Transformers Prime and Rescue Bots are in the same continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Confirmed via a recent Q&A session with Jeff Kline and Steve Blum - Transformers Rescue Bots and Transformers Prime occupy the same continuity. Jeff Kline and the team felt that it was important for these two series to occupy one common continuity, in spite of their very different settings.

This means whenever you see Optimus Prime in Transformers Rescue Bots, he is taking a leave of absence from Jasper, Nevada.

Full story here, including some information on guest stars and the possibility of a Prime movie:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...-talk-rescue-bots--transformers-prime-174315/

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Mreh... no less plausible than Prime and WfC taking place in the same continuity.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Neat

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    So when Team Prime parties Optimus visits the Rescue Bots? Fair enough.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since Optimus changed look visiting the Rescue Bots, I'd love to see the RB making a cameo on Prime - in Prime style.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for sharing.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Okay well this does confirm that Resuce Bots are in the same timeline as Prime is. I'm not planing on watching Rescue Bots anytime soon but perhaps one day I shall just to see if there's connections to Prime.

It was neat to hear that they shown the Season 1 finale at the silver screen! So I do hope there's a movie somehow because the CGI would look GLORYUS on the silver screen!:thumb 

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow.....yeah I guess it can work even though Optimus Prime's design contridict each other then again Avengers and Wolverine and the X-Men are in the same continuity and Nick Fury's eye patch is on the wrong side.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I've said this before, but I hope that they do a Rescue Bots episode where a ton of disasters start happening at the same time, and they're barely coping with the problems. (Unicron natural disasters)

And while this is going on, they're unable to get through to Prime.

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Yeah. What Would be cool though for both Prime and Rescue Bots though would be Crossovers together.

11. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Throwing in Heatwave would be easy, given Blum's already in the regular Prime cast.

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the reason the Rescue Botties can occupy the Jasper site alongside Bulkhead, BB, et. al.? Whatever, I'm not even sure I like RB's yet, so I'll confine my comments to Prime for now.

Mention of a Prime movie? Fully support this path. Just needs the right story, character choice, and of course they'd need to crank up the animation ever so slightly. At times the humans look a little too 'plastic' and although I understand that this is due to the limitations of CGI for TV, this would need to be cranked up for the big screen. Part of the reason why I didn't care for the Clone Wars animated movie a few years back. Who wants to pay to sit in a theatre and watch a two hour Clone Wars episode? Not effing me, that's who.

13. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

And people thought the design inconsistencies/sudden changes in the IDW G1 continuity were nutty. : D

That'd actually be a pretty cool idea, even if just for a two-part story or something.

14. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Interesting. So does this officially put the idea of Continuity Family to rest in the Aligned Continuity?

. . . I doubt it.

Anyway, I'd love to see some crossovers.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ....How does that even work...?

16. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Why even bother asking anymore? Just nod and say "whatever".

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So when Prime's on Patrol as 'Prime's do not party' - he's with the Rescuebots ?

I guess it will fit - but only if the Rescue Bots show takes place "Before" the Decepticons come back. that would also explain the different type of truck mode for Prime too.
    It's all nonsense though especially if Rescue-Bumblebee speaks English.
    Oh and can you actually bother to distribute Boulder, Blades and Chase in the UK now.

18. General Tekno

News Credits:
    The problem I had with the Clone Wars movie was that the story wasn't all that great.

And, naturally, within a few episodes, when they did the Malevolence 3-parter, I found myself going "WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS ADAPT THIS FOR A MOVIE INSTEAD".

Honestly, with that series, the movie seemed to me to be an excuse to build all the character models/sets and be able to recoup the costs. Kinda like how with the Battlestar Galactica reboot, they did a miniseries first, and used a meaty miniseries budget to build really nice sets they were able to carry over into a new series, thus reducing ongoing costs.

After all, you look at how many assets they had to build for Clone Wars' movie - it's quite impressive. And then they got a VERY VERY elaborate baseline for "free" in that it didn't come out of the TV budget, but was recouped by the movie revenues. Which is part of the reason Clone Wars looks so damn good, I'd say - it feels like a "living" world, which is the biggest problem with a CGI series given the cost to construct/animate new designs.

Heck - look at Prime, or that new Green Lantern series, or even Beast Wars. They can only add so many characters a season, and as such focus on small casts. Clone Wars got around that by having the budget to do HUNDREDS of designs up front (including extras), which lets them have considerably less to do down the road. (I mean, look at the latest Bounty Hunter arc - we've got at least a dozen new character models that have turned up in it so far. Many CGI shows don't go that far.)

19. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    It's not that far-fetched: would you want ambulance workers joining the military? The Rescue Bots specialize in rescue, not combat, and Optimus is keeping them involved in a mission that leaves both shows relatively separate. Works for me.

As for a cross-over, the only hope for that would be a Botcon comic or prose story, or maybe a humorous script-reading. Anything else is a pipe dream.

20. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots doesn't take place in Jasper. It takes place in Rhode Island, doesn't it?