Transformers: Prime Bumblebee sneaky peeky!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Chris McFeely, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    While I'd really wish that they would've removed themselves away from the movie asethetic, this Bumblebee is a bit more toned down and alot easier on the eyes.

That being said, I can't wait to find out some more info on the show. I really hope it has BW and Animated level quality in storytelling. That is really all that I ever ask for.

2. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

I for one hated the movie designs from day one, and if this is the direction the new show is taking, I am happy to keep my money in my wallet.

3. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like it.. but will probably buy the toys anyways..

4. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you buy stuff you don't like doesn't that keep them making stuff you don't like?

5. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Damn! It looks like the movie. But I will reserve judgement until I see full animation.

6. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

neet! he looks pretty cool. looks like a simplifyed version of movie bb. it will be interesting to see what comes next

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah me too, can't judge a book by its cover:thumbs2: 

but its going to be hard... I already hate the movie and if those stupid twins show up, i'm done.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not bad, obviosuly heavily move influenced but a bit more simplistic with a dash of WFC, I wonder if he'll maintain the radio talk or will get an actuall voice actor.

9. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

I think its cool, and for people who hate the movie designs, think about this. if Optimus Prime or Bumblebee look like thier original 80's designs in the film or in a the many cartoon series since then, woulden't you get bored or grow out of it? the main reason I think people have stuck with the Transformers for all these years is that the different look that the characters go through. Optimus Prime has gone through being a 4 different looking semi trucks, two versions of a gorilla, and 3 different looking fire-trucks. and that just in the American series. would we have stuck by watching the same old look over and over and over and over and over? giving the characters different looks is half the fun.

10. MC.Paddington1

MC.Paddington1 Well-Known Member

He looks kinda cute. Like a less complicated and eye-hurting version of the movie one... I'm liking it loads!

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Looks uninspired to me. But that matches the general aura that surrounds Transformers in general this year, so...at least it's consistent I guess.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    About what I expected. I'll probably not be watching this show, but I'll keep half an eye on it in case Bludgeon shows up.

This could be the outlet where the movie toys get the actual characterization they need.

13. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Let the great whining begin!
    It does look kinda movie-like, but that's not surprising. The movies have made more money than anything else they've ever done, so to expect hasbro not to lean on that or try to tie into it is kinda silly. Also (I'm basing all of this on this one little pic and I know we're probably going to get our expectations changed five times before we see the actual show) while this obviously borrows from the movie aesthetic, if the movie designs had looked like this, I wouldn't have hated them from day one.

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Sexy. And so much better than Animated.

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

You took the words right out of my mouth. If this is indeed the direction of the new show, I am more than happy not to support it or its toy line.

16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys are being overly harsh, I hate the bay-verse as much as anyone, but imagine you hadn't seen the bay movies; this would be like Transtech at that point -different, cool, transformery.

17. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting, the designs seem to be heavy WFC/Bayverse inspired..and I was hoping for a different aesthetic. Still, I'll be sure to see where this takes us. Hopefully something as good as Animated (doubtful)

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Looks good to me. It's not as much "Bay-verse" to me as others seem to think it is. It's definitely taking some queues from the movies but it does have it's own look. I like how the tires are integrated into the arms like that. Pretty cool stuff. Definitely interested in seeing how the animation on this works out.

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks interesting. I agree with the earlier post about it reminding them of the movie Robots. That was the first thing I thought of too. I'm sure the show will do well considering all of the teeth gnashing going on here, but I have to disagree with those who think this series won't be tied to War for Cybertron.

First off, it is a major design change from the video game I'll grant you, but how close did Beast Wars look to G1 and that was a direct sequel. We all have been informed that the game is a prequel so let's go with that for now and see where this leads us. The game is suppose to bring together 25 years of myth and legends from TF series past, yet we don't exactly know right now which version of how they get to Earth they're using. (it could be an all new one.) And, who's to say that they didn't upgrade themselves after the events of the game?

For me it'll come down to how the toys look.

20. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I have been wanting (and waiting for) in regards to the look of the new TF series.

I absolutely love the movie aesthetic and am extremely glad that I'll be able to see a tweaked version of it in the new show.

I hope Ratchet and Ironhide (if he is in it) are also heavily based on their movie designs.

Very pleased with this :)