Customs: Transformers Plushies

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Altitron, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    My wife wants to start making and selling Transformers plushies. I recall seeing a few examples of these home-made dolls and they seemed to attract a fairly respectable commission price. She likes to think that she could contribute to the family more by generating extra income on the side in her free time. She's a very talented seamstress, so I'm sure she would have no problem making these dolls.

My question to you all is do you think that a worthwhile demand for these plush dolls exists? And if so, which characters would you most like to see?

- Alty

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the very fact that Hasbro made a Prime and Bumblebee for retail during the Classics line and that there is a Movie Prime validates the notion.

I'd recommend following suit, starting with the most iconic characters first and then venturing on into the other fan favorites.

A plushy Sixshot would be a dream come true!

3. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yea, they also made a Prime cat as well.
    If your wife is gonna make plushies, I'm so in. All 5 dinobots would be my first commission with her. Btw.....how is ole' springer coming along? That would be so cool...a family commission job :dj 

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I have the "Softimus Prime" & my wife has *both* of the TFCats... (We missed out on the Slumblebee)...

So, I too think there'd be a possible market for them... I want to say that I've seen something along these lines before, but I can't recall where...
    [edit: here's one, but just wanted to let you know that if you follow the link to the seller's store, the first thing that pops up is a page full of NSFW semi-nude & topless statues! Here's the link to a "Bumblebee" plush (with pics of others further below): Transformers G1 Bumblebee 6" Plush Doll 100% NEW For Sale).

5. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I sort of remember a girl on Deviantart was doing transformer plushies. She had a starscream and shockwave. I like plushies...sue me :tongue: 

6. Altitron

Ebay:
    Thanks for all of your inputs. My wife can't wait to get started after reading all of your comments.

It's funny that you ask, because our house arrived in the mail /today/. The place looks like a tornado rolled through it. :)  Hopefully we'll get through every box this week and I'll have my 'studio' back up and operational this weekend. :) 

- Alty

7. Altitron

Ebay:
    Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback. Over the past month or so my wife made two Transformers plushies, an Optimus Prime and a Megatron. I have a folder for both of them on my Photobucket account:

Optimus Plush pictures by Altitron - Photobucket

Megatron Plush pictures by Altitron - Photobucket

She has put them up for sale through her Etsy account.

VixenatorTF on Etsy

With Prime and Megatron now under her belt, she is opening her store for commissions. Send me a PM if you may be interested in talking to her about it.

- Alty

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      369 KB
      Views:
  8. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the button eyes!

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

You'll be pretty surprised at the amount of people who would just love to get TF plushies commissioned, so I'm sure your wife will have no problems in finding people wanting them. :)