Transformers : Prime - Movie Killer

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Oct 9, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Do you think Prime is better than the Bayverse ?

Is the opening 5 Parter and the end of the season (and probably into eps into season 2) a better experience for you than DOTM ?

Or is the lead up and excitement of a big movie more for you ?

Me i'm bouncing up and down like a toddler waiting for November or whenever Season 2's opener first shows somewhere on Unicron's Flesh (the Earth).

Where as the disc release of DOTM make me think - nah... I'll get the one with the Extra's perhaps.. not going to buy a featureless disc except as a 2nd hand buy for collectables sake... certain not at a premium.

DOTM is so last year - or rather it feels like the past to me now.. time to step into the future - and the Future is "PRIME".

How about you ?

2. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Way better. Better and more epic story. More character development. Can actually make out what the fuck is going on actionwise which you can't do with a Bay film because of all the annoying shaky cam (though, to Bay's credit, that was reduced in the third film).

3. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

A thousand times better on every level.

4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I agree. I like movies but Prime beats them by a long shot.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Way better than the movies.

6. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I've felt that way since Transformers: Prime debuted last November.

After the show began, I found myself barely even excited at all about any DOTM news or toys or even it's theatrical release. I saw DOTM, absorbed it, blinked, and then went right back to eagerly awaiting the next episode of Prime.

At this point I barely even dwell on the Bay-verse at all.

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I do love the movies, but now that they're over i've pretty much shifted all my attention to Prime....the characters are (imo) easily superior to their movie counterparts (maybe except for Bee)

8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Each have their merits, but as a fan, Prime ticks waaay more boxes.

I loved the big, dumb spectacle of the movies, and the hype was always a lot of fun, but now I'm a little tired of the movie-verse and very much looking to a very rosy, Prime flavoured future. Darkness Rising, a smattering of mid season episodes, and the latest four parter have painted a very positive future indeed for the brand.

But lets not forget, Prime would never have happened had the movies not been a resounding success. If the first movie bombed, I dread to think where the franchise would be now.

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You're right. As much as I hate the movies, without them, there would be no TFPrime.

But why the hell is a kids' show more epic and developed than the live-action movies? It just boggles my mind.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm more excited for Prime because I haven't seen it, however I was far more excited for DOTM. Prime is overall a really boring show. The movies have been near consistently enjoyable and DOTM especially was ten times more fun than Transformers Prime has ever been. TF prime is too safe, rarely deviating from established TF fiction. The movies you never know what's next. But I've seen DOTM several times now, so I can wait for the Blu Ray with extras. Prime is still ongoing, so naturally I'm going to be more actively anticipating it.

11. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

I'm okay with Bay, ut I love Prime WAAAAAY more than I like the live action movies.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

What is your definition of boring?

13. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Really? I thought the movies were beyond predictable. And silly. At least this show explains why only a Prime can kill Unicron. ROTF didn't explain why only a Prime could kill the Fallen. It's not like Optimus had to use the Matrix on the Fallen. He killed him with brute force. If a Prime is the only thing that can kill the Fallen, and Megatron killed a Prime, then, by logic, Megatron can kill the Fallen. So why didn't Megatron realize this and stop bowing down to that anthropomorphic cockroach? The movies have so many plotholes and inconsistencies it's amazing. TFP is not perfect, but it's far more consistent and better plotted.

Plus TFP has humor that really is funny instead of the immature gratuitous sexual slapstick of the movies.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Continuing.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope.avi

17. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Eh, Prime certainly has substance, but it's often lacking the style. Sometimes, it even feels like they just dump a heaping pile of gray, ungarnished substance and just go, "Here. It's in there."

For all the things the movies weren't strong in, it certainly had the style nailed down.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look problem is, I loved TF1, I loved TF1 HARD.

But ROTF killed all the inoccence and wonder and feeling that TF1 gave, which made DOTM nothing but a loud loud loud head banging movie with good soundtrack for me.

I like Prime better than the movies, but it's not because Prime is SO GOOD I can't get excited over other things, what made me stop getting excited over the movies was the movie franchise itself that simply broke itself for me with a terrible second movie and a tiring third.

What I'm trying to say is that the movie franchise is pretty much dead for me and it's their own fault, not something else stealing my attention.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all. Animated would have pushed its way into the world regardless of of the movies box office prowess, but one has to wonder if Animated rode on the movies coat-tails somewhat, prolonging it's tenure. Animated was a bold move at best, and had it failed, Hasbro may have opted to go back to something little safer, a bit less edgy. Something a little more... Cybertronny...

Anyways, if my aunt had bollocks, she'd be my uncle. The movies did make bank, and us fans are reaping the rewards.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

The movies had style? That's why you couldn't tell one bot from the other when they fought under the influence of severe shaky cam? Each bot looked like an over-complicated mesh of metal that was hard to distinguish from the next mesh of metal especially if that mesh was a grey-colored Decepticon?