Transformers Prime AM26 Smokescreen with S2

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn that's pretty, no lie. But he's not an "Ultra Magnus." Here's hoping he gets a more accurate remold later.

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yup, it looks pretty good. I mean if there was a way to fold down the window it would even work better. I would recommend the mistransformation on him as well. So don't tab in the chest to the headlights.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    you honestly dont even need to mod anything, when you get smokescreen and assemble the micron switch the wings so that the stickers will be on the bottom of the crossbow mode. after that all you have to do is plug the micron into a hole on smokescreens back and there you have it, helps fill in his hollow back and gives him the wings. personally i love the figure, but i grew up with beast wars where almost every figure was not show accurate in some way and no repaints ever got a remold, i think this mold suits smokescreen better than knockout, especially with the micron

4. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you have a pic with the micron like this? Sounds better than tearing apart my new micron!

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Not for me, all that white is a turn off

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    here ya go, sorry for the lack of lighting but these are the best i could come up with

Attached Files:

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    why does everyone connect the head light to the top of the hood? It would look more show accurate to have them lower.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Probably because they're more stable that way?

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    reasons i did is because if you lower them then the wheels interfere with the micron wings plus it really wouldnt be more accurate because his headlights are in the pectoral region in the show, to lower them in the figure would place them in the abdomen

10. AndHisArmada

AndHisArmada Decepticon Saboteur

Ebay:
    I was planning to get Smokey but when I saw he was just a Knockout repaint my enthusiasm waned considerably. Now its 60/40 in favor of skipping him.

11. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Am I the only one who think an arm swap with repainted FE Bumblebee arms (including shoulders) would make this figure better? Oh, and a compete repaint fot the waist and thighs.

12. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    So, seeing side-by-side comparisons between the show model and the toy, I want him, like, even though I don't want Knock out, Smokescreen looks good, shame Kapow toys is sold out.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I'm not paying over $30 for a crappy retool. I don't even care about the TV show enough anymore to buy crappy toys just because they were on the show.

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    might do wonders for the bot mode if you could get it to work, but then wouldnt that destroy the point of a transformers figure? show accurateness aside, i think he looks great, then again my favorite transformer, tigatron, never got a show accurate figure either so stuff like that doesnt bother me really, the only thing that concerned me was the lack of wings on the knockout mold to match the overall look of smokescreen and takara accomplished that with the addition of the micron

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    No, because not only is that impossible (the shoulders are in fact mounted on internal swivel joints that are in turn connected to the wheels on his back and the shoulders collapse for vehicle mode, it's a tight fit) and would render transformation impossible (the entire arm assembly for knock out forms the roof/clear windows for the car), but they'd also be far too out of proportion with the rest of the figure, because Knock Out is SHORT.

It would be far easier to do a brand new transforming figure based on Classics Sideswipe combined with Classics Prowl than it would to try and make the repaint more accurate in any physical sense.

16. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome! Thank you so much!

17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    not a problem, i figure flipping the wings upon assembly is much better than tearing it apart, the micron just plugs right into the top hole on smokescreens back, though you kind of have to fiddle with the wheel/headlight pieces to get everything to line up, the headlights cannot be slanted down if you want to plug the micron in

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have him. I love him. I bought him partially because he might be the only version we see in Deluxe Class, but also because the wing picture sold me.

Now that I have him in hand... Oh, TakaraTomy/Hasbro designers...you cheeky bastards.

While the animation models are different, the figure mold screams both Knock Out and Smokescreen. There are too many likenesses in the toy not to be intended for both characters. Is it a perfect duplication of the show models? No, but it's so danged close, it's freaky.

The Arms Micron was definitely intended to snap onto his back and form the wings. If you follow the instructions transformation (Knock Out's chest formation) the wings have these little rounded tabs that fit in the spokes of the wheels on Smokescreen's back and they "lock" into place. They fit so well, it has to be intentional. Not to mention, the AM fills out the gap on his back perfectly.

If you transform it correctly (lights all the way down) the wings sit right behind the wheels, which is more show accurate.

If you mistransform the chest, put the wings up behind the wheels and set his shoulder armor just right, he looks very much like Smokescreen and not Knock Out. (It's amazing that they could take the same mold, same transformation and make them look like two totally different characters.)

Oh, and Smokescreen's tail section (car mode) has been modified from Knock Out, so it actually makes him taller. I stood them side by side and there's quite a height difference between the two. Amazing.

I definitely recommend him. I don't regret the purchase one bit. I love the Knock Out mold, always have, but Smokescreen seems to own this mold. Have it in hand and you'll see what I mean.

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    That part kinda sucks.

Well damn, redemption!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I can't seem to figure out how to attach the micron with the lights slanted down, the wheels keep the wings from going on all the way, pics of this?