Transformers Prime Airachnid Toy - Two figures, Triple or Quad Changer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronic, Jul 25, 2011.

?

What kind of Airachnid figure would you like?

1. Keep em separated - Copter and Spider as two figures

16 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Make mine a triple - Robot, Drill-Spider and Copter!

50 vote(s)
    43.1%
  3. I'm all in - I want it all and I want it know! Quadruple changer Baby!

44 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. I don't want a figure, it'll be a messy disappointment!

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    TFP Airachnid has shown several alt-modes but retains them all.

We saw her initial introduction where she could become a driller, a spider-esque creature and a robot mode.

Then later on she added a Helicopter mode to boot.

Question is are we likely to see two figures one for the Copter mode and one for the spider mode OR will we get a all-in-one Triple Changer (they could just make the spider abdomen a spinning part) or a Quad-Changer?

What would you like to see?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The spider mode is just her bot mode with long legs deployed. The drill mode is just the spider mode with the legs facing downward. I'm sure the toy will be a helicopter that turns into her robot mode, of which the propellers are her spider legs.

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

Her spider and drill modes don't really count as separate alt-modes, they're more like extra features of her robot mode. I'm sure the toy will be able to change into her spider mode, and possibly the drill mode depending on how the spider legs are designed.

4. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Gonna have to go with seperate figures. It'd be nice to see them create a figure that could do it all, but we sorely lack female character figures. The more the better; plus a pure spider-former could be easily repurposed into Black-Arachnia as a toy only "offscreen" kinda thing.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two seperate. We could use more female robots. :D 

6. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really looking forward to how they're going to make the spider legs work. Could just be that it's going to have two of the legs hidden inside, The rotor contributes nothing to the legs, Two spider legs combine to make one rotor blade, or something else. The rotor would have to clip in in a way DOTM Skyhammers does if they do become legs so they dont move around. hm, She'll be an interesting one.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the spider/drill modes won't be all that hard to engineer in. They could just make her lower body transform into a solid part of the helicopter and it would be a half transformed mode.

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Copter and Spider as two seperate figures. We need more fembots. And as a proof of concept: We're getting normal cliffjumper and terrorcon cliffjumper. So Hasbro isn't above releasing same-character mold variants within the same line. Bumblebee and Prime in the live action movies can also prove this point.
    Plus, I'm a bitch for Repaints/redecos/remolds now, and with two more on the table, the possibilities can be endless.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Too messy. The copter is sweet looking but they'll want to get the spider legs in. I want no part of that kibble.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Just give it enough moving parts/articulation and you could probably make halfway decent modes for everything.

All these Prime toys cheat, but they cheat very, very well.

We can't achieve perfect transformations due to the size rages in use and the cost per figure, but the modes can be made to look good enough that you'll agree they work.

I honestly think from what the designers and engineers have been able to achieve thus far with only deluxe and voyager size classes, if they go into Leader-Class sized figures, we could see vehicle-robot representations that look damn near perfect to their show models in regards to all their modes. The more moving parts, the better a finished transformation.

Even though this line is currently using Legends, Commander, Deluxe, and Voyager size classes for its figures, it would not surprised one bit if we see a Leader-Class Optimus Prime and Megatron slated for Summer/Winter 2012. If there were any characters from Transformers: Prime who could use Leader-Class sized figures, with lights, sounds, and voice clips from Peter and Frank themselves, it's those two.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    She's as much a quadruple changer as ROTF Rampage was a triple changer. We can get it all out of one figure no problem.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. When I first saw the Voyager Prime I thought the chest windows were the same ones on the alt mode.

14. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

if they can pull it off with animated shockwave then they can do it with arachnid :D 

15. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's a fair point. Animated Shockwave was a very good at having 4 tidy modes.

Having thought about it some more the legs and helicopter blades can be one and the same.

Plus if they incorporate the drilling element into the abdomen it could well facilitate the spinning of the rotors too.

The biggest question for me is how they pull off the Copter mode as she is to the only character who has no discernible vehicle parts on her.

The abdomen could well partially open up to swallow a large chunk of the body and hide non-essential copter parts.

The robot legs could make up the rear rotor section.

Just some thoughts.

16. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The cockpit-halves have been her shoulder-pads since her first appearance.

17. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    DOH! I don't know how I missed them. Thanks for pointing that out. Another part of the puzzle solved.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Her design is easy to change into a toy, so all four modes should be a possibility. I'm more concerned about the spider legs. Will they be stable enough, and will she become back heavy and topple constantly unless you got two on the ground?

19. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Somehow or other I think Hasbro will just focus on her regular bipedal robot mode and the helicopter, and leave the drill and spider modes for the fans to figure out.

I'm more curious however as to what they'll label the toy, given that they couldn't get the copyright claim on her actual name. Though they'll probably just call her "Decepticon Airachnid".

20. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Just want a robo-spider that turns in to a helicopter. Voyager, please.