Transformers Podcasts

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Megatron750, May 23, 2016.

1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Pretty much. I am an avid listener of podcasts, and I'm always trying to hear anything related to hobbies I enjoy. I don't think any of the podcast on that list are bad per say. I just don't feel they're for me.

2. Megatron750

Megatron750 Transformers and Video Games

For anyone interested, the guys who host the "Transformers & Beer Podcast" have released all of their past episodes on PodBean. Here's a link to their announcement video:

Transformers & Beer Podcast Special Announcement - YouTube

They have a handful of other videos on the same YouTube channel.

3. Megatron750

Thanks for posting your comments, Weirdwolf. I will definitely check out your podcast. Just curious. Do you listen to any of the other podcasts on the list?

4. drushing

drushing Well-Known Member

I think this is my favorite podcast since they often talk about MIB/MISB G1 figures.
    I also enjoy the Shattered cast Uncut Podcast because they are an entertaining group. They're interest primarily lies in the arena of 3rd Party TF. This is not a direction I have opted to go with my collection, but they are passionate about it and seem very knowledgeable. They're reviews are also informative.
    I listen to the Radio Free Cybertron podcast to here about the variety of things they are talking about each week. They seem to go over a bit of everything from Hasbro, to Takara, to 3rd party. It is normally a good mix of everything.

These 3 are the ones I listen to each week.

5. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Actually yes, I listen to RFC most every week, and once in a while WTF@TFW. I don't regularly follow the comics, so that's probably the only thing that keeps me from listening to Transmissions as I don't want to be spoiled too much for when I DO actually get to read the comics. I hear it's a good cast though. I've listened to enough different shows to know there's something out there for everyone as each show has its own style or niche it covers. For example, my show covers general topics, toys, and the hobby in general, as well as occasional special guests. RFC does a lot of news and opinions on what's current. Transmissions does a lot of comic related material. More than enough out there to make someone happy.

Like I said earlier, I know my show isn't everybody's thing, but I know enough people out there are entertained and informed enough to keep coming back each week. We keep trying, keep looking for ways to make our show and the listener/viewer experience better without breaking our wallet (yes, doing a podcast can get expensive if you factor in server costs, GOOD equipment, etc).

6. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don't listen to podcasts often (not that they're bad, just that I have trouble listening to people for an extended period of time). I watch TFYLP the Saturday after they upload them. I'm entertained by the show due to the cast having a variety of interests and the variety of topics that they cover. I ended up getting Masterpiece Ironhide and Hot Rodimus from Captured Prey at Botcon this year because the show is sponsored by them. I'll eventually check out some other podcasts over the summer.

7. Megatron750

I know what you mean about having trouble listening to people speak for an extended period of time. I prefer podcasts that are about an hour long. There are great ones that are longer but unfortunately those ones are too long for me to follow with any regularity.

8. yakko

yakko IaconHub BossMonkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think that the great thing about the different Transformers podcasts is that we pretty much all have something different to offer and there's more than enough fans to go around. I like the discussion format that TFYLP has adopted. That keeps your episodes a little more evergreen than news based ones like mine.

Are you going to be at TFCon Chicago in October? There's going to be a podcasting panel, and I'd love to also meet up with a number of other podcasters like we did in Charlotte last year.

Also we do add timecodes in our show notes on TransMissions, so people can avoid spoilers if they want to. :) 

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Still up in the air for me at this time, if I do go, I'll be a dealer helper with Captured Prey. The lynch pin for me is vacation time, I burned all I had at BotCon, so if I take time off from work, it'll be without pay. If I do make it though, I'd love to meet up and stuff. :) 

10. Megatron750

Does anyone have any Transformers related podcasts to add that aren't already on this list?
    Alternatively, does anyone have any comments or feedback about any of the ones that are listed?