Transformers: Prime arrives to Spain

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Nightmare966, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just in case anyone here's from Spain or is interested at all, Transformers: Prime first three episodes will be aired in Boing, starting this Saturday at 10:00 AM. Not sure if the three are coming all together or one a week. Also, we'll be getting the whole first season in Septemeber.

EDIT: Three Season one episodes, no Rising Darkness o_O 

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, good to know Prime is starting to expend globally.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Now, if only it could come Down Under...

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Awww. :(  I mean, its great for Spain fans but havent heard anything for Argentina yet. :S

5. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Nice! It's good to see the worldwide rollout starting.

You are going to post some clips so we can hear the Spanish dub aren't you? Pretty please? *puppydog eyes*

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    When the hell is it starting in the UK?!?!? I mean I've already watched them all on YouTube and through DarkPrimes uploads, but it'd be nice to see it on the tv screen at some point

7. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    Can't, don't have any kind of recorder, anyways the cast seems the one from the games, or at least Optimus sounded like it. If I get to see a dubbing actor list, I'll try to post it here.

BTW, I'm confused... They say they're showing the 3 first season episodes, the footage was from Darkness Rising, and they said Season 1 has 26 episodes. I guess they meant Darkness Rising all along...?

8. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Mate, I'm with you.... There's nothing worse than being on the opposite side of the world and feeling left out of everything. Our bloody dingoes are gonna eat them!

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Australia is kinda odd with its cartoons; we got uber obscure stuff like Pretty Cure, but so far, no sign of TFP.

10. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Tell me about it guys! I really hope That even if the cable stations don't pick it up that ABC3 can, I mean they got Clone Wars, Avengers, Iron Man... Would be great if the could get TFP especially with no ads!

11. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    Just watched it! It was three first episodes of Rising Darkness. Since everyone knows what happensm I'll go directly to dubbing :p 

For some reason, I don't kind of like the voices used on this series for half the cast, specially Megatron -- while he gets a Welker kind of voice, it doesn't suit the character, unlike Welker. Optimus gets one that is close to his game counterpart, but not exactly the same. Starscream, on the other hand, really looks like he has his ROTF game voice actor on it, which is nice, as it was one of the very few voices I was fine with. Bulkhead gets the usual big, somewhat dumb kind of voice, fitting and really a good job coming from the actor. The voice actor from Cliffjumper can be heard in various series in Spain, and if I recall correctly, he voiced Usopp in One Piece and Matt in Digimon.

Now, the humans actors are fitting, and I was actually happy with the outcome in them.

Also, a few dubbing issues. Decepticons is pronounced as De-Cep-Ti-CONS instead of De-CEP-ti-cons, and the AllSpark is translated as the Supreme Spark, while in the movies they pronounced Decepticons the right way and AllSpark had a different translation -- that's something I hate over dubbing studios, it takes them a different one to mess up with translated words and even a same actor getting two different voices (Doctor Who and Torchwood Captain Jack comes to mind).

But all in all, it was cool, they put the effort, so I believe it's a good dubbing. So that's it, more to come in Septmeber :) 

12. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NZ hasn't had TF Prime either.

I suspect this is due to the erratic screening of episodes in the US. Once they're near, or have finished the show, the cartoon will begin airing here.

Or they may be waiting till the toys hit before bringing the show over. Who knows?

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the info! I love hearing about how shows are translated and dubbed into different languages. :)  Hopefully someone can put up some clips one day.