Transformers Prime on Amazon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mister Guy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

I have a question about the TF Prime figures... The show hasn't reached my country, which means they aren't importing those toys (I'm not even sure if that will ever happen). I have heard a lot of things of how good the show is, I love the characters design, and watching the video reviews of the toys made want to get them.

I can order them from amazon since I have access to an U.S. P.O. Box (in fact I've been doing that for some of the movie toys that never showed up here). But on Amazon I can only find 5 of them: Starscream, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee and I the comic-con Optimus Prime.

Can anyone explain me why so few characters are available on Amazon? where else could I get them? and also, what's the difference between "First Edition" and "Robot in Disguise" lines. Thanks.

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

The distribution in the US has been very slow. That's why they aren't on Amazon.com yet. They should show up at the same time as they do on other US stores.

The "first edition" line was a limited thing it seems. The "RID" line is the one going forward with the new figures.

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

To be fair- and with all due respect to VM- there is some debate lately as to whether the FE toys will in fact be a one time only thing. As was mentioned in another thread, the slide from Hasbro's Investor Day presentation clearly shows toy aisle photos of Prime toys with both FE and RID product side-by-side. Could this be a situation where someone simply shrunk down FE packaging as a placeholder for the presentation slide, or does this imply FE will also be showing up at retail when RID hits US retail in force? Again, no one appears to be sure just yet. My personal opinion is that the FE toys are one time only and that they will be phased out prior to RID. After all, they are a different scale and do not contain the gimmicks that the RID figures do, so sandwiching them together doesn't really make much sense from a line continuity perspective. I say, get while the getting is good with FE. But please DO NOT take my word for it.

As to your original question; I've done Amazon, BBTS, RK, and even fellow board members to get the available Prime figures, so I empathize with your plight. I really like the aesthetic I've seen thus far and am glad I decided to 'collect them all', as the saying goes. The only figures I'm missing currently are the RID Voyager, Deluxe, and Cyberverse figures that the UK is just now getting.

4. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers, I understand the situation a little better now. I will try to have as many as I can, the only thing now is the time/money constraints... I could have the money to buy them but not in time (I have just checked and Cliffjumper is out of Amazon).

With such a successful show/movies I find it strange how they have handled their toy lines. The Prime line with a slow and unorganized distribution (as far as I can tell), and the DotM/Trilogy line which had been on hiatus for some time now.