Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 - Darkness Rising Parts 1 and 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Nov 26, 2010.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I was curious as to his range so I checked his profile page at the site I help run (in my sig) and my verdict is that YES almost all of his characters sound alike. Just listen to TF Prime Starscream compared to lets say his Green Goblin voice. Not much range here compared to some, but he does have a cool voice nonetheless.

Check for yourself

Behind The Voice Actors - Steven Jay Blum

2. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I have it on good authority that Michael Bay wanted a Shawn Connery sound for his Starscream so if his influence extends anywhere to the casting for this show, then it's no wonder Starscream doesn't really sound anything at all like Starscream.

PS: I never liked Spike's voice in Cowboy Bepop and that's a big reason I never cared to watch more than 2 episodes of that. Now I will never be able to dis-associate Prime's Starscream with Spike. They the same since you guys mentioned it. I think I will now coin the Starscream in Transformers: Prime as "SpikeScream." The voice, the ugly character design... it FITS!

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    oh, crap, i was saying jeffrey Tambor, whom i think is a different actor all together :p  ~ i meant combs though! :D 

4. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm pretty sure Michael Bay has nothing to do with Prime.

And 'Prime' Starscream doesn't sound like Bay-movie Starscream. He sounds like...

wait for it...

Steve Blum.

5. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

Finally getting around to watching the first 5....they play at odd times on the Hub. You'd think that there would be a bit more airtime considering the show just got going.

I absolutely LOVE Dwayne Johnson as Cliffjumper, it was a cool homage to The Rock by putting bull horns on the car...shame he had to die though :( 

I can't wait for the toyline as well...it should be pretty awesome! The autobots look like a mix of TFA and the Bayverse of TF. I like it!

6. Mockmaster

Mockmaster Well-Known Member

I agree with the decision to off Cliffjumper within minutes. A cool promo building him up as potentially one of the stars of the series, news that The Rock was voicing him, then BAM. Dead by 'Scream within minutes. Sets a nice tone for the series. Short but sweet. I was convinced several times that he would come back, with each subsequent death reducing my belief somewhat. I now suspect that he is gone for good though having been sliced in half and then blown to smithereens.

Overall I give the first two episodes a big thumbs up. Not liking Prime's mouth though. I just can't take him seriously with that mouth. Also, I wish he would be a bit less serious/noble (i.e. Movie Prime) and slightly more John Wayne-esque (i.e. G1 Prime). Welker though, Welker is back in a big way.

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Watching the 1st ep. on Youtube. Pretty awesome.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

finally got around to watching this...my thoughts: not bad.

thought the CGI was gonna be more Armada/Energon/Cybertron...which i hated. But this turned out good.

Bayformers...luckly it wasn't the extreme ones (ie. Starscream and Megatron)

Bumblebee not being able to talk is stupid...hated it in the movies, still hate it in Prime

Mouthy Prime...i just dont like it, keep your mouth piece on.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Starscream sounds like Green Goblin.

But doesn't sound like Barricade nor Shockwave nor Spike nor Guilmon etc. etc. etc.

You guys talk like he only got one voice. He doesn't and if you see him using each voice alot it's probably because voice acting directors find his tone pleasing. Furthermore, I couldn't care less about his past job because his Starscream voice is perfect regardless if he used a similar one for Green Goblin or not.

10. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

Here are my thoughts on this series (I've only seen the first 2 episodes)

1) How the heck can the kid with the glasses inexplicably understand BumbleBee's beeps and whistles after only a few *seconds* of meeting him?

2) Adding in human children always seems like a cop-out to me. It has never made sense with any series - TF's or otherwise. How can younger viewers relate to them? They can't. Viewers want to see robots mutilate each other. Also, this just opens up to the tried-and-tired 'bad guy kidnaps humans to make good guys do things' plots. Plus, how can -humans- help with a technologically and intelligently superior race that is far, far bigger? It would be humans accepting help from rodents. It just doesn't work. This is why Beast Wars was good: no human characters

3) The reactions of the humans when they first meet the Cybertronians just don't seem plausible. Jack is slightly frightened, yet trying to keep his cool, and the younger girl seems implausibly excited. If 30+ foot robots are fighting..wouldn't you run as fast and as far away as you can?.

4) Optimus Prime's mouth - really? really? Metal doesn't move like that. The movie's animation accounts for metal, but in cartoon animation - it's best to keep the mouth plate on.

5) Jack's mother just didn't seem overly concerned about Jack - at all. He comes riding in on a motorcycle that no fast-food job can possibly support, and she's not phased by it. This seems common in so many cartoons like this: The children are out on adventures with intergalactic beings and the parents don't seem to care or notice that their child is gone all the time.

6) The younger kid with the glasses (Raf?) doing tech support for the Autobots? sorry. Even with today's tech-savvy kids, a 10 yr old kid (or less) wouldn't be doing tech support for himself, let alone for a robotic race that has MILLIONS of years more tech experience. Why couldn't Ratchet figure out the problem? He repairs something as complex as a sentient robot, yet a human computer is foreign? Look at the TF movieverse, the Cybertronians could by-pass the strongest government encryption in mere seconds, and Ratchet struggles with it.

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure that'll...probably be explained when the actual series begins in February...

The early humans would like a little word with you...

And this is still a kids show. If you had them as adults the kids would be less inticed(sp?) to watch it.

And the Autobots/Decepticon war is taking place on Earth. The Autobots have to use Earth technology as theirs has been damaged or destroyed. And it's the Military that is keeping the Autobots hidden from the outside world AND from the 'Cons. If they weren't involved, it would be a 'Autobots have to stay hidden for the most of the episode but can transform for five minutes like the power rangers megazord or whatever and they convert back without anyone noticing or caring for that matter' plots, and that would get redundant.

Jack - He freaked out when the motorcycle he was on suddenly started moving on it's own and he acted mature when there was a TWELVE-YEAR-OLD nearby so he wouldn't freak out. And if you watched the fourth part you can also see more realism in the character.

Miko - Yes, yes, we've all heard that she's an annoying little bugger but with your issue of her, watch the end of part four and you'll get a little bit of a reason why she's so extatic(sp?).

All characters will develop and personalities WILL be explained during the actual series! Sorry to come off snappy but yeah...

Yes, the mouth is weirld with the animation but I'll get used to it in time. The animation should get better as the series progresses.

1: She knows that he's been saving up. she probably figured that he finally saved enough (she does work in a Hospital, I.E: Time-eater) but didn't wait to consult her.

2: And one of the rules of Transformers: unless you know about the giant alien robots, parents don't usually show much interest in the kid's activities outside of school or home. No matter what the Live Action Movie tells you. The closest series that breaks that rule is the Unicron series and that's about the only Anime series that does that with parents.

Ratchet struggles with it because it's too primative for him to go through with ease. And there are kids in real life that are smart enough who are able to do that. (Raf is 12 he states this in part 5 btw) There was a report of a ten-year old attending college because he was a super-genius.

I'm sorry you're not interested in the series (I wasn't all that thrilled with how the fifth part ended but I'm still gonna watch to see how it is) and I hope future series that they make will interest you.

jD001

12. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Well-Known Member

Agreed, Steve Blum is one of my favorite voice actors and his Starscream was perfect in the first five eps in my opinion.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:

psss

You don't know if it's metal nor if cybertronian metal works the same way as earthly metal, I also noticed that you only mentioned Optimus' mouth when everybody else got the same kind of mouth. Don't you just mean that you want a faceless Optimus and is looking for some kind of basis on your opinion other than you don't like him with a face?