Transformers Play Sets Custom Build other toy lines star wars gi joe

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by the1toyplace, Apr 13, 2010.

1. the1toyplace

the1toyplace Banned

Ebay:
    I have a vacuum former which will form 18 x 24 size of plastic or other materials. I started producing the plastic inserts for transformers about 5 years ago. Now I am looking to spread out. I have recently started making stormtrooper amor. I would like to produce some play set for different lines.

I am not sure what collectors want to see, so I would like some ideas.

2. samsallspark

samsallspark Well-Known Member

LOL, We seem to be in the same type of business (great minds huh) Anyway I repro the cardboard type of bases, (Star Wars, G.I.JOE, and now I'm wanting to do the 2 cardboard Transformers command centers) I use a very durable plastic material and place the image directly onto it, then I cover it in a vinyl film to protct and seal it.

I'd love to see some of your work.

3. the1toyplace

the1toyplace Banned

Ebay:
    Do you think anybody would be interested in play set for customizing. Should I make them as large as possible.

4. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

I'd love one! Some ideas...

"Playset" of Galvatron's plane in Transformers the Movie 1986 animated.

"Playset" of inside Unicron.

Unicron's Head playset.

Teletran one playset.

Decepticons headquarters.

Dinobot storage area inside the arc.

"Cybertron" playset.

"Quintesson Courtroom" from the 1986 animated Transformers movie.

Some ideas...

:) 

5. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would. For GI joes.

6. the1toyplace

the1toyplace Banned

Ebay:
    Would you prefer to have everything done; like stickers to apply, small accessories like computers and weapons, Or would you prefer to add these things how every you want.

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Faction Symbol bases or other bases for display - colored, plain plastic, metallic, you could do a variety of decos from each mold - think like the Masterpiece Seeker bases or the 6" Titanium bases, just done a little better and big enough for the figure to pose on.

Personally, I'd love just molded faction symbols that could be used as a display base.

8. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

That's a fantastic idea.

9. SLAYERBOT13

SLAYERBOT13 MASTER OF DESTRUCTION

Make me some of that lol. U can make weapons? I'd buy some. A big ass futuristic 50. Caliber like sniper rifle with scope and the muzzle break for classics hound cuz I think that would just look cool on him. And weapons for classics ravage u know like newer cassette weapons.and a real sword for classics grimlock more high tech but fitting into newer g1 style u know . Be funny to give classics prowl a night stick too.

10. the1toyplace

the1toyplace Banned

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the suggestion about what you would like to see. I haven’t actually made any play sets, but it will be very easy. I will try and describe what I am capable of doing.
    My vacuum former will form items as large as 18 inches wide and 22 inches long. It can form up to 8 inches high. I can form all types of colors, red, black, clear, basically any color. My system is fully automated, so I can crank out a few hundred an hour. It heats plastic and forms over whatever mold you have.
    Some sets I have been thinking about would be a buildings, a desert scene, a factory, ice scene and a headquarters with computer screens. I would make accessories like chairs, computers, lockers, ect… I was thinking the scenes could be customized by the customer. The scenes would come with stickers so you could design them many ways. What other questions do you guys have?

11. samsallspark

samsallspark Well-Known Member

All great ideas, let us know when you have one started.