Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus In Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Interestingly enough, the promotional images of him holding the matrix are very much drawn with fur.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    The promo art was most likely made before they got to the part of the design stage where they said "uh... how is the deluxe figure going to have an ape mode?" "eh, we'll just make him a shuttle! they'll never notice!"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    TBF, with the main figure turning into a gorilla anyway, and with gorilla Optimus Primals being a dime a dozen, I'm more than willing to sacrifice the smaller figure's gorilla mode for an easy-to-obtain pre-Earth Optimus Primal. The cute reference to Transmetal Optimus Primal is a welcome bonus too. Besides, a shuttle makes sense for Optimus Primal, given that he could fly in all three of his bodies it stands to reason that his Cybertronian mode was some kind of aircraft.

• Like Like x 10
  4. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no desire to participate in the ongoing debate re: OpOp's Primal kibble in PotP. (And will not do so.) But people's posts did make me realize/observe something I hadn't before, which is how much said backpack can be thought of (if one chooses) as homaging the original toy's backpack.

Until now, I've been thinking of the OpOp mode's backpack as just a necessary byproduct of the evolution play pattern design. But looking at these pics side by side:

DSC02966.jpg 182409_Optimus_Gorilla_Back.JPG

... while the appearance & shape are obviously different due to it being a second dedicated figure in this instance, and while those are two different modes (bot vs gorilla) it definitely feels (to me) like the shape and placement is intended to at least attempt to evoke the original figure's "rocket pack," or whatever one wishes to call it.

Likewise with the jet mode.

61q+WM9dg3L._SL1100_.jpg
    optimal-optimus-004.jpg

How successfully or acceptably they've achieved this is subjective and not something I choose to put my two cents in about, since, as I said, I have no desire to take part in the ongoing debate. This also says nothing about the kibble on the deluxe Primal, of course.

But this is just an observation I hadn't made before now.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  5. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Huh, now I’m surprised there haven’t been any pics of Primal left in robot mode while combined in Optimal mode.

Or at least with his head left out and turned backward to recreate Luke hauling Yoda around the swamps off Dagobah in Empire or something similar.

I’m totally going to be doing that as soon as I get this figure.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Markdelg

Markdelg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or the artists weren't the same people who designed the toy, and there wasn't communication between the two of them.

• Like Like x 5
  7. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I know that. I mean looking at the pics showing the robot chest close up makes it look like the gap in the gorilla back won’t be as bad as people say it is. I’m pretty sure I said that about looking at the robot chest.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Fantastic Observation!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Baratacom

Baratacom Tripredacus office-boy

I'm liking this guy so far, which makes me regret even more for missing Ratrap and Rhinox back in the day.

My single issue with him are the hands, not really their shape/size, just those joints are a bit of a letdown nowadays.

But I'm sure some third party will come to the rescue.

Also not bothered about the backpack and little bot without gorilla mode one bit.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  10. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Love this podcost, no nonsense straight to the point, no bitching. Subscribed!

• Like Like x 2
  12. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 8
  13. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d say I’m good with this figure based on the pics above. On retail, this is gonna cost close to 1/3 of Perfect Effect’s equivalent so I’m not complaining on that point.

I still want a Primal Prime repaint though.

Have to admit that the larger beast shell gave me a Mega-Pretender vibe.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Foxtrot1993

Foxtrot1993 Member

Thats possible though open the closer look at mini primal....I wonder if his heads a swivel or a Ball joint and if it could be swapes onto the Cybertron Optimus primal....hm.

15. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

I hope it comes out soon

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Pass. :( 

17. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First time I have seen the back of the combined mode - that back kibble does look awful. A robot folded up into a box just to make the gimmick work...

18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two questions:

1.) For those that have the original figure and this figure, how do they compare?

2.) How does this guy scale with the Beast Wars MPs in bot mode?

• Like Like x 1
  19. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

We have been watching you Optimus Primal, since even before your core consciousness came online, we have seen you grow, we have challenged you, we have put you through the most rigorous of trials, we stripped you of your memories, we gave you status and power, we made you a king, yet in all of your power, you remained humble, you did not abuse your power, nor did you neglect your people, even without your memories to guide you, you were noble and honorable beyond measure. We again stripped you of your memories and we made you the guardian of the Requiem Blaster, we laid before you the ultimate weapon, ultimate power to do with as you please, we left you to this for millennia and yet your were steadfast in your mission, you were not tempted, you did not folly, you did not waiver, yet again you proved yourself to be humble, honorable and truly good. we have tested you time and time again and you have been triumphant at every turn, we fought to disprove you, we sought to oppose the will of Primus but your deeds and valor could not be overlooked, against all odds you have exceeded all of our expectations.

In the eyes of those who have seen all, you have proven yourself worthy of the mantle of Prime, you have proven yourself to be more worthy than any Prime before you and as such we have chosen you to receive our full power.

You have earned the respect of not only the original 13 Primes but also of Primus himself, he has seen your life, he has peered deep into the core of your spark and in his all knowing wisdom he has chosen you, now prepare yourself Optimus Primal, prepare to receive the full Power of the Primes.

Accept our Power and achieve your Grand Ascension

Take your rightful place as the One True Prime, the King of all Primes, the most worthy and the most powerful Prime of all time, past, present and future.

Now Arise God King Optimal Optimus Primal Prime!

FB_IMG_1528565401041.jpg 2018-06-08 09.25.19.jpg FB_IMG_1528299692307.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Man I wish this can happen in the actual POTP series. Such an epic way to bring back a beloved character.

• Like Like x 2