"Transformers Prime" Reproduction

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I just saw the trailer for DOTM where it shows a bot that looks a lot like Optimus. It has been rumored that the bot is Optimus Prime's father.

It seems more and more in the movie verse that Transformers aren't made, but born. So is "Transformers Prime" going to be similar? Would that explain male and female Transformers in TFP? In other words, not to sound to graphic...but do Transformers just f*ck and have babies now? If Optimus was really born in the movie verse in a...mammalian way, I hope he didn't have those ear spikes or sharp protrusions initially because that would really hurt his mom! I wonder what Transformers look like as babies?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

No. Just...No.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Who the hell is saying that? How many times did you have to punch this person for them to be physically able to come up with that?

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Maybe they mean that they think it's Alpha Trion, and he's Prime's father because he built him in G1? No clue. And no, I don't want to see my childhood idols erm, yeah...

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I appreciate that you're running with a completely unsubstantiated rumor as though it were fact, but no. No.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]
    and not to overuse an old cliche but inb4lk

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I don't know. It's just that the DOTM trailer showed that robot that shares many facial features with Optimus. And some random security guard stated the such robot is Prime's dad. Then in ROTF you have Prime stating that Primes are born, not made. Then you have Wheelie, a Transformer, humping Mikaela's leg (cringes). Put all of it together and it sure sounds like Transformers, in the movie verse at least, mate and have babies. I recently read that for the "Prime" continuity, Optimus comes from a "linage". TFP seems to draw heavily from the movie verse. So it makes one wonder.

The whole idea sounds strange to me as well. I'm a romantic and don't mind TF romance but....erm. How would a robot reproduce? I read that TFs are made out of billions of nanites just like we are made out of cells. Does a male TF put his nanites into a female TF and they reproduce over and over again forming a baby robot inside of her? Does a male and a female TF combine their sparks as well producing a new spark in the process?

Why even go this route at least in the movie verse? Why not just have them made in factories like in G1? Could it be that Hasbro feels people won't relate to them as much if they don't reproduce like us? If they aren't able to fall in love with the opposite gender like we do? I read some rumor that Michael Bay felt it made no sense for a race to have males and females unless it was for reproductive purposes.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You don't want to see your childhood idols....happy? Ok, kidding there! It is a strange topic. It's just that given the recent trailer scenes, in conjunction with what was revealed in ROTF, I'm now beginning to wonder.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Transformers don't have sex. The very idea is stupid, and fans who support it should be hurt.

Hasbro will never allow Transformers to have sex, or give birth, because that's retarded.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rule 34...

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Strangely, I suddenly would rather argue continuity again..
    Seperate!! No tie ins!!

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just did a google.

I was impressed.

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whether the Transformers reproduce sexually or by other means doesn't matter to me, just as long as it adds depth to the story. But I much prefer Prime to come from an average background and rising to his current position through hardwork.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

sorry I just don't see it.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That could be taken a lot of ways. the title "father" could be meant figuratively; in that this character was the one who built Optimus Prime.

I don't recall Prime ever saying that.

16. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And now I can't stop laughing because of you, thanks. :lol 

As for Optimus' father, even if it were possible (don't stone me I'm reaching a point!) according to the ROTF novel, his father is one of the thirteen Primes that was killed by the Fallen, so no. I don't think so.

I do however believe it could be Nemisis Prime. (don't laugh, I've been hoping to see him again since RiD (Scourge))

jD001

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

There seems to be a large wave of people reading too much into Transformers lately.

18. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its in the novelization apparently. :

Revenge of the Fallen (novel) - Transformers Wiki

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    "born" likely refers to being a prime from the date of their creation, not something that happened later on in life, like what The Fallen seems to have told Megatron he would do.

Not as a baby robot coming out of another robot.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It seems like Hasbro is allowing it in the Bay universe. Maybe Bay had the final say and Hasbro just had to go along. Or maybe Hasbro doesn't care realizing that as long as their giant robots are capable of beating the crap out of eachother, it doesn't matter how they come to be.

I like TF romance. I really do. But logically, why should TFs have genders and reproduce like humans? Of course, TFs might look at us and ask why we should reproduce like them. They might scratch their heads and wonder why we just don't lay thousands of eggs like insects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.