transformers prime deluxe wave 3 RID

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Apr 2, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

ok so i buy a case for 129.90 plus shipping to get vehicon and knockout , no need for other figures so im gonna sell them, question good idea ? and do you think it would be easy to make my money back?

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Sure, just sell Hotshot for 130.00 and you end up a bit richer.

It's the perfect plan.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You're going to buy a case for two figures??

You might get your money back...but I'd rather take my chances in the wild if pre-orders are sold out.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a bad idea just for 2 figures. You might be able to sell the extra Hot Shots & Knockout but don't expect to get any bites for BB, Ratchet & Arcee unless you sell them cheap. BB is everywhere & Arcee & Ratchet are getting easier to find. Remember that people will have to pay shipping so they will end up paying over retail to get them from you. TF fans are pretty cheap and won't want to pay over retail for something they can get in the store. I see that Hotshot & Knockout are $18 at BBTS so you probably won't get more then that for them. So for those 3, you might get $54.

Figure you are paying minimal of $15 (probably is more) for shipping so right off the bat you are paying $145 for the case. So if you get $54 for the 3 new figures, you are still have $91 invested in the remaining 5 figures. Pretty much write off BB as a loss. Even if you sold it for $6, the buyer would have to pay shipping which would take it close to retail, which they might as well just get it at the store. You MIGHT get retail for Arcee & Ratchet from someone who can't find them. So you are down to $67 you've are out. If you are fine with paying amost $70 for two figures you want, order it. Considering Knockout is 2 per case, I doubt he will be hard to find at retail for $12.

BTW. I don't think there are that many people jumping to pay $$ for Hot Shot. He's just a BB repaint and not a show character. He's also 2 per case and probably will be easy to find. Many who want him might just wait for him to show up at Target.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, not really worth getting a case for the two not-so-rare figures in the case. You can probably recoup a bit selling the Vehicon, though...

Also, people can stop using the "RID" acronym... it's just Transformers Prime, now. We know what you mean.

6. s_cren

s_cren Banned

yeah i really dont like the "RID" thing either good point transformers prime it is lol only reason i was considering this is because i see knockout on ebay for 40 right now and that would the extra one then again i dont know who would pay that much for him now that i think about this maybe its not so good of an idea , why cant robot kingdom sell them separately lol

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the Vehicon he wants.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not worth it.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, buying a case just for one or two figures probably isn't the best idea in the world.

10. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    BBTS is selling their case for 105 dollars, so they are cheaper.

Out of that Wave 3 case, I need every figure EXCEPT for Bumblebee. Shocker I know, but I was able to LUCK out and find two Bumblebee's in my stores. Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket? ;) 

You can either spend big bucks for that one figure (and hope to sell the rest), or just be patient and find one in your local stores. I don't think that they will be too hard to find in all honesty.

11. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I have been doing it for a year now. It pays for itself or at least helps save a little money.

Trust me It is worth it.

12. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Why not get the 3 pack instead for 54?

13. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Not a good idea. You'll see them at retail if you live near big box stores. Might take a while for the Vehicon, though.

14. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might as well wait for the wave 4 case, as its likely all the wave 3 figures will carry forward into the next case. And, its possible there may not be a BumbleBee in that case! Wouldn't that be shocking.

15. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I got two 3 packs for this reason and to get two Vehicons and Knockouts. Hotshot is getting taken back to the store for a gift card or cash so there's around 30 back. :) 

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with what most people have said. For 2 figures it's not worth it. The only case where it would be worth it is if you expect the wave to be rare, but that's more likely around the end of they year and highly unlikely for Wave 3 which is early in the summer. Vehicons will be rare at first but then there will be plenty.