Transformers Prime 3ds Gameplay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by raiden225005, Jun 6, 2012.

1. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if any real footage has been shown before, aside from the cut scene trailer, but nintendo just showed a sizzle reel of upcoming 3ds games and there was a short clip of gameplay from the game. It was shown on nintendo's special 3ds software showcase and I'm sure they will probably have the video up after the live feed finishes so take a look if you are interested

And the video is now up http://e3.nintendo.com/videos/#/Software-Showcase-at-E3-2012

It starts right about the 58 second mark

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks cool, looks like it'll focus on melee combat instead of pew-pew like the DS WFC game.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if the Wii version is like this? I may get a Wii and this for my 3 year old.

4. raiden225005

News Credits:
    I'm just happy it looks a lot better than the previous ds games. I always appreciated what they were trying to do but the graphics just weren't there. On the 3ds it doesn't look half bad.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Looks decent but that showed gameplay as three different characters and not one of them were Decepticons. I feared this would happen. Unless they just failed to show Decepticon gameplay, I'm not even gonna touch the box in stores, never mind buy the thing.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You guys are real charitable for saying that looked okay, imo. I feel bad for Nintendo that this was their demo reel that is supposed to get people excited for the coming year. Castlevania looked kind of cool, though, despite the graphics being a little rough.

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Just because I'm a big fan of the show, I might get this game whether it looks good or not. Trouble is, I don't have a 3DS and I sold my Wii a couple years ago. I have high hopes for the WiiU though and thankfully it's backwards compatible with Wii games.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that most portable games look rough in screenshots and video (even some vita games have this problem) due to the images being blown up past their original resolutions.

The 3DS' visuals aren't anywhere near as jaggy in person as they are in screenshots.

That being said, the Prime game doesn't look like it's taking advantage of the power of the system it's on. the characters should absolutely be casting shadows, have shadows cast on them, and have moving mouths (come on, it's a simple animated texture for everyone but bulkhead. inexcusable). Why they don't in this particular game is a mystery to me.

9. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Unlike some of you people, I'm probably the only one who is keen about playing, because I have a DS. I don't care about the graphics at all. It's a lot better than those lame old graphics for the Movie games. Obviously I don't see anything wrong with it, and I'm not going to let complaints stop me from having my fun.

10. Red vs Blue fan

Red vs Blue fan Banned

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  11. raiden225005

News Credits:
  12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice find.

But I'll choose FOC over this any day of the week.

13. raiden225005

News Credits:
    haha I'm only excited as a transformers fan but i'm still extremely disapointed as a 3ds owner. I still havn't found a reason to justify this 250.00 paper weight. I guess if I was obsessed with mario I would be happy that 4/5 3ds games coming out are all mario games. :( 

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a tie-in game made about a cartoon in a minor cartoon channel. It looks much better than anything anybody was expecting out of this really.

Not to mention everybody ignored because they were too busy being excited for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion anyway.

15. robo_rob

robo_rob I like Pepsi.

Looks pretty fun. I'll probably grab it before FoC in all honesty.

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Dude, it was 5 seconds of gameplay...

It's not for TF fans so of course it will be the good guys. Do we even know if the Decepticons are playable?

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Many games don't even make decent use of the 3DS' power. Why can't Sonic Generations play like the 360 version? Heck even Sonic Unleashed had a PS2 version and the 3DS is supposedly as strong as a Gamecube. I'm sure if the devs actually pushed the system we can get decent games. Why can't we have games that are TF1 (PS2) quality?

The Amazing Spider-Man E3 Trailer - YouTube

This is for a iphone people. I'm sure the 3DS can do the same if devs didn't underestimate it.

18. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know what's under the hood of either, specifically, but as an owner of both I'm pretty sure the 3DS packs nowhere near as much hardware as my 4S. Hell, I think my 3S trumped it. I love my 3DS, but I don't expect visuals on par with my iOS devices.

19. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Well that looked pretty good. I've learned to not expect the 2007 DS game levels of greatness, but I'll give it a go. hopefully We'll get a demo.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, you should. A dedicated game console made specifically to play games should do games better than an all-in-one device.

Especially when 3DS games cost many times more than iOS games.

Nintendo has coasted for the last 15 years on the goodwill of fans who will forgive them anything and make all kinds of excuses for why things aren't as good as they should be.