Transformers Prime insanity

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Jan 31, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So obviously, with the recent news of the Transformers Prime toys. Things have been a bit hectic.

However, I feel as if people are over-reacting quite a bit. Like, yes some of the information we have been given was a bit on the downside, especially after all this waiting for these toys... however.

First Edition being taken out of the loop is pretty lame, especially with what they are replacing Voyager Prime, and Deluxe Cliffjumper with... Yes, that is a bit of a kick in the crotch... However, it isn't the end of the world.

For the most part though... RID (Which is also just another way of saying Universe for those of you whom are freaking out about the rest of the DOTM toys. For those of you whom have missed out on that obvious tidbit) will be featuring for the most part the same damn'd toys as the FE line, and even then, more. Yes, the lack of the original molds of Prime and Cliffjumper is a bit of a slap in the face. However, we just need to move the fuck on, and get "MOAR TOYS!!!!!" especially seeing as most of the FE toys, are going to be in the RID line...and then some.

Anybody else feel like alot of users are over-reacting over the news?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but none of the claims in your post are based in fact. You want people to be calm because of assumptions you've made? That makes no sense at all

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    All the FE toys are being 'replaced'. Bumblebee hasa new new (rather disappointing) toy. Starscream is getting a Voyager, Arcee is getting a new mold with a huge gun and the Vehicon is getting a new mold too.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People always overreact to what they can't get. Drastic changes in plans are the reason Hasbro doesn't like what to talk about their plans ahead of time. Sh*t happens.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know about overreacting. All I know is that this recent turn of events is amusing, if not outright hilarious.

6. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

This.

7. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think most people are just really baffled by Hasbro at the moment. If they came out and said more on the subject than the generic PR reply that someone posted it would probably help the situation. It just seems really really strange to create molds and then barely use them. Most people just assumed they would become the mainline and just the first few were be temporarily called First Edition. I mean come one CJ has what 3 molds already now and how much screen time has he had in the show? I really hope they clear things up a bit at whatever is the next toy convention.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think overreacting is a fair statement.

1) You've got people accusing Hasbro of purposely letting fans know about a superior line a year ahead of time to only yank it out just because they can.

2) You've got people accusing BBTS of intentionally lying about getting FE's in only to pull a premeditated bait-and-switch.

3) You've got the prices of Bulkhead shooting up to over $100 for the Hasbro version within a few days. I mean, he's shot right up to and past the price of the superior Takara paint.

4) It's almost the cliffjumper debatacle again with people in the US claiming "We ALWAYS get screwed by Hasbro". People should know by now that toys don't show up in Canada and the UK "before" the US. If it shows up in Canada and the UK then the US ain't getting it.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think you are under-reacting to the news because you misunderstood it.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I already have the first three deluxes which are out of scale with the puny RID line. Also, Voyager is too big for SS and Cliff is covered by kibble. BB is less detailed and OP has stupid transparent arms, an under painted chest and a lot of kibble. As for Bulk, we have no word on a RID toy. The only RID toy I like better than the FE is the Vehicon and maybe Arcee but we haven't seen enough of her yet.

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Insane overreaction.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't get how your point.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I can get his point. He's saying the OP is right about people overreacting about the FE line being canceled. He went into detail about it and numbered each detail.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After some things I've read here in recent days, 'over-reaction' feels like an understatement. 'Going downright batshit insane over toys' seems more accurate.

15. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Yeah, the reaction to a bunch of canceled toys is insane. No way to justify that sort of reaction

16. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Ya people were liking that new bulkhead. I mean Optimus of course isn't so good, but at least he gets a toy. Still i do believe there was an over-reaction.

17. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I knew you'd love it. :D 

I know how they feel but I don't think they know how it feels to be the only one left out without MP Grimlock and MP Rodimus. How about not seeing toys in retail constantly. Even worse, its only due to the language restrictions here in Quebec.

Recent toys that never saw Quebec daylight.

- TFA Cybertron Ratchet
    - TFA Ironhide
    - TFA Rodimus
    - TFA Arcee
    - MP Grimlock
    - MP Rodimus

Ohhh I would love to see someone claim that their human rights were violated by Quebec language laws and take to the UN.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The best way to make a fan REALLY want something is to yank it away. There were people whining about wanting those unproduced Titaniums and campaigning for nasty Universe-colored Seacons, after all. :) 

19. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There have been some absolutely shocking displays of overreaction.
    On one hand it's amusing, on the other I'm amazed at how many pricks there are. The forum has become increasingly embarassing to trawl through.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    My anger towards the whole Prime FE debacle is more about the fact that TFsource and BBTS ordered the Voyagers, Cliffjumper and the Entertainment Pack and had preorders up for said items, and Hasbro decides to outright cancel the FE line and not ship the stock that both TFsource and BBTS wanted, meaning many people who had preorders for those items don't get them.

This to me, is the only time that Hasbro has ever really fucked up. With having to cancel Animated and what happened to RTS, that had to do with the retailers not wanting to order the stock from Hasbro. This time, Hasbro purposely withheld stock from two online retailers, BBTS and TFsource, who wanted it and cancelled the line, and by doing so, screwed many people who had preorders for the items.