Transformers Prime movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by superninjapuppy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we were to get a TFP movie, I say make it a prequel. It can be used to set up the series for those who haven't watched it, and develop backstory for those who have. Have it take place on Cybertron during the War. This time design actual Cybertronian forms for everyone, rather than just Megatron. Let Bumblebee speak for the most of it, before showing how Megatron crushed his voicebox. Give us some more Cliffjumper, with the Rock voicing him. Have the movie end with the Autobots getting ready to leave Cybertron for Earth.

*cough*

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    please don't be live action please don't be live action please don't be live action

I hate live action movies of animated shows. allmyrage.jpg

E.G. The scooby doo movies and the fairly odd parents movie that just aired

3. superninjapuppy

superninjapuppy Pretender

Well the problem with a prequel is, you already know whose going to live and whose going to die. It kind of breaks the moment unless you really get into it and forget about it.

4. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

I think a one hour special, like what Animated did when the 3rd season premiered, would be better. If they did make theatrical movie release I think it would be the series finale.

5. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

Maybe a TV movie but right now I don't think its popular enough to get a theatrical release.

6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I would love a live action TF Prime movie, it would make for a great universe to reboot the film franchise in and the designs should not be that hard to translate into the live action world. Heck they are just movie designs with less of a monstrous look and more of a humanoid appearance to them, not to mention the superior color pallet (No flames:) ).

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love the idea some here having the battle with the Decepticons three years prior to Darkness rising.

Moar Cliffjumper, and they could add in extra charecters....mostly canon fodder.

8. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    What do you mean by "actual" Cybertronian forms compared to what they have now?

9. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

the only real question is how it would get released, on television, in the theatres or strait to dvd?

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they would, they would have to make it clear that the movie would not reflect past movies or as someone metioned make it a sequel.

11. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll probably be the DARKNESS RISING movie or UNICRON movie.

12. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You realize the 86 movie bombed, right?

13. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I hope they do and if they do I hope it will top the live action movies. =]

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt TF Prime will ever get a feature movie. A TV Special AT MOST is what I'd guess. I simply doesn't have the power to get a movie made out of it.

15. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    The fact that this show has already won some frickin' emmys might be a boost for a movie being made.

16. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

It was nominated for five daytime emmys, it only won one of them though, and that was for Animation.

Won for:
    "Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation"

Nominated for:
    "Outstanding Performer In An Animated Program"
    "Outstanding Directing In An Animated Program"
    "Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction And Composition"
    "Outstanding Writing In Animation"

Still, it's good just to be nominated! That means your in the forefront.

17. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    I knew it wasn't the greatest in theaters. Either way, it was a poor joke that I made.

Everybody, bar Megatron, has been in an Earth-mode body regardless of what form they're supposed to be in. Skyquake and Wheeljack had the alt-mode kibble without scanning one, while Arcee and the Vehicons had Earth-modes on Cybertron in the Predatory flashback. Megatron, with his distaste for Earth-modes, did not scan one and thus remains in his Cybertronian body.

18. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    You mean how Cybertronians scan to gain vehicle parts (I don't recall seeing one), or maybe how they already seem to have them before they even scan (Airachnid)? If that's what your refering to, since this is a kid's show, I don't think people, other than the fans, would mind. And I think for this show kids outweigh fans. I'm a tad annoyed by that, too, but I don't think that's a system worth fighting.

19. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Skyquake had jet-kibble even when he was stated to completely lack an alt-mode of any kind, be it Earth or Cybertronian. I'm fine with it in the series, as it's similar to the Limited Wardrope trope, done more so to put focus on the story than what a character looks like. I also understand it as a cost-saving maneuver, IE saving money in the long run by only having one design for a character, instead of two with one almost never being used.

I'm fine with it being done in the series, I'm not complaining about that. What I'm saying is, if they do end up making a Transformers: Prime movie, I'd like to see them take the time to design Cybertronian forms for everybody. Especially if it ends up being a theatrical release, otherwise you're going to have the average movie-goer complaining about how they're in Earth bodies on Cybertron when (should it be a prequel) they shouldn't have taken an Earth form yet.

20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    It is not even that it's the budget, the models are VERY expensive to develop so creating a new model just for a few scenes that most will not even notice is unpractical.