Transformers Prime - Optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by chris92010, May 20, 2012.

1. chris92010

chris92010 Active Member

Ebay:
    What realy bugs me is in the toy series they havent given optimus a matrix.....i mean even if they just put it there like on armada prime its better than nothing :( 

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Sadly, there's only so much Hasbro's willing to do with figures nowadays. Budget cuts plus a newfound apathy towards fans over 10 is giving us some really blah figures.

Oh, and this goes in the toys forum. The thread title could be more specific too.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Inb4 move!

4. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

To be fair, the voyagers haven't really had room for it because of how the chests transformer (cheating and non) but the weaponizer had a perfect opportunity for a matrix but lacks one, so I'm predicting a 3rd party thing will make one.

And because the toyline is still relatively new, there's still room for improvement. coughcoughremasteredfirsteditioncoughcough

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    ^ +1 for re-released First Editions.

And this would make it a way better figure I suppose? "So, I just bought RID Optimus Prime. It's a 'meh' figure, the translucent arms bug me and it's a little squished in alt mode; the FE one is way better. But man, that little 1 cm Matrix-shaped hunk of plastic just makes this figure so much better!" is something that I can't see many people actually saying and meaning it. :p 

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Masterpiece Optimus, made for actual adult fans, has the matrix. It's kinda silly to expect stuff like that out of toys where the designers went out of their way to make them simple for little kids after stuff like ROTF line scarring them for life.

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Battle Blades Optimus Prime is a hearty example of how Hasbro can make amazingly incredible figures in wide release. He had barrage cannons that transformed from fuel tanks, energon swords that flipped out, and, to top it all off, a removable Matrix on a transforming stand shaped like the G1 Matrix. Yeah, check your BB Prime again. It's there. I can easily see a Voyager Prime Optimus with two cannons, two blades, and a little recessed matrix. However, that thing only opens up when he's fighting Unicron, and it doesn't even come out.

8. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Does he have the Matrix in TF Prime? Was it that silver and blue thing?

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Did you see the Season finale?