Transformers: Prime GN (spoiler thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nerroth, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi.

Alongside the other Transformers-related releases this week is the pocket-sized 4-parts-in-1 preview book for the upcoming Transformers: Prime.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/11/PrimeGraphicNovel.jpg

Despite having a certain Autobot 'bee (apologies!) on the front cover, the story is really more about two others.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/1f/CliffArcee_ognpreview.jpg

Each of the 4 parts of the story is pencilled by a different artist, giving the book a somewhat different feel (but not overly so) as the story progresses. Still, things move along reasonably well, and offer an interesting glimpse into what is in store when the show eventually airs.

Oh, and I was trying to imagine hearing Mr. Johnson's voice for Rock-Jumper, but I guess it may be easier to do that after the show gets up and running...

So, anyone else pick it up; and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

2. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did pick it up. I actually enjoyed the story and it has me looking forward to Prime. I really hope that the TONE of the book carries into the show.

3. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this today, and after the shock that the actual book was so small compared to a single issue EG Ongoing 12 which i also got, i loved the story.

A great prequel to the show, Arcee's character is great and should be amazing if its the same in the show. Cliffjumper is a cool character, and i will decide fully on him when i hear The Rock voicing him.
    And if they really get that damaged and arms torn off in the episodes, even better.

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Surprisingly fun book. I really liked the art in the last part, except for the last few pages when Prime arrives. With a new series, there's a lot of potential for new and interesting back story. Looking forward to how Arcee and CJ's relationship develops over the series, although I'm hoping it doesn't fall into the typical love interest kinda deal. Interesting that CJ mentioned Unicron early on, I wonder if/how that aspect of the mythos will play out in the series or if it was just a throw-away line. It will be nice to see these forms fully animated on tv though.