Transformers Prime a pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by MegaPaultron, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

The final monologue of Prime was about defending humans and their new home of Earth, so I don't see where the "tired of protecting human kind" thing you mention comes from. They just brought along TFA Ratchet's apathy of humans. The rest of the Bots were enamored with the kids.

Extinction as a race? Megatron as Prime's ally? I think anyone can see they're just borrowing from the flicks cause this new generation of kids saw the movies, liked em, and want more of that. The show is an amalgamation of all different aspects of TFs without ever having anything new worth exploring. But like I said before...so far.

And take a look at those Starscream screen shots again. How different is one from the next? When we applaud that an eyebrow sort of moved, that's a testament to our desire for all things TF to work and the failure of the studio animators/director to feel the same.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I honestly don't see the same flaws you seem to think you're seeing. I think you just don't care for the visual aesthetic. Which is fine. You don't have to like it. But that's also a subjective opinion.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats called character development. Arcee and others weren't really buying Optimus' speech about protecting all humankind until the end of episode four really where they got closer bonds and actualy had Arcee and Ratchet showing a better attitude over the human companions in episode five.

And like I said, those are things first for a Transformers series, not counting movies, and even if I was Prime already got edge because they're promising to develop on all those concepts of the movie, while the movie just barely mentions something about an extinction and about Megatron then get done with it forever. It's a past idea but it's pretty fresh if it's actualy takens ahead unlike the last two times those concepts were brought up.

How are the shots not different? Eyebrow, mouth, eyes and even TEETH are being used, it's all moving there and like I said is even better in animation with the body language and movement working for it. They're anything but emotionless. Soundwave you're right because he got no face but even Bumblebee without his mouth is pretty good at emoting and Starscream is just great on that area.

4. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Everyone has talked about the visual look, but for me the voice cast has been amazing. Jeffery Combs for me is unbelievable, as i have a fondness for horror as well and i picked up his voice immediately. Im glad that Frank Welker is back as Megs as he has the greatest Megs voice. The voice for starcream is great as well, im glad hes a bit darker and not a novelty anymore. Overall loving the the show the look, the cinematic style, and how dark the story has been.

5. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is definitely true, Robcbh. Just about everyone had an excellent voice that went very well with their character. The voice actors for this show have been phenomenal so far.