinion of the rest, nor colour my expectations of future episodes until I actually see what happens.

13. Chromia217

I respect your point of view. You're looking at her in a positive light. That's a good way to observe her. I definitely hope she does grow up soon.

14. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I do consider Prime to be the best current cartoon on television. Trying to think of what cartoon could possibly make that claim:

It's been about 13 or 14 years since The Simpsons was considered, at least by me, to be the best cartoon on television. Family Guy has been past its Prime (pun intended) for a few years now. South Park has never really been consistent enough for me to consider it the best cartoon on television. Phineas And Ferb is a great cartoon, but I've gotten kinda bored with it the last year or two.

Young Justice might be good someday if the bad guys ever decide to do anything other than "see the light". While the current Thundercats cartoon isn't bad, I actually prefer the original to the current version. Star Wars: The Clone Wars could be a really great cartoon if the stories were the least bit interesting.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a pretty good show

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I do too, but honestly, I'm not holding my breath :) 

17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ I second, I'm not crazy about Miko, I know sometimes she means well but I want to be positive about Miko, maybe in the 3rd season she'll be better. ^^

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I just figured that after all the complaints it's been getting lately I figured we needed a thread that's positive about it for a change that's all. It's not a crime.

19. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Things I like about the show: EVERYTHING!(except the kids)

I luv Arcee, & Optimus. I like Bumblebee, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Megatron, Starscream, Knockout, etc.

The story IMO is excellent, the personalities are great & the aesthetic of the whole show is Awesome! It mixes G1 designs & Movieverse designs together perfectly. I cant think of enough good words to describe my love for this show!:D 

TRANSFORMERS PRIME!:rock 

20. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I actually don't mind miko.