Transformers Prime Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It would be cool if they made an animated movie like TF:TM 86 with alot of new characters and an final battle between Prime and Megatron. What do you guys think?

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

It would be cool but
    1) I doubt it because of the price it would cost.
    2) Do we really need a movie for this universe? I mean it doesn't have that big of a plot (I always wanted a cybertron movie).

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I think it would be great! Kinda how the CGI show Star Wars: The Clone Wars started with a movie and is now a show, but Prime going from a show to ending with or having a movie in the middle (like G1). It could work. Hopefully better than SW:TCW's movie. (show isn't bad)

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Like the 1986 movie? Please no. I'd rather not see characters I have attachment to brutally killed and replaced for new toys in the first ten minutes.

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I disagree. Wheelie and Hot Rod for Prime!

Blatant sarcasm.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

ew no, the 1986 movie was a trainwreck, i dont want to see that happen to TF: Prime

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Theatrical film? No. But if the show has a long enough run, I could see them doing a direct to DVD film.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It would be cool if there was a TF: Prime movie, but... doubtful it will ever happen.

9. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

There already is, it's called "Darkness Rising"

But yeah, I doubt we'd get anything more than a straight to DVD/Bluray movie
    or perhaps another 5 part mini-series for the Last Episode, whereupon the plot is all wrapped up nicely.

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I think all we'll get is another multipart story that could be film length that the 5 parter we got at the start

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see it get a made-for-TV movie at some point. Though to get the ball rolling I would hope that they would wait till at least after the second season to do so. That way we've already got an overall plot established.

It would never happen, but I would even be ok with an attempt at a live-action TFP movie. Kinda like those made-for-TV Ben10 movies.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Darkness Rising was a movie already,

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

What? You mean you guys don't want to see well-developed characters like Arcee, Jack, Knockout, and the others get senselessly killed off?

That's how they did it in GEEWUN so it's obviously the best.

In all seriousness, I don't think a movie is necessary, though I wouldn't really be opposed to one. Whoever mentioned a Cybertron movie (forgot who said it...) gets points, too. That could have really turned out awesome.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed..this would also be a great marketing tool to sell more Season 1, 2 or 3 DVD's as well. Maybe a wrap up movie would be feasible.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    With all the abiguity surrounding the fate of the movie series post DotM (reeboot? sequel? who knows!), I think its actually quite feasable we'll see a movie based on Prime. I can't imagine we'll see another live action movie for at least another 3 years if bay leaves (good in pasta sauces, lol) , and I reckon Hasbro will want to maintain the franchises presence in the meantime. A Tf prime movie would be a logical (and not to mention cost effective) way of doing this.

TF Prime is pretty low key at the moment with the move francise in full swing, but I'll wager it'll be really pushed once the DotM hype begins to die down.

16. DeeKay

DeeKay Minicon

I'd like to see Darkness Rising released as a movie version. Just run the episodes together without the openings and closing credits.

As for a new Prime movie I want to see new non-show characters. Do them as side stories to the series. Something like Wheeljack gathers the Wreckers and takes on a group of Decepticons on Cybertron or another planet. It'd be a great way to expand the Prime universe without bogging down the series with a bunch of characters that get little screen time. Made for tv/dvd movies and miniseries that focus on different groups of Autobots and Decepticons away from Earth.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I'd like to try to edit all of Darkness Rising as a movie without openings or credits. Though some bits would need to be edited out... Maybe.

I'd like to see more multiple parters, though. Not as long as Darkness Rising, but at the most three part episodes. A season finale or even the series finale could last those five episodes.

I wonder, however, how Darkness Rising would fair as a theatrical release, critically and commercially.

18. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I'd like to see one, but it would probably be a direct to T.V. movie and I'd have no problem with that.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Alright think about, Transformers is a REAL hot property right now. The live action films are now ending, your going to tell me Hasbro won't be at ALL intrested in doing this? Imagine how many kids would be screaming to go see this. Also Batman TAS got a theatrical film(how be it, it was planned for a video release but instead was made theatrical) during the time of the Burton reign when the movies were making SERIOUS cash. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is discussing this/thinking about this right now. Through a buissness stand point it would be a no-brainer to do.

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be happy with that. Seems like the way to go.