"Transformers Prime" Rating

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I was looking at the Hub channel's schedule and while TFP episodes were rated Y-7, G1 episodes were rated PG. Is PG a higher and more adult rating than Y-7? Because I thought TFP was a lot more violent than G1.

2. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

didn't make sense to me either

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    TV Parental Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Y-7 means it is more violent than PG.

edit 1; OMG seriously, another Spunky Thread; Spunky what is it with you? :drunk 

edit 2; Oops :redface2:  PG is more Violent than Y-7, But it does call to specal attention the violence that would have gone unnoticed in a PG show.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Funny in Canada it's rated G, well i guess we Canucks are cool with robot violence action.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Oops :redface2:  PG is more Violent than Y-7, But it does call to specal attention the violence that would have gone unnoticed in a PG show.

Y-7 Means it is unsuitable for little Kids from 7 and under

PG - Parental Guidance recommended, it doesn't mean anything it is the 2nd lowest restriction next to G. PG means it doesn't fit G, but it doesn't fit anything else. now yes it does mean kids should not watch TV unless there parents are watching it aswell, but kids wouldn't be watching TV at all in this perfect world. In short G and PG are too common, they mean nothing.

Now ratings in general are BS there is a lot of backroom negotiating on getting the lowest restriction possible, just look at ROTF. I have no Idea how TV rating are created but I know how Movie ratings are done. The MPAA creates anonymous panels and judge the context on personal beliefs. In short you are just putting your trust in others to choose whats acceptable for you and your family.

7. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    back when G1 was made there wasn't a "Y-7" rating there were just ones like G, PG.

If it was re-rated today it would probably be W-7 like prime & vice-versa