Transformers Prime "revealers"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Jan 18, 2012.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    whats your thougt on the name "revealers" for the new deluxe name. I honestly think it makes it sound like a bumper-battler. It just sounds really really plushy to me...

and another thing, are the 1st edition molds the only chance we get to get them? (if someone could post pictures it would be great) the cliffjumper "revealer" looks alright but...the 1st edition one looks alot better. like ALOT better and they arent showing up ANYWHERE in the states!

does anyone think that the new revelears toys look too kiddy to be full-on deluxes? I mean they look kinda like they might be aimed at a younger audience than the regular deluxes are aimed at.

What do you guys think?
    Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Revealers Bumblebee Unveiled

(scroll to the comment section of the website the links at to see Cliff)

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I am dissapointed they don't come with little trench coats they can open up.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    What's the difference with the original mold? I can't see it.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Revealers" is a bit of an odd name for the Deluxe size class, but I don't think it's much weirder than "Voyagers" for the old Mega size or "Scouts" for the old Basic size. After awhile, we'll just get used to it.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm still calling them "deluxes"

6. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Revealers, seriously Hasbro? Sounds kinda vulgar. :rolleyes: 

7. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Revealers sounds more like Stealth Force than deluxes.

8. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ill jus call them mine when nd if i buy them : )

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    pointless if you ask me

but are the first edition figures one of a kinds now? or are they still gonna get released at stores like Walmart? cause id much rather have the orignal mold of BB and CJ than the "revealer" ones

10. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see some. Shoulder armor, the arms are different, the windows no longer have part of the roof on hinges, the hinged piece below the head seems different to me as well... seems shorter too but that may be the angle or mis-transformation.

11. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    I am in total agreement!

My 11 year old nephew and I agree that this name change for the deluxes is really, really, REALLY stupid.

It just sounds wrong!

I might just send them a letter or make a petition on the boards, something!

Anyway, on to the new figure. Something about it seems off, I like the two guns, the colors seem fine but I'll wait on that till I see an in hand pic of him.

The shoulders on the First Edition, I have gotten used to, and I like the engineering of them. But on the new one, the shoulders seem way too low, the pads are way to big, but the shoulders have normal rotation not slanted like on the First Edition. But I do really enjoy the articulation on the First Edition.

The "Revealer" BB does not seem very show accurate, because of the dark feet and weapons, they are more of a silver in the show. The chest seems to be really wide as compared to the First Edition BB, and there is no Autobot symbol, but I don't remember if he had one on his chest in the show. And the appears to be a red crest on his head?

Hey Hasbro, I think that belongs to Starscream!

Anyway......

All in all, it seems like a decent figure for kids to have fun with, but for us collectors, stick with the First Edition BB or the New York Comic-Con version.

12. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After lookin at the pix, happy to say the 1st editions mold is better then these "revealer" molds nd its a good thing i picked up the 1st editions

13. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, reading this reminds me how strange I think it is that a lot of people think the 1st Cliffjumper looks better, and that the new Bumblebee is better than the first.

The new name is sort of strange. It reminds me of the kind used during the Unicron trilogy.

14. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator

News Credits:
    Let me be the first to guess that the basics will be renamed to INTRO's... Yea Revealer's... Stupied name

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It makes sense in a way to get rid or the term "Deluxe" since most see the size-class as the base point. Nothing really "deluxe" about it when it's the starting point.

Not digging "Revealers" though. It doesn't say anything. We already know they're Transformers. Saying "Transformers Revealers" is a bit redundant.

Personally, I would prefer they stick with terms that actually imply size.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    still waiting to see a properly transformed bumblebee there. that pic is terrible :p 

revealers tho? meh. still just deluxe to me. i think it sounds lame but they can call it whatever they want as long as the toys are still cool

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Poweriser makes sense if it's used to denote a light up toy and old Voyagers that do not light up retain the Voyager name.

revealer is a weak name and I blame retailer apathy for the name change it's a way to slide it past the retailers.

Perhaps the Trilogy line will retain the Deluxe name and Prime will use Revealer to make them even easier to tell them apart it might make it easier for some when you have multiple Soundwaves (Trilogy & Prime) on the shelf at the same time.

I hope they keep Deluxe for the FOC / generations subline too

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    So seibertron got new images today...two images we've seen since Botcon or Comic Con?

Was there any "revealers" shown on Wheeljack's card, though?

19. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind the name change if it actually made sense. Revealers? Reveal what?

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think very many people even bothered using the names Max-con, Super-Con, & Giga-con that much... it was not a very helpful name term they had there for Armada anyway as Minicon was a faction and a size. and it was confusing as heck when they later on released toys that were not minicons in a way that said Minicon (size) on them as a sales description which happened with some Micromaster & legends toys. not to mention it was a bit silly to have the smaller size of Super-con so similar sounding to the bigger size of Super or Supreme.

If they do it just for Prime or retailer commisioning purposes then I do not see a problem.

It's just like they call ROTF Movie 2 and DOTM Movie 3 for sales purposes... but it says neither on the actual toys only on the cases. It might say Revealer on the cases and Deluxes on the cards still.

We should know Friday/Saturday one way or the other.