Transformers Prime Graphic Novel Cover

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    If they do make toys for this series, that's gonna be one hell of a cool chest transformation if they want it to be accurate.

(Can't see it myself, I think they're just gonna say that the movie toys double for this series as well)

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm betting that the reason we keep seeing just this one image of Bumblebee is because Hasbro wants to hold off till Botcon to show the rest of the cast.

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind as well. I really hope that doesn't end up being the case though. That would kinda suck.
    If there is a new toy, I'm betting there'll be some slight cheating in the chest design.

3. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I hope this isn't indicative of the animation style they're going with.

4. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
    Great post Captain N. Looking forward to more pics & info.

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Probably is.

That said, I'm digging it, but I'd like to see other characters

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I respect The Font. I also respect The Fonz.

[​IMG]

7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the animation or the movie styling, but maybe they'll pull an animated and make an enjoyable show. And I think my prediction of them using the movie line to double for the show's toys is going to come true.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's Odd how much he looks like a kiddyfied Movie Bumblebee - like Movie Bumblebee might have looked if they'd not gone for the Bionicle look - but for the fully armored look.

His Jonny 5 eyes and pacifier face still make him look like a Robear Burbal though.

I'm guessing that as Bumblebee is the star of the show (initially at least) and he's looking for a hero - who turns out to be Optimus- they are holding back on using Optimus' image for a little while...

But I'm sure that his likeness will leak soon as it's sure to be printed on folders and stationary and other books etc...

They might even put another advert with the character on it in a trade magazine maybe a toy magazine (just prior to the show starting) or a comic magazine or a licensing or TV industry trade publication.

I'm intrieged to see what the others look like and what the cast is though - as I'm still not even 100% certain if that is BB's Earth Mode or not... (it looks rather like a Camero still to me).

If Optimus say looks like Transtech Optimus Prime/Primal's Robot mode with the boots and smooth arm look that might work rather well... I can image that a half way house between Animated Optimus and Movie Optimus might be rather curious looking.. but possibly quite interesting.

I'd also be interested to know if they draw on characters only from the movie universe or from animated and G1 too. and which version the base the character on.

For example if Ratchet was in it would he be White or Green and have a head piece or a Walrus face ?

--------

[P.S.]

At This stage - I'm more interested to see what's to come than I am in the progress of the 3rd Movie )(other than for seeing what the big purple guy looks like).

9. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Wow we get to see the exact same image of Bumblebee again :rolleyes2 , seriously can we get some new artwork. I don't even care if is Bee again just something new, not the same photoshoped image over and over again.

Who wants to bet this will be the only image we see at Botcon. :tumbleweed: 

:2c:  Now I like the design but what make him Bee, It looks like they could switch the head and repaint him 5 o 6 times into other characters.

10. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Hey, it's Bumblebee again.....

Now that the kids love and know him this much, I guess we'll be seeing a lot of Bumblebees in the next years.

Maybe Bumblebee will become a Prime!

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I wonder if 'Bee's mouth-piece moves when he talks?

12. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's not, according to an article a few days back. It's about Bumblebee and the other Autobots finding a new leader.

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Erm... his face has a certain C3PO vibe to it, when I look at it carefully... ^^

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is william Joyce the art director for this show?

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I still dig his design, but it'd be nice to see a TF: Prime character who isn't Bumblebee. Or at least have him in a different pose.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not surprising at all that Bee is the focus of the cover. He's the poster-bot for this new show (much like Prime was for Animated). It's nice to get a closer look at the details of his design. Should be interesting to see what he looks like in alt-mode. Will probably be close to the Camaro design, but I'm hoping it ends up being a more pudgy version of it. Really nice to see the G1 grid background used. Would be pretty cool if they also used it for the toy packaging. Hopefully it's not too long till we see another bots design.

17. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

How could an image of the animation style they're going with not be indicative of the animation style they're going with? All do respect but :gen069: 

18. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

I really don't like the looks of his "mouth". too much space between eyes and chin.

19. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

:D 

20. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Bubmlebee. can't live with ya, can't live with out'ya. STUPID ONE BOT FRANCHISE!