Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus In Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

I want him
    I just wish I knew where to buy him

• Like Like x 1
  2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    What country are you in?
    Retail is the best bet at $49.99, BBTS and others have him for $70, some places he is $90

3. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

United States, Arizona.
    My local stores don't restock except once every blue moon so I'm kinda just poking around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Small world, I'm in AZ also, the retail in my area is barren. But that could be a good thing, they should be restocking soon
    20180608_172716-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

@Chosen Prime is in Arizona.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

It just occurred to me...if the one vehicle mode they kept was the air attack mode, why does OpOp also need a hoverboard? :p 

• Like Like x 3
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the hoverboard is nothing more than a cute nod to primals 2nd form, he doesnt "need" it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    FB_IMG_1528489464269.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. ron8675309

Obviously. That still doesn't mean it isn't functionally redundant. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    It's a Cybertronian ship that can homage TM1 transport mode etc
    FB_IMG_1528299711134.jpg FB_IMG_1528761769203.jpg Screenshot_2018-06-09-19-24-57-1.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    eh not really, its for a different mode, thats like saying primals beast mode arms and legs are functionally redundant since his robot mode has arms and legs

12. ron8675309

You realize the entire point of the original hoverboard was to replace Transmetal Primal's lost jetpack. Now he's in the OpOp body which has a flight mode...and also gets the hoverboard. It's more like MP Shockwave also having his own gun mode to wield. A cute bit of fanservice, but also a tautology.

13. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but as evidenced in optimal situation, transmetal primal could still fly as he had jets in his robot mode feet

14. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this guy to show up in Canada!

I think if they just made his robot chest panel able to flip around to disguise it vehicle more, that would have gone a long way to make him look less like just the original Primal folded up behind the shuttle or hanging off OpOp's back. They could have even made it grey to match the shuttle half. Which would not only make it a bit more like one cohesive unit, but also homage the grey that was on the original OpOp's backpack.

As far as the utility of the hoverboard mode, I guess one could argue that it is a hover mode. Where as the jet mode is a jet mode. Although I do recall that OpOp had no trouble hovering in mid air like a VTOL in jet mode in the show. But I guess it's like why do Robotech robits have those chicken-legged, half-robot half-plane modes? But yeah, in the end, it does just seem like something they discovered and threw in near the end of the design phase. "Oh, hey! You know if stand the gorilla mode on the smaller robot's backpack mode, it kind of looks like the TM1 hoverboard mode." "Oh, yeah. You know, what? Add a couple pegs and ports and we'll call it an homage to that form. That'll make the furries happy." (Because apparently Hasbro thinks all Beast Wars fans are furries)

Overall, I just hope we get some upgrades for this guy to make him fantastic. Namely, weapons: swords for smaller robot mode and his original rifle for Optimal. And some wheels to give him ground assault mode back. And if PE can make a Ginrai robot figure to replace Powermaster Optimus's non-transforming truck cab, I hope they do a replacement Primal that not only has his own gorilla mode, but also has a better shuttle/hoverboard/backpack mode.

• Like Like x 5
  15. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Instead of just hoping, why not take action? Send your idea's to every 3P, especially PE, one of them will pick up the idea and go with it. Hoping will likely do nothing

• Like Like x 3
  16. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    YES!!!! Now we just need a 3rd Party company to make a new piece that is just a cartoon-accurate backpack and chest piece that has the pop-out chest guns gimmick from the cartoon, ball-jointed head, and the wheel piece for the Ground Assault Vehicle Mode, and have it just clip into the same place that the Deluxe Optimus Primal clips into (maybe modding how it clips in if Optimus Primal doesn't clip in there very well), and we'll have an awesome Modern Optimal Optimus!!! And yes, a hand-held rifle too. :lol 

Also, I wonder if a 3rd Party Company would consider making new shoulder pads and forearms/hands, a new backpiece that replaces the giant Optimal Optimus backpack, a piece to add to the existing chestpiece or a new chestpiece, and new lower legs/feet, and thus make the Deluxe Optimus Primal figure have a cartoon-accurate robot mode and a new cartoon-accurate or cartoon-styled (if they can't get it exactly right) Gorilla Mode?
    And he still needed the hover board in Beast Mode anyway.

17. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But he obviously didn’t “need” it since it apparent in the show (granted in that body’s final appearance) that his robot mode was capable of flight, therefore the hover board was redundant, just like his arms and legs in beast mode since his robot mode has those too :p  (I’m not serious btw, I’m trying to show how ludicrous the one persons comment that the board was redundant is since he has a jet mode)

• Like Like x 1
  18. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Again, he needed it for Beast Mode. It probably was more efficient for flying than hover feet anyway. But yeah, I'm not using the hoverboard configuration for this figure anyway, so eh.

19. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Not sure if I fully understand but for BW TM Primal, his transport mode was his new flight mode, however later we do see that he has jets in his feet so theoretically he could fly in robot mode as well as his transport mode which is he beast mode on a hoverboard. Later in Season 3, Optimal Optimus Primal is seen flying in robot mode, these 2 incidences might make some feel that these "flight" modes are redundant but the way I look at it is similar to Jet Decepticons being able to flight in alt AND robot mode, Alt mode allows for a great degree of Arial manuverability etc while robot mode may be more inclined to other things like Arial attack with robot mode weapons or other things etc.

For POTP OOP, the hoverboard mode which is an homage to TM1 OP is just that, an homage, something you can do, it's not meant to be 100% needed etc, it's for fun. Technically he can fly in all modes except for beast mode and ground assault mode but theoretically he could even fly in those modes as he has the jets in his feet and the wings etc, it would just not be very effective. That's how I see it anyways. FB_IMG_1528489430719.jpg FB_IMG_1528761922970.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm reading his statements as "it's unnecessary and shouldn't be there", then I'm trying to explain why he would need those in that mode despite having those abilities in another mode.