Transformers Prime Cast Changes

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Heliblade, May 19, 2017.

1. Heliblade

Heliblade Vigilante of Kaon

Transformers Prime was awesome and all, but in hindsight they could have picked better characters for certain roles.

I would...

Replace Bulkhead with Ironhide

Replace Wheeljack with Springer

Replace Smokescreen with Hot Rod

Replace Breakdown with Demolishor

Replace Airachnid with Lockdown

Genderbend Knock Out. Look, the Smurfette Principle was in full effect on this show for both teams, and only one of the girl robots was a proper member of the main cast. Call me weird but Knock Out would have been just as hilarious as a girl.

I would talk about Rid2015 but let's wait until the show's over.

But that's all just my personal opinion. What would you guys change, or would you keep it as is?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Bulkhead was originally supposed to be and apparently written as Ironhide to some extent until they found out that in DOTM Ironhide would die. So kids won't be confused to a living Ironhide, that's changed him to Bulkhead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind having Ironhide on the show, but Bulkhead kind of grew on me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I enjoyed the mix of obscure/made up and familiar characters, though some of these choices are fitting.

Knock Out as a girl, though? I don't know, I think he'd come across as too much of that spoiled, blonde, rich girl stereotype you see in musicals and stuff. I wouldn't have minded having another character be female instead, but Knock Out would have been too much of a stereotype if he was a she.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I wouldn't mind Ironhide in place of Bulkhead, or Chromia instead of Arcee but I loved the rest of the robot cast.

I would have brought in a few more characters for each side, though.

Skywarp, Thundercracker and Barricade

Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and Jazz

I may have swapped Magnus for Prowl

• Like Like x 1
  6. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

I would:
    • Replace Dreadwing with Thundercracker. They're both blue Decepticon seekers who have doubts about the Decepticon cause, so I wonder if Dreadwing was at some point meant to be Thundercracker?
    • Replace Darksteel with Ripclaw and Skylynx with Skystalker.
    • Replace Cliffjumper with Springer, as a nod to TFTM.
    • Have one of Starscream's clones become Sunstorm.
    • Change Shockwave's name to Shockblast. I would explain this as, after the damage he took at the end of FoC, Shockwave upgraded into a new body and took the name Shockblast.

7. Heliblade

Heliblade Vigilante of Kaon

-Skyquake was actually meant to be Skywarp, so assuming that Dreadwing was meant to be Thundercracker is actually pretty reasonable.
    -I would keep Darksteel, but I agree with replacing Skylynx for a more expendable character.
    -Let's keep Cliffjumper as he is or replace him with Smokescreen as the token sacrificial lion.
    -Sunstorm TFA homage, haha, I get that. But recoloring the animation models would cost $.
    -Hasbro would only use Shockblast if they ever lost the trademark to Shockwave.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

1. I'm glad they went with Skyquake, then. Skywarp is one of my favorite Transformers and it would suck if the writers used him for only one episode that he died at the end of.
    2. I kind of agree, as at least Darksteel was given some characterization. While I would prefer both of them to be Predacons we'd already seen in the toyline, Darksteel>>>>>>>>Skylynx.
    3. That's a good point, about introducing Sunstorm costing money. Although I still wish they had introduced Sunstorm. It would've been cool.:( 
    4. Yeah, that's true.