Minor/Repaint: Transformers Prime RiD Arcee Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Arashistorm, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A while back Cheetimus Prime had shown his 'action master' Arcee and it inspired me to try with my spare RiD Arcee. It involved removing her backpack, the bike seat, fixing the wheels on her leg and back and using the wings from the cyberverse version, but I tried a few more things:

[​IMG][/IMG]

So, I removed her backpack with a cutter and cut off the bike seat. In hindsight, I probably should have kept more of the seat on her back, since on the show, she has a longer...loincloth like thing in the back. I was also going to shave down her back, but as far as I know, the gas tank is hollow, so it wouldn't be able to make a flat surface for a more accurate back:

[​IMG][/IMG]

The cyberverse wings were an awesome touch via Cheetimus' idea and while not completely accurate (arcee's wings have 2 parts on the show, not three), the decrease in size really helps the look. The next step I took was removing the wheels and the 'chain' part of the motorcycle from the back of her leg and replacing them with the cyberverse wheels. Arcee's wheels are small on her legs in the show and this gives the figure more knee articulation:

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Looking back at episodes like "Partners", I tried to paint up the blade a bit. I think part of the blade should have been darker, but that's for another time:

[​IMG]

I applied a lot of coats to her since I never anticipated the dried result would look so different. Anyways, she came out kind of dark, like the Takara FE Arcee, but I like it...perhaps another time I'll go for a light, show accurate color...

[​IMG]

Added reprolabels to her wings, had to deal with them being red since blue ones might be hard to see and painting something that small would be ridiculous.

HIYA! Sorry for the bad lightning!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This was my first 'custom', so perhaps there will be improvement in the future. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

... mebbe try to upload direct to this site?... I tried Photobucket before too, but it sorta just text links everything...

3. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did you copy and paste their IMG code link? That's what I do and haven't had any problems.

4. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

U do her justice! :thumb 

5. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    thanks, i tried that originally and it was the first thing giving me problems, but I got it to work!

Thanks! This worked--didn't noticed the option to just copy and paste that before--thanks a bunch!

Thank you for the compliment!

6. Molina00

Ebay:
    No problem at all. I'm glad it worked for you. Now that I can see her I really like the shade of blue, nice and shiny too, and the paint details on her blades. Good job. :thumb 
    Very nice for a first custom. I just finished my first one, Bumblebee, a little while ago too. Arcee is going to be coming up at some point for me.

7. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    yeah, the paint gave it a real shininess i didnt expect, but it worked out in the end. like i said though, if I apply less paint, maybe she'll come out a bit more like the show colors AND be shiny, which would be amazing =D. Looking forward for your Arcee! I would customize a bee, but i already own 2 x FE ones and the RiD one is...i dunno, maybe if he was on discount id get him just to custom

8. Molina00

Ebay:
    The PRiD Bee may not look like much to begin with, but a good paint coat of paint does wonders for him. If you have the FE it's probably not necessary though, unless you just wanted to paint a Bee.

Just curious but did you use something to seal her after painting?

9. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    yeah, i'd only get the RiD bee to paint lol, but have to wait for him to be on clearance or something in stores to do that...not gonna pay the 15-19$ for him =P.

No, just used Model Master's True Pearl Blue and applied it. The paint comes out smooth and shiny, no sealing.

10. Molina00

Ebay:
    BBTS has Bee on clearance for $6. If you have any upcoming orders with them you could throw in a Bee or two. Btw, I think sealing is supposed to make the paint more chip/scratch resistant so that might be something to consider.

11. Onibaku_Rave

Onibaku_Rave Circle of Light Spiritualist

Ebay:
    Haha, I'm doing the same mods for my Arcee! Good job!

12. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Thanks =D.

I'm still thinking of how to do more to her. I know she has half/ 1/4th of a wheel sticking out of her back in the show, but not sure if killing another legion is worth it just for that. Also, since i gav eher the smaller wheels in her legs, I was wondering if I should add curved pieces like, right near the back of her knee, kind of like she has in the show--but not sure what to use for that (perhaps the tire part of the original wheels that came on the figure?)