Transformers Prime Almanac ideas?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jan 17, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I was just wondering,since Animated has two volumes of it's Almanac books would you like to see Prime getting an Almanac or something like an Almanac of it's own one day? If so what would you like to see in it? What I like to see basically in the book is the same care and attention that the Animated Almanac books have with bios of the characters,trivias,history,etc.

So what are your thoughts?

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    <flailing everywhere>

YES

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Keep the Almanac's exclusive to Animated. Prime already has that Binder of Revelations or something, I think.

Prime at the moment obviously doesn't have enough to fill up a good sized Almanac anyway, but maybe at the end of the series' run they could do it. But for now, I like how the Almanacs are the sweet sweet life after death that Animated wholly deserves.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don't see a Prime Almanac working past just an art book. The Allspark Almanac had charm, wit and expanded on the established world. Prime has no world to expand on. We know nothing about Cybertron except that it's a dead world. Earth is almost as lifeless. It has none of the fun that bled over into the Almanacs. They'd be nowhere near as entertaining or insightful.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Absolutely this.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's a bit early to be thinking about something like this.

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:

Well when Prime DOES end evetunally I'm sure it'll get something like that in the end.

Well like I said, at least SOMETHING like an Almanac. I mean even the movie verse has books based on the history of it's worlds amd characters and yet the world they live in is almost he same as Prime's. So it's not fair to say that type of wolrd belongs to Prime alone

Besides Earth's not the only planet they can focus on. There's also Cybertron,Volecatron,and the rest of the planets in the Tranformers's galixy.
    I mena for crying out loud look at the bible Hasbro made for the production! That has the making of a encylcopidea if anything so don't count that out yet at least! I mean how do you know Prime won't be entertaining later on? We're not mind readers here.

This is a topic of ideas of how it can be done you know as to think of fun things for it!

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Ha! Not even close. By simply acknowledging there's more than eight people on the planet the movies have a different world. Prime's world is so vacant, so lifeless. There's no meaningful locations, no recognizable areas. It's completely devoid of local colour. There's nothing two expand on. An almanac would consist solely of the ten-or-so robots, the five-or-so people and three-or-so locations.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Mabye it's lifeless for you but I don't think it is. I mean after all they are in the middle of a DESERT! Of course not much is happing at the moment! Truthfully I give them credit for thinking of a logical place for alien lifeforms to hide in sight. Being in a city isn't really good to blend in sight while fighting Decepticons. It worked in Animated but seeing how Prime wants to take things in a realistic tone I understand why the writers chose a desert like town. They can always show more locations around the world in Season 2 espically citys have you ever thought about that?

Honestly I'm getting the feeling that you dislike Prime GREATLY for someone who claims to care about the show and has little to no positive things to say about it.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Well, you could also think the sky is brown and grass is pink.

And that somehow makes up for how lifeless and boring the world is?

Logical? Yes. Visually appealing? Hell no. This isn't real life, it's a TV show. Logic takes a back seat to being entertaining. That's why we have shows about alien robots in the first place.

But it's more entertaining than fighting in a desert.

I don't. Realistic doesn't mean it has to be boring.

I have, because you never, ever, ever stop saying "It could get better in season two." I would prefer it'd be better when the show fucking started. I'd prefer they didn't make the stupid choice of setting it in a completely boring place.

So? Feel how you like. I only criticize Prime because, well, the flaws stop me from enjoying it as much as I want to.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Who knows??? Maybe they'll do something like the Almanac's after the show has been on 3 or more seasons...the TFA ones were a great source of background material and information on the production of the show that we didn't have b4. They were both fun and interesting to read.

If they do have something like the TFA Almanac for TFP, in a couple of years, I'd buy it. :thumb 

12. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Sorry kaijguy19, but there's only one season and we know little about the way they did things on Cybertron and about most of the Bots themselves. Maybe by the time the third season comes out, we'll have enough information to make one.

But if they do get enough information, I want one so bad.

13. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not now, but maybe after a few seasons or the series end will I want one.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Way a way to bring humor like that into my argument sir.

Again, not all locations have to look exciting in order to be intresting. It's a freaking desert what more do you want out of it?!?! Skyscapers and space tech flight cars?!?!

That does'nt mean that we can thrown logic completly out the window either. Sometime we need a balnece between fantasy and reality every now and then and so far Prime's doing a good job at it. Not everything has tobe one way or another in terms of tone. Say I"m wrong all you want but it's MY opnion and I'm sticking by it!

Enertainment isn't the same as being logical of what's the best place to blend in. And aren't you the one to talk? Your story takes place near a small town is that right?

So? You dont see me going on about how Animated's furiustic setting is too outragous to take in!

I
    Well I don't stop saying it for a reason because it MAY get better in Season 2! Unlike you I have hopes for this series and I'm not giving up on it all because of some minor flaws! Again I'm sorry that Season 1 didn't leave a good impresson on you but honestly G1 has a desert setting too and I don't hear ANY complants about that!!

And I'm sorry to hear that. But it seems that at times you nitpick at things that are actually minor in comparison too much like with the firearms and settings for instence.

15. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    At the moment I really wouldn't care all too much for a Prime Almanac. There's really not enough characters, places, or information to make one right now. Maybe after a few more seasons, but not now.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I don't get it.

Uh, yeah, on a TV show yes. TV is a visual medium.

I wish they didn't set the show in a desert!

How is "setting it in a more interesting location" throwing logic out the window?

What does that even mean?

Yes. Near a small town. Where they can go have adventures but still retreat somewhere secluded. Also, two things seperate my story from Prime. 1. My story is text-only, visuals aren't exactly a large part. It's also silly and meant for laughs. Ironhide collects rocks shaped like celebrities. 2. I'm not making a TV show aimed at children and being paid for it.

Except it's not. It's a world with a logic to it. Just because it's not super serious doesn't make it outrageous. It's a future setting. That's it.

G1 also sucks. (Prime doesn't suck, BTW, but G1 is not a good comparrison to anything)

Except action and settings aren't minor in Transformers! They're very important! That's what you come for! Action and adventure. If the action has missing key elements and the adventure is lackluster you're kinda stumbling out of the gate.

17. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I think an Almanac would be great....toward the end of the series when more things have happened and we've had more chars. As of now, it wouldn't be very big. A lot of stuff happened in season one, but not enough for an almanac.

18. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I'm confused, why can't an almanac also talk about things from exodus/exiles and/or WFC? They're in continuity with Prime and between those three I'm sure we can come up with some stuff to put in a book.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Because it wouldn't really be a Prime Almanac then, would it? It'd be an aligned continuity almanac.

20. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Way, way too early for one. Wait until the show ends, man.

Hey now. To be fair, we didn't see a lot of TFA's Cybertron until the very end of the series. And even then, most of the worldbuilding/locations/miscellanea in the Almanacs are only in the Almanacs. You saying that TF: Prime has nothing to expand on because not a lot of worldbuilding has been mentioned yet is hilarious when most of the same sort of stuff in the Allspark Almanacs were either the few things they said they planned for a season that never aired or random homage-y stuff that they made up to fill the books after the fact.

A bunch of writers could easily fill up a book with things that were never in the show but could conceivably fit within the continuity.