Transformers: Prime Bumblebee sneaky peeky!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Chris McFeely, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No, don't write it off yet; just change your sentence to

"After what we got with Animated it's nice to see MORE people actually willing to give this a chance instead of automatically writing it off as total garbage".

I mean sure, the same old faces are popping up again and writing things off based on how badly their knees jerk after seeing a partial image, but that's expected of them now. Just chuckle, turn away from them and let them get on with it; that works for me most of the time.

2. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I've now come around to "I don't care if its explicitly movie-verse, as long as it is written well and skips the potty humor". Come to think of it, I would have LOVED the movies if they had just been written well. If you give the guys that wrote Animated copies of the movies and said "okay guys, it just has to be in this continuity, and here's where we have to end up for TF3" the result would likely be awesome.

3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay..................they both suck.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    The point JetRaid is trying to make is that they don't look alike, and this cartoon might not be set in the movieverse.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's enough of a deviation (apart from artistic choices) to give creedence to the theory that it's merely homaging, rather than visiting, the movieverse. As Hasbro said recently (paraphrased) "We want something more to homage than just G1"

6. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Okay, I might have been wrong. It is most likely movie verse Bumblebee with his Battle mask up:

Attached Files:

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

the new bumbles does not "suck" if anybody sucks its ...

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I wish he sealed closed forever

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    More like Animated Bumblebee without a mouth.
    [​IMG]
    I need a better picture of Animated Bumblebee's head/face.

10. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Um...DUH.

Transformers is, and has always been, directed at kids. Why is this still unknown to people? It's a fundemental part of the franchise.

As for my opinion on BB here...he looks like a cheeky bugger. Look close, he's raisin' his eyebrow. Can't wait for the show and the ensuing toys!

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The style of BB's head reminds me more of this :

[​IMG]

12. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    I still think they DO look alike, although yes, the cartoon could be non-movie.

These two pictures don't offer a good comparison, since it's pretty much comparing a lower cgi model to a movie cgi model. If we'd compare it to a cgi render of Bumblebee from the Bayformers video games I'd say they'd already look way more alike.

Sure enough, anybody can see the face is different, the shoulders are different, but on the other hand, more than enough hints that this could be a movie-series, but 'fresh', as well:

-Proportions are pretty much the same as movie Bee.
    -Hands have the same four digit fingers.
    -Chest is similar
    -Face, although different, looks like it was concepted with movie Bee's head as a starting point: the shape of his helmet is somewhere between movie Bee's regular head, and his head when the battle mask is deployed (without the mask of course). The eyes are similar. He has the same kind of split where his nose is (but stylized). What we now see as his chin has a similar shape to movie Bee's mouthplate.
    -door wings.
    -color. Not the bright yellow but gearing towards the movie Bee orange-y goodness.

This could still very well be a 'stylized movie cartoon', maybe not set in the exact movie universe but in one very similar..like an expanded universe. but of course, we will have to wait for more concrete details. :) 

Dismissing that this could be 'movie' cos of the sole fact that it's less detailed and features some elements that movie Bee doesn't have would be slightly narrowminded, I think. ( I don't mean this the insulting way, but I don't remember the positive version of the word right now :p )

I could be totally wrong, though!

13. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, I'm hopeful, because I do like the aspect of the movie designs in that in my mind, that's closer to what a TF would "Actually look like" and I like the serious, adult style arse-kicking robot designs.

Problem is, after ROTF, I hate the movie franchise. Seriously, I watched rotf on dvd at home alone for the first viewing since the theatre, and I was so blown away by how much I hated it and it's stupid, pathetic potty humor, and it's nonsense, no explanation story lines that it really made me not like any of my movie figures, because when I looked at the display, all I could think of was how much I didn't like the movie, so thusly I didn't like the toys from the movie because they represented a version of the franchise that I hated.

Sooooo....this leads up to the possibility of the new show having a more streamlined, simplified version of the movie look, but might actually be a really good story like Animated. I wonder if they are going to do the whole origin story/arrival again or go with a loose reference to the movie story.

14. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Guys, I have info that the new show will have very high quality animation - there is a great team of high quality artists in the states behind the creative of the show - and it's being animated by a great CG studio in Japan. The visuals are inspired by the movie verse, but stylized in a similar way to TFA and WFC - but rendered in a pretty darn realistic style. That said - way more stylized - and IMO, much more appealing than the Bay movies. Look at the Bumblebee model - it has nice clean shapes ala animated and WFC - even though it's based on movieverse designs. I think Star Wars clone wars is the best example of how this will look - but probably more realistic and intense.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I strongly believe that this new show is NOT based on the movies, rather Bumblebee's design merely homages them, considering how huge BB was in the marketing for the movies, that's perfectly reasonable to assume.

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, do you have any idea how close it is to being finished at all?

17. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

I doubt the story is in strict movie continuity - but I'm guessing it takes place on Earth and most of the main bot characters will look and behave like their movie counterparts. That said there will be many new characters and lots of invention beyond the movieverse. There will probably be a large human component of the story, but since it's a cartoon made by Hasbro, trying to sell toys, the bots will have their story and battles, brought to the fore.

I heard from sources working on the show that there will be PLENTY of amazing bot on bot fighting action - and that we shouldn't be dissapointed. This is going to be an exciting show for the fandom from what I can tell...

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. Sounds good so far.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  19. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

I think it's set to debut fall of 2010.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

No matter what the setting is of this new cartoon you can pretty much bet the first episodes will be the origin and arrival story. It's just something story tellers do because everyone on the planet knows the story of Superman coming to Earth as an infant, yet every time they tell a new set of stories about Superman they include the origin story. So any new set of Transformers stories will have something about how they came to Earth.