Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 - Darkness Rising Parts 1 and 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm dyin' for Tron, but this is right up there with it :) 

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IGN's review: Transformers Prime: Premiere Review - TV Review at IGN

For IGN, that's pretty good, as they try really hard to be critical when it suites them.

It's nice to see such a positive review, though I don't understand the 7.0, when he was glowing about the show in his writeup. :) 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He probably meant 7,9 or something, afaik the TV shows don't show the "," while the video game ones do.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I didn't notice in DR Pt.2 that Prime was pulling off some mean truck-fu after he and the others went "Maximum Overdrive".

He was drifting, reversing and donuting through a good couple of Eradicons.

5. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    someone on bays site said no new episodes til next year

6. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    We already know.

Febuary is when the show begins to air weekly.

7. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Didn't even realize it had started airing, well at least the first two episodes so far. Not bad so far, I'd be okay with Cliffjumper being dead. I do like Arcee & Ratchet so far. Those two are definite buys when toys are released.

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw it, it made me dizzy so I watched it again :lol 

jD001

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    just watched ep 1. Fairly impressive.

Pros:
    Camera work. very cinematic, nice moves.
    Animation - quality!!!
    Autobot Designs (minus Bulkhead who just does not fit in with the others aesthetically, he looks like he skipped in from another show ~ which he essentially did ~ maybe if he was about 1/2 as "fat" he'd look less redonkulous) Love this Bumblebee and probably the best Ratchet has ever looked.
    The Boys ~ not bad for human characters.
    Voice Acting ~ FRIGGIN'. TOP. NOTCH. Cullen and Tambor and whomever is doing Starscream were especially impressive. (I actually didn't think The Rock sounded very solid, like he wasn't used to doing voiceover work ~ sounded kind of tentative to me)
    The Writing. More mature than the movies. On a whole different level than the Unicron Trilogy (i usually couldn't make myself sit through a whole episode...)
    Cliffjumper ~ seemed rad, sad to see him KO'd, but it set the tone for the show well.

Cons.
    The Decepticon Designs. I hate them. everyone except Megatron. (and even he looked kinda bad with the frog eyes and needle teeth at his debut at the end of the ep). Starscream's head/face and Soundwave's arms looked even more ridiculous in motion then they did in pictures.
    The Empty Environments. as impressive as the cinematography and animation were, the barren, empty environments really stood out. More background 'noise' (cars on the streets, pedestrians, birds, etc) is needed to make the world feel 'real'. The town felt like a ghost town.
    Bulkhead. See above.
    Bumblebee can't talk. it was cool for the first movie, but just annoying in the 2nd and pointless here. I'd have just made him a bot of few words...
    Meiko (sp) ~ she was on screen for what, 2 minutes, and i was hoping someone would accidently step on her...

I give it a solid B and looking forward to Ep. 2!

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found her character funny, She's kinda like Scrappy-Doo .. um ... like ... in a good way. :) 

She seems a lot like what Sari from Animated might be if she were a few years older when she first met Autobots.

11. RailSpike

RailSpike Banned

The backgrounds are terrible they focus on characters and nothing else. And to relate it to the movie that even makes it even worse. I expect to keep movie with movie and animated with animated.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since when is something other than the characters the focus? I mean outside of a relevant object to the plot, which in this case, there are none. I don't quite get what makes the backgrounds terrible? Would you have preferred very polygonal backgrounds like Beast Wars, or completely hand drawn ones, in which case the characters would have looked completely outta place?

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that is part of the issue. Isn’t that why they have a Ground Bridge? But, I think the other reason, the main reason, is to keep their identity secret. They are robots in disguise in this show; they’re actually in disguise:D  The Decepticons, too, for now anyway, are also playing it low key, though I think their purpose is more of an element of surprise low key than anything else.

My guess is because it would be pretty easy to spot a big robot or blue bike in a narrow passage.

She already tried to hide—and failed—from them moments earlier, but the Decepticons aren’t stupid, and could not be fooled. They double back, split up and work as a team. Hiding wouldn’t have helped.

Did they know what they were looking for when first they saw her? I thought they were suspicious of her, but were looking for telltale signs that she was in fact an Autobot. They looked to be scrutinizing her from a distance in vehicle mode before making their move, and once they did, they didn’t worry about the consequences of engaging/pursing her.

lips are synched much through out the show! I guess other CG animated shows have spoiled me, but when it comes to synched lips, this show does it pretty badly. Not too unlike traditional 2D animated shows;) 

Some people actually speak this way. I don’t know which folks specifically, but I have heard those from the countryside speak like this. I thought it was rather cool, actually, I thought it added to his roughneck character. “I’ll put a few dings in ya!”

What time does episode three air?

14. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    6:30 est.

jD001

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! Guess, I should check back some time tonight elsewhere to watch it, as I'm outside of HUBs targeted airways:mad 

16. janeDoe001

News Credits:
    Same. My shift ends at 10 tonight so when I get home I'll check.

Back on Topic: Who else thought 'Power to the minimum wage slaves' when Jack told to customer to 'Bite Me'?

jD001

17. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Don't let Railspike get to you. He's been complaining about the show since the Bulkhead clip....

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actauly, complaining about everything since he joined looking at his post list.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not. Just making conversation. I know like half of these people just complain for the sake of putting themselves on the side that's opposite of popular opinions. This show is by no means perfect, but it's some of the best we've gotten in a long time. Opinions will always be opinions, but when someone says, "Beast Wars looks better," you start to wonder if people are just looking for reasons to complain in order to not be "easily satisfied," when ultimately, we are looking for entertainment in a toy cartoon... which I am perfectly fine with :D 

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Dude, you and me both.