Transformers Prime Airachnid Toy - Two figures, Triple or Quad Changer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronic, Jul 25, 2011.

?

What kind of Airachnid figure would you like?

1. Keep em separated - Copter and Spider as two figures

16 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Make mine a triple - Robot, Drill-Spider and Copter!

50 vote(s)
    43.1%
  3. I'm all in - I want it all and I want it know! Quadruple changer Baby!

44 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. I don't want a figure, it'll be a messy disappointment!

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    triple

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A triple changer would be nice if they could make it work.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure she only actually has two modes: Robot and helicopter. The 'spider-like creature' mode is just her robot mode with the spider legs repositioned and the 'driller' mode is just her robot mode with the spider legs repositioned as a 'drill'. They only need to make it with two modes and have the spider legs sufficiently jointed to allow the two pseudo-modes.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how they'll pull off Airachnid's figure considering her design. I mean if they can do it that's great! Maybe they can make her helicopter mode a bit of a partsformer?

5. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

1. Fembot
    2. Spider w drill
    3. Helicopter

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Considering the spider and "drill" mode aren't really entire separate full transformation modes, I think it would be rather easy to make the legs parts of the helicopter shell with feet things just fold up under them to provide stability and the rest of her could be the shell/within the inner folding. The rotors could easily fold up & behind her back as well just so they're not seen... Or the generic "turns into a weapon" thing. Either way, I think the spider legs form a part of the outer helicopter shell.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The whole design doesn't seem all that inherently complex to me, so I don't see why it needs to have modes dropped. The legs/bottom half of robot mode folds up into the spider 'abdomen' or front section of the helicopter, the upper body and arms become the rear and tail of the chopper, and the spider legs double as the rotor assembly. As other said, driller mode is a minor variation of robot or robo-spider mode. The complexity could vary with how 'cheatsy' the designers want to be with the vehicular kibble, but as I see it the biggest challenge is really trying to get an Airachnid toy to support its own weight on just the spider legs. :) 

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Hopefully they'll make non-show characters. Ironhide may be a clue they'll be more.

A Prime Thunderblast, Flamewar, Shadow Striker, and Slipstream would do it for me.

9. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

Triple-changer please.

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

why do people still thinks that "drill" and "spider" are other altmodes :S
    as far as I can see in the character, those are just bot mode with some changes (spider has the legs extended and "drill" is just a position she uses to spin)
    well... "spider" COULD count as another... if she just had a spider mask and no arms to complement that xD

11. Shinzochi

Shinzochi New Member

i think all the forms should be easy to do in a deluxe-voyager class size cause her bot legs would just connect together despite the size class and cause the spider legs come from the middle of her back anyway so the rotor could be connected to the base of the legs so that the legs could be adjusted for use as the rotor-blades and the drill mode and the legs could easily be made to come together to become the rotor-blades by them being made flat enough to look good and still have the correct strength to hold up the figure

now the rest of the copter mode could be formed from the torso, arms and the shoulder pads becoming the cockpit section cause her arms and shoulders have plates on them anyway that could easily become the cockpit half of the copter and for the tail half, in the show it has her as having two protrusions from her hips that are the length of her abdomen/tail-section that her legs combine with that make the the spider-like abdomen and copter tail section

and for the ultra or super class size they could just make her have more detail and make the legs so that they can extend while still able to hold the figure when using the spider legs and if they make her in the leader class size they could make her rotor/drill be motorized and add further detail heck they could even do that for the ultra or super class size instead if they don't make her in leader class size

plus for the ultra-leader class sizes she could have pieces that have more plates that could flip out from behind other pieces for instance the shoulder pads in the same way like how on transmetals Deapthcharge the tips of his manta-ray wings flip back against themselves

although i now that i think about it i wonder why they didn't do this kind of thing back in transmetals for Black Arachnia cause honestly the legs becoming a copter rotor and blades should be pretty obvious and easy for a vehicle mode for a spider plus i never though it was fair Tarantulas got a vehicle mode and Black Arachnia didn't eventhough she got made a transmetal too

and if the original Dinobot had been made into a transmetal then it would have been logical for him to have a copter mode as well with how his regular beast wars tail split down the middle like it did would have made a great way for them to have a rotor and blade assembly cause the tail weapon already spun the creators would have just needed to slightly tweak the attachment

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make a quad changer, but keep it simple. The robot mode legs could have a large variety of movement allowing them to all fold down creating the "drill form" have them all at the sides to create the "Spidery-robot form" or have them on the back to form the "robot mode"

I would prefer a lot of detail to be focused on the robot mode rather than the Helicopter mode.

Oh and have her as Deluxe and maybe voyager.