Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 - Darkness Rising Parts 1 and 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watching it again at work, lol (thanks download guys). I wonder why Raph understands Bumblebee's broken language.

2. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because he's a robot. I kid I kid... :lol 

We'll probably find out later on.

jD001

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've considered the possiblity that Bumblebee's not broken, that's just how he talks. To robots this may just be the same as a thick accent. :/

Though I must say, I think Bumblebee's fantastic. His speech is amusing and reminds me of R2 D2, in that it still sounds like a robot talking. I love his big, round, eyes and how they move when he emotes. His car mode's also pretty bitchin'.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

hehehe, one thing's for sure. I like the personality they gave him. I was expecting a hyperactive kid. He's actually very cool. Inquisitive, but also intelligent in his own right. And I like the little relationship he's forming with BB. Jack is less annoying than Sam LaBuff, which is already awesome. And Nika (sp) looks potentially annoying, but she might calm down, given that these writers knew to shut her up after the bots returned from their battle.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he talks in morse code or something.

6. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Same reason Rush Limbaugh says he "hopes Obama fails"... Success can lead to a negative result... Prime succeeds, we get more trite, poorly written crap that looks worse than a PlayStation 1 game. If it fails, maybe Hasbro will go back to the basics, and bring back TFA. Clever, family friendly, and ENJOYABLE. This current series has all the trappings of the crappy MTV Spider-Man series: jilted animation, emotionless performances, and soulless presentation. There's not even a catchy revision of the TF theme. It's just... there.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Or maybe binary? Raf is an intellect.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    How is Prime poorly written? Or poorly animated? Or emotionless?

Oh yeah it isn't, you're just overreacting because it's impossible to say "I don't like this show goodbye", nah, you got to try and tyr to state your opinion as fact because otherwise you think it's not validated.

Oh don't worry, knowing you, the second they do a CLEVER G1 REFERENCE you'll start loving it just like it went with Animated.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you want them to rehash old crap, is that what you mean?

edit: and to clarify: I'm not saying TF animated is crap. I mean, you would rather them just revise what's already been done?

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Ok, there's opinion then there's denial.

I read this and think "Wow....he's probably so sold on the false rumors that Hasbro killed Animated for Prime and is just flat out ignoring the fact that a good 95% of discussion on the premire has been positive just so he can believe it's all a bunch of garbage."

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Maybe he doesn't, and he just gets the gist of what he's saying.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So that's the other thing. Is this BB just speaking Cybertronian, or is his voice box busted too?

BTW, these are discussion questions, not "just to be annoying" questions. I think BB's R2 personality compliments Raph's perfectly and I can't wait to see how that develops. I see Bee becoming very protective of him.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  13. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

You know, just a thought I had - if this is following a similar story to the Bay movies and BB got his voicebox injured before coming to Earth... speaks quite a bit about Ratchet's medical skills doesn't it?

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, I thought that in the movie too. But maybe what it is is that the components that make up a transformers ability to communicate audibly are something difficult to come by. Like, you could easily replace a person's hand with a prosthetic, but try replacing our voice box, and even House would have problems, heheh

15. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Even stephen hawking as a speech computer so if we humans are developed enough for such a computer, it should be easy for transformers to create a new voice processor/box.

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Easier said than done when you're stuck on an alien world with minimal equipment though.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it could also be his choice. "If it's not my own voice, then I ain't talkin'"

18. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Personally I like the beeping noises because Movie Bumblebee was the first Bee I liked ever, so while for some its bad because theyre used to a speaking Bee, for me it's weird when he does speak. The fact that the two voices for him that I heard were rather annoying to me doesn't help (Animated and WFC)

19. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I cant believe someone wrote down that the CGI in beast wars is better than TF Prime.

Beast Wars is my favorite line in the Transformers time line, and I grow up watching G. But there's no way you can compare the CGI tech from almost 10 years ago, to the CGI tech now.

I think the animation is crisp and the renders and use of colors are great.

The character design is what i didn't like when I first saw it, but I'm getting used to it. It's better than the Movie designs so I'm a happy camper.

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Um... you DON'T know me, especially since you can't read. OBVIOUSLY my posts are my opinion. I'm just not a 3rd grader needing to write "In my opinion" or "I believe" at the beginning of every sentence. I find TF:p rime to be extremely sloppy. My wife (a HUGE TF fan, more hardcore than I) also finds it to be a huge step backwards in above elements.

Revisions and updates that are well done are enjoyable. TF:A was such a program. It was enjoyable to all ages, smooth animation, etc. Having seen only two episodes, I'm hesitant to completely shoot it down, but the dismal tone of the first two episodes, the lack of characters you can care for, and the cheap CGI just really take the joy out of Transformers.

Never heard those rumors, so it has nothing to do with my dislike of TF: Prime. I am commenting on my reactions and thoughts stemming from viewing a series that is subpar. Makes the Bay movies look brilliant...