Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by havanowoncheese, Feb 5, 2012.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

This figure does not have its own dedicated thread so i figured i would give this guy a review.

Vehicle mode: Its pretty typical size for a legends or legion class figure. The red plastic is a nice bright red and he has painted black windows. The vehicle mode is covered in paint apps of the nice white all along. The grill is painted very nicely in silver. He has storage points for the blade he comes with on the roof and each door. He rolls quite well.

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 1 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 2 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 3 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 4 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

The transformation is quite simple and fairly obvious when looking at the figure from below.

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 5 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

You just unfold the legs and separate the fronte end for the shoulder and the doors come with them to become the arms.

Robot mode carries over the great paint job. He has plenty of great white paint apps and has a nicely painted silver face. The body is molded out of red plastic so the white is all paint.

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 6 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

The back is merely the roof of the vehicle mode and it is overall a kibbly robot mode.

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 7 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

The articulation suffers for all of the nice paint apps. He has ball jointed shoulders and not other arm articulation. His legs have a nice ball joint at the hip and a hinge at the knee. This is all he has. He is able to hold his sword but due to the limited articulation he cannot assume tons of poses.

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 8 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url]
    Legion Ratchet 9 by havanowoncheese, on Flickr[/IMG]

This figure is a legion class and his limitations are understandable for the class size. He does have some amazing paint apps and both modes look great. The transformation is to easy and feels uninspired. If you are a big collector of cyberverse this guy is worth picking up. Due to the great paint apps in both modes my over all score is 7/10.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Not as poseable as I'd like, but he looks really good. Just ordered him, can't wait until I get him. Nice review.

3. havanowoncheese

Thanks!

The way i look at it is the lack of articulation is the trade off for the amazing paint apps he has.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    the fact that he has ankles and knees makes him better than many legends.

Wish the deluxe version had a deco and proportions closer than this (and a noncheating chest)

5. havanowoncheese

His leg articulation is great but comparing him to Cliffjumer legion class...
    Cliff has great ball joints at the elbows shoulders hips and ankles with a knee joint that has the range of a double joint. Of course Cliff has much less paint.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper also has the limited movement in the hips and looks like ass. Ratchet here looks a lot more playable. Give him Cliff's weapon and you have Ratchet's on-screen blades.

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper 's limited hip can be improved by cutting some plastic, Ratchet can't be helped any way... I wouldn't give Ratchet a "7 out of 10"; (more of a 4/10) Its Transformation is way too simple and if only paints job matter ?? hmmmm....

8. havanowoncheese

I am judging it based on other legends that i have and he is not bad. As for the paint job i have to give credit since a legends toy has more paint than a typical DOTM deluxe. Ratchet is a fun and good looking legends toy in my opinion.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Great review brother!

10. havanowoncheese

Thank you!

11. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Sorry to bug you, but is Ratchet's head scaled properly to the rest of his body when compared to other Legends/Cyberverse figures? I'm not sure if it is or if it's just my perspective.

12. havanowoncheese

To me it seems a little small for his body but its not to bad at all and i do not think it impacts the toy at all.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This guy is pretty great articulation-wise for his size class. Also, if you give him Cliffjumper's weapon and peg the blades in from the bottom, they are a great match.

My biggest problem with him is that he basically doesn't have a face.

14. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His lack of painted eyes bugs me.

15. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Went out shopping today and brought home cyberverse Cliffjumper and Arcee.

I saw one Ratchet at a Target, and passed when I immediately noticed he has no eyes. I was hoping it was a paint error, but all I've seen online so far, including this, is that he has NO eyes!

I wonder if Hasbro might be convinced to making a production fix on this guy. Cliff, Arcee and Bumblebee all have nice little blue eyes, why does Ratchet have to be doing a Soundwave impersonation?

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Ugh. I thought maybe the one I saw at the store just came out of the mold wrong, but they are all like that? Fail, Hasbro. I still love you too much to skip out on Prime toys, but if things keep going downhill like this with stupid mold issues, transformation cheats, and distribution fiascoes, I can't promise my loyalty will stay intact for the next toyline...

17. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I've only seen one first-hand, but from every photo and video I've seen online, his eyes aren't painted.

I do have Cyberverse BB, Cliffjumper and Arcee, and I do like all of them and think they're worth having. I like these small TFs.

But... this Bumblebee suffers from the same problem as my movie Legion/Legends/whatever, in that his back end is not painted ... main problem is that the rear window isn't painted. Front-end has a lot of painted detail, but the back is blank.

It doesn't really make sense, especially when you compare it to Cliffjumper. Cliff has a painted back window AND a painted rear bumper.

18. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Mine is just a big blotch of silver paint...

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    It's really too bad they couldn't have made him a Commander class size. For the most part I'm very happy with how well the line has handled scale, but Ratchet and especially Brakedown are disappointing in Legion size.

20. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Managed to find a lone Ratchet at Target. Sweet little bugger but elbow joints would be awesome.