transformers prime optimus=jagga?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Jun 19, 2017.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    has anyone noticed this about transformers prime optimus's character portrayal?

Much like in Generation One, there is an ever-present, dignified sadness in Peter Cullen's performance of Optimus, as if the Great War has affected optimus so deeply that he's always crying deep inside.

Transformers Prime Optimus also comes across as being rather like the wise elderly Thundercat Jagga in his way as well. Also, Prime having failed to prevent Megatron from destroying Cybertron and then sacrificing his life to restore their dead world to life in "Predacons Rising", followed by coming back from the grave as a ghostly mentor to Bumblebee for a time throughout the first season of transformers rid2 . primes character evolution in this regard just strikes me as being entirely natural in its way as though this particular version of optimus primes character could actually be THE transformers character counterpart to jagga in his way(that is to say that either character could quite easily be essentually the same person in either fictional mythological universe for want of a better way to word it , optimus and jagga they jsut seem so much alike in thier way )

i have been wanting to see optimus taken in this direction for years folks

but the fact that transformers prime optimus has a well hidden raging hulk/bursurker wolverine deep inside of him when he REALLY CUTS LOSE IN A FIGHT holy @#$%^&** hell thats scary awesome

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Jaga was pretty much a spirit guide similar to post-mortem Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he never came back to life.

It would have been nice to see Optimus in a similar supporting role, but the fact is he had to be brought back cause of his status.

3. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    no i mean in so far as each being the wise elder among their surviving people, always having that ever present state of sadness about them while grieving and crying on the inside . in that way transformers prime optimus is very much the jagga among his fellow bots

like what if lion-o had never actually aged at all during the jurney to 3rd earth/what if jagga had actually lived to survive the trip to 3rd earth and while there had actually regained a lasting rejuvanation of youth from that geyser of life (it was the episode where tygra found himself in that tunnel of time that rapidly accelerated his age to that of a very elderly old man)(for jagga the waters would restore to him his vitality his stamina and endurance as he was at the peak of his abilities as a fighter,he would still have the expereince of age and the elderly wisdom and knowledge of a elderly man wise beyond his years but he would be restored to his youth in a way, simply put yougn at heart wiht the vitality of youth but the wisdom and experience of old age but still being able to hold his own with the best of them because of his being restored to his youth half way between youth and old age age setting wise

think of what old man bruce wayne was like in batman beyond after he too ka dip in the lazarus pit in the batman beyond season 3 episode out of the past ,

he went from beign a very elderly old man to being restored to a point in age closer to his youth, not quite netirely to his physical prime in peak strength but close enough for him to have the old instincts and relfexes beginning to return to him over time.

in a way optimus went through something very much like that when he died in the early part of transformers prime season 3 but smokescreen used the hammer of solus prime and the matrix to resotere prime back to life at his peak strength AND THEN SOME EVEN.

its like when that happened optimus gained a kind of perma youth as it were when he came back dstrong from being dead at the time

4. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    Maybe, I dunno. I still don't like Aligned Optimus though. It feels like a really OOC depiction; which is mostly due to him being an emotionless doll for the "PRIME IS THIRTEENTH PRIME LITERAL RELIGIOUS ICON" narrative of TFP, which I don't enjoy at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they tried to address that a little when he reverted back to Orion Pax in the post-Unicron story arc. He seemed a little more genuine then. I think the direction they're trying to go even moreso than the stoic living Robo-Jesus angle is the fact that TFP Prime was been waging a war for millions and millions of years. I'm not up to date with RiD2015 as much as I'd like, but I've noticed he's managed a few moments of wit and/or annoyance as they try to give him little more character by weakening him a bit.

Many Primes tend to die a lot and come back in a more superpowered mode, though, because you know.

Toys and stuff.

6. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    I don't see "wit" with him, sadly. He shoots them down immediately, and I just hate how Aligned Optimus is essentially a soulless doll for the Matrix. :/