Transformers Prime Graphic Novel Cover

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 11, 2010.

1. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    First give me HftD, then give me WfC, then give me something from this other than that same Bumblebee image, and I'll be interested.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Certainly goes hand-in-hand with all else being released this year: War for Cybertron, the novel Exodus, the comic, the new toy-line by Hasbro....

...even if Transformers: Prime looks to be based on the live-action movie universe. Nice thumbs up to the G1 Font and design.

3. Soundscream

Soundscream Active Member

Oh dear that's ugly...

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it. I would love to see some other characters though

but I am sure we will get more of a taste at BotCon at least.

5. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Wow...I really, really dislike it; this Bay'esque take on Transformers is a nightmare that just won't go away for this G1 fan.
    ...Ok, maybe it's not that bad, Lol; I'll live. I know a lot of people like these designs and that's cool, but for me, these Bay-inspired insecto-droids just aren't Transformers. Here's hoping this show goes down in a twisted flaming wreck, while TF: WFC soars to great heights, and get's the message across to Hasbro that there just can't be too many design liberties taken to this decades-popular franchise.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

Wow, just wow. And he even got "these aren't Transformers" in there as well.

:lol 

Anyway, Bumblebee looks great, really nice to see him in better quality.
    I really hope Optimus, Ratchet and (if he turns up in the show) Ironhide end up looking alot like their movie versions too.

7. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Have we been told yet where Transformers Prime falls in the general timeline of the transformers universes?
    With bumblebee looking like that (obviously an earthmode, what with the camero headlights) it doesn't look like its a pre earth time.
    So does this mean Optimus has been killed? Hence looking for a new prime.
    Is Prime even a rank in this one?

But on Bumblebees design in this, Its very hard to see how we're going to get anything show accurate in terms of robot mode and vehicle mode from this. but come on hasbro surprise me.
    I'm guessing its going to be next year before we even start to see images of the Prime toys, given that nothing seems to have been shown at this years toy fairs (we would have had the leaked shots by now) and if Hasbro are hopeing to release for christmas 2010 they'll have to be mailshotting retailers about now in order to get anything in stores by then.
    Launching a new animation WITHOUT any toys available is a very bad move, even worse if the entire channel is new and untested

8. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Some think it happens after WfC due to Archer mentioning wanting to make WfC a cornerstone for TF fiction to come, but that doesn't really match with the design and what little we know of the story so far (unless Optimus is indeed dea) and Archer's statement would only be relevant if the creation of TF Prime started after Hasbro became sufficiently interested in WfC.

Simpler and likely answer is it's once again its own continuity, like Animated was.

9. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

So, belittling a differing opinion is how you welcome newcomers to these boards?
    How very socially challenged of ya mate! ;) 

10. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Uh no. That is just business as usual:D . Since you're new, you'll get a handle on TF fandom here eventually and don't take things personally.
    I remember how fun it was here in 2007. and it was like being in the midst of a real TF war.

and for my important thread contribution....

OMGZ! THAT'S NOT BUMBLEBEE!! THESE ARE BAYFORMERS AND SO PLAYKOOL!!! TRANSFORMERS RUINED FOREVER NOW!!!
    :lolol 

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    y'know, joke all you want... one day they will ruin transformers forever, and the 'noob'(ancient G1 fan) will have been right!

12. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in if you're new or not, If you're going to say stuff like that then you will be called out on it.

Stuff like hoping an entire new series that isn't even finished yet will crash and burn purely because of the way one single piece of character artwork looks thus far. Even though said series could actually end up being extremely well written and enjoyable.

It's a horrible attitude, and unfortunately something we have seen many, many times in the past and an attitude that never seems to go away, as our dear Kickback recently said.

13. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

Agree and wish it wasn't remotely movie styled. War for Cybertron seems to be the kind of visual style that works for everyone. Hopefully the next show will adopt a look that is similarly enjoyable and people will be happier.
    I'll give it a shot though. Looking forward to seeing other 'Primes' besides just Optimus. It can't be just me getting burnt out on OP, BB, Megs and SS. C'mon people it's 2010! Sentinel Prime, Rodimus Prime, Star Saber,... give me something I know with an unexpected and awesome twist! And stop focusing solely on the SAME CHARACTERS!

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Yeah, just like they ruined it back in the 90s with Beast wars. Or with the Unicron Trilogy. Or with TF Animated.

Nah, what will happen is what has always happened; something different will come out, and the "ancient G1 fan" will be angry about how it's not true to his childhood transformers.

Seriously, if Transformers survived Armada, then it can survive anything.

15. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Doesn't work for me. I hate Cybertronian vehicle modes. A robot that turns into a random jaggedy vehicle, yeah that's alright. The thing I love about Transformers is that they're robots in disguise! They could be anywhere, amongst us, we could be looking at one right now!

I love the movie style, it's what got me back into collecting what Energon/Armada etc. put me off of.

Agree with you on the short list of characters, however I will say that so far we know nothing about this show apart from what BB looks like, it's very much a case of watch this space. We could yet have all of those and more besides ;) 

16. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's going to be good. funny how the new BB resembles the old' and yet fans bitch

17. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does Prime Bumblebee look like movie Bumblebee scanned a Pontiac (as in "Firebird, not Camaro")?

18. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

Looks like 'Prime' title of the new series confirmed. Slag, it shall give the difficulties to pictures search on DA and other art sites. :(  This mess is not appeared yet, but when the series starts and fanartists will begin to draw its characters, it shall become a big problem. >:[ Especially for people who don't like the new series. Typing 'Transformers -Prime' will cause to reducing all pictures with OP, Rodimus, Sentinel and other Primes from search results. Because without excluding of 'prime' word, the site will give them various pics about the new series, which they don't want to see. It will force this users to search pictures with primes separately, without 'prime' word. For ex., keyphrases 'Transformers Optimus', 'Transformers Rodimus'.