Transformers Prime Limited Release - Preorders Online

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    wait, am i correct in understanding that they won't be selling Prime toys at all those places? Or does this mean some special collection within the Prime collection?

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Wait, what? So if I want Cliffjumper or Arcee, I have to pay BBTS's scalper price? That sucks.

Can we get some kind of confirmation from Hasbro on this?

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the comment is in reference to FIRST EDITION Transformers: Prime figures.

I'm sure they'll repackage most of these guys as regular releases eventually. It just won't have the FIRST EDITION packaging.

Case in point: Bumblebee's in the next wave, and Cliffjumper's getting a remold, anyway.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Yeah, I'd like to know how widely available these will be. I'm sure they'll be a bit hard to find, but I don't really want to pay BBTS's prices if I can grab them at retail (or at retail cost)

EDIT: When I say these, I mean the First Edition figures.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, the Pime line won't be available at retail stores?

whatthefuckamireading.jpg

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

8. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

uh.. ya. i would like some conformation from hasbro. that would really suck if these wont be sold at Kmart TRU target or wallmart. i don't want to pay BBTS's marked up prices at all. arcee looks good, but not 20 bucks before shipping good.

9. Devil Prime

Devil Prime Well-Known Member

This sounds like BS to me. I'm supposed to believe that Hasbro is going to make the Prime toys unavailable at retail for the Christmas season? And that they're going to wait a full year after the show premiered to get the toys out at mass retail? Nice try BBTS, but I'm not buying it.

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    That's my own guess anyway, given how they all have that fancy FIRST EDITION packaging. Prime toyline proper isn't until next year; this is a preview wave.

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    This doth not bode well, milord. I hopeth bullshit is in play.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i am confused. unless mentioned from hasbro anyone could say what bbts is saying to get sales and charge almost double retail.

if it is the case, thats just shit.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    What...are you F%$@ING kidding me? I would hope TRU stocks them, but this close to Christmas, I was really hoping to avoid going to a TRU... I really hope that Prime and Bulkhead get repacked in the main line, and that the First Edition version of Bumblebee at least gets repainted in the main line (he's getting an "improved" mold, but I would still love to own the first one too).

I wonder what this'll mean for the Vehicon and Terrorcon Cliffjumper figures. Last I knew they were wave 2 of the First Edition figures, and it would suck if they were hard to find. The Vehicon will inevitably be hard to find anyways, with people troop-building, not being sold at Walmart, Target, or K-Mart wouldn't help that at-all.

Cliffjumper's is a completely new mold, and Bee's has enough retooling that it's probably considered a new mold too.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Which means if we want the superior preview figure we have to pay through the nose to BigBadToyScalpers.

Goddamn this sucks.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Your guess makes sense, as IMO, it would be a ridiculous business move for them to make.

Eh, perhaps I'll preorder them anyway, just in case.

16. Rodimus Billionaire

Rodimus Billionaire Well-Known Member

I thought these toys were coming out in November?! WTF is Hasbro doing? Transformers: Prime is going to start Season 3. Season 3 my friends and still no toys? I used to play with the Transformers and watch the original shows when they came out. So no Toys till Season 4? What a huge bag of total lamage. Oh, I got a 4th repaint of Dark of the Moon Bubblebee. No thanks. Simply ridiculous.

17. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

...wow.

Guess I'll have to check if my buddy is going to be making any orders through BBTS that I can add on to. I hope they have them at TRU, though; I'd rather brave that wretched hive of scum and villainy than BBTS.

18. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    doesn't mention toy r us as a non-seller. Nice little "deal" they have there with almost double the price. I'll LMAO if the retail version have better paint, I.E a fully silvered Megatron or at least all one color.

19. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ........so was I the only one already under the impression that TRU was the only place getting the First Edition Prime toys? :confused: 

I swear it was mentioned somewhere like NYCC that the First Edition Prime figures would be TRU exclusive. The BBTS memo doesn't mention TRU anyways so it seems like its the only main retail place getting them.

20. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Wait....this can't be real.

Why on earth would Hasbro make a move like that when the TF : Prime toys are highly anticipated, not to mention it's the holiday season, selling them in full retail would get them not only publicity for the show, but make them a ton of money too.

I'm calling BS on this until Hasbro gives us the confirmation. For all we know BBTS is making stuff up so we pay their scalper prices.