Transformers Prime Optimus Deluxe or Voyager

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Nov 15, 2011.

?

Which Prime Optimus will you be buying?

1. Deluxe, I want to be in scale with Megatron.

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Voyager, bigger is always better.

68 vote(s)
    73.1%
  3. Both, I'm a compleatist.

21 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Before we even get started with the topic if you haven't seen them yet I recommend you watch these reviews.

Deluxe: SDCC TF: Prime Exclusive - First Edition Optimus Prime!
    Transformers: Prime - Entertainment Pack Deluxe Optimus - YouTube

Voyager: Transformers: Prime - Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME - YouTube

And now that you know what figures I'm talking about lets move on!

I'm actually starting to really like the Prime design but I'm having issues with these two figures.

In other toy lines whenever the same character is made into different size classes there's some significant difference between them either in detailing or transformation that allows for a much more accurate representation with the larger figure. There could be other reasons to want the smaller figure as well but generally the smaller figure is just a cheaper representation.

With that being said Voyager Prime to me doesn't seem like he's worth the upped price scale just because of his size. The Deluxe actually seems to have a few more details and a slightly better transformation. The difference is really small and insignificant so if it was reversed so the Voyager was better it still wouldn't be enough to justify the price. I'm just pointing it out that I like the Deluxe version just a little bit more.

The thing that really bothers me is the fake windshield which is the only part that the voyager did a little bit better but it's still a fake windshield. It bugs me more than other fake windshields because the real one is right behind it. I just think they could of done a better job with that. I can excuse it on the deluxe because it's a smaller figure but there's no reason the Voyager should have the same transformation that covers up his windshield with a windshield.

Now this really isn't a fault of the Voyager itself but someone in the comments on YouTube pointed out that there is no Voyager Megatron so he'd be horribly out of scale if you wanted to display them together. They could make a Voyager Megatron for future waves that we just don't know about yet that would fix this problem but if he's engineered the same way that means we'd still have his head showing in vehicle mode and just like Prime really wouldn't be worth the price of a voyager for just a scaled up Deluxe figure.

Anyway, this is just my own opinion. I'm getting the Deluxe just because I don't think the Voyager is worth the price. Vote in the poll and post your reasons for voting the way you did. There are no right or wrong answers here, just personal preference.

2. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    voyager.. its a hell of a lot more screen accurate. the proportions are a lot better. and the scale is almost perfect.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I didn't even have the poll up yet, damn people post fast around here.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Voyager

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager. The deluxe mold looks like crap plus I find the price for both the SDCC exclusive and the entertainment pack too high.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Voyager is most definitely an improvement over the Deluxe. I'm honestly not seeing how he's not that different than the Deluxe. He's massively different, and much more screen-accurate. As for the false chest windows, I don't have an issue with it. With the odd design he's got, I couldn't imagine them finding a way for the actual truck windows to end-up as his chest windows. The only reason the Cyberverse Prime gets away with it, is because of his vastly simplified design and transformation (which wouldn't work at a larger scale).

As for Voyager Megatron, he's definitely on the way (would be ridiculous to not make a Voyager of him), and I can't imagine he'll lack the visible head in alt-mode, as he even has that in the show.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm going with Voyager since the deluxe version has gorilla arms. It doesn't help that they didn't paint the whole forearm in one color like they did with Optimal Primal's toys.

8. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Leader.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If leader is a possibility, then I want a masterpiece Prime Optimus Prime. These days, there's almost no difference between the MP line and classics, except for the fact that Optimus will have a trailer.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Voyager

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager Prime

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Probably not getting either, but my god the Voyager looks better. Getting Deluxe never even crossed my mind. The fake windows look so awful, the proportions on the Voyager are much more "heroic," and he has a gun and a sword.

Thing is, I normally prefer smaller molds, but... damn, the Voyager is just head and shoulders better than the Deluxe.

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Voyager. I'm going to be getting it just on the off chance they make a Voyager Megatron to go with it. Sure the paper-thin rubber sword is pointless and another gun would've been better, but it isnt enough to be a big downer.

I was going to go with the deluxe, but those gangly arms with the random grey and the huge heels really hurt it.
    That and I don't want to buy the kids and DVD either. If it was just him with Megatron for $20 or so it'd be an easy sell.

14. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I'd say go with the voyager.

I've got the deluxe (SDCC version), and as good as he is, the voyager seems to pull everything off better. Deluxe Prime...Prime has an annoying backpack that looks arkward from certain angles; plus the proportions are a little off.

If you're going for the cheaper option too, then the voyager still wins, because the deluxe is only in the Entertainment Pack or the SDCC release (both of which are more expensive).

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager. I generally like my leader characters to be a little larger than the others, or of comparable size to other characters established as being above-average size. And Megatron is almost certain to get a figure in the Voyager size class (or larger) eventually, which I'm holding out for, rather than getting the entertainment pack.

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Where's the option for wait for Leader Class?

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both, I want the Voyager for an overall better toy but I also want Megatron.

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I preordered the voyager. The deluxe has aesthetic issues. Plus I like things in scale and the voyager truck is closer than a deluxe truck.

On the topic of the transformation being similar, I say if it isn't broken don't fix it. That transformation works and the end result on the voyager is fantastic.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the difference is about 10 bucks. So price isn't really an issue, and if 10 bucks is an issue deciding btwn Voyager and Deluxe, then you should carefully consider getting into this hobby at all.

Things Voyager does better:

1. More screen accurate
    2. More in scale with everyone else
    3. better weapons (he got a sword, too)
    4. Bulky as he should be.
    5. better proportions
    6. better posability.

20. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The Voyager looks better.